Universal FAQ's

i was going to post earlier but got stuck on the tv show, Dr G, medical examiner, autopsy.
Dr. G is affiliated with Orlando Regional Healthcare which is who I work for. Her office used to be right around the corner from my office and she would frequently have lunch at the restaurant in the building. Since she moved the office, we don't see her very often.

Dr. G is affiliated with Orlando Regional Healthcare which is who I work for. Her office used to be right around the corner from my office and she would frequently have lunch at the restaurant in the building. Since she moved the office, we don't see her very often.

i'm impressed!!
she is so kewl.

the only well known person i met has been bozo the clown and oprah.

I'm sure this question was asked already somewhere but I have not been able to find it so here goes... I know Disney allows drinks & outside food into the park but is it okay to take bottled water into IOA? What about food? I'm not taking a cooler just a backpack. Thanks!

I'm sure this question was asked already somewhere but I have not been able to find it so here goes... I know Disney allows drinks & outside food into the park but is it okay to take bottled water into IOA? What about food? I'm not taking a cooler just a backpack. Thanks!

Yes, this is no problem.

Does Dragon Challenge have an on-ride photo?

What about Cat in the Hat?

Shame that Spider-man doesn't. I would love to have a memento of me on that ride. Did it so many times last summer. Will do so again this year too! :thumbsup2

So as far as I'm aware, Forbidden Journey, River Adventure, Ripsaw Falls, and Hulk have onride photos at IOA, but no other rides?

Universal are really missing a trick here aren't they? They could even add one to Doctor Doom. I'm sure some people would buy them.

Shame that Spider-man doesn't. I would love to have a memento of me on that ride. Did it so many times last summer. Will do so again this year too! :thumbsup2

So as far as I'm aware, Forbidden Journey, River Adventure, Ripsaw Falls, and Hulk have onride photos at IOA, but no other rides?

Universal are really missing a trick here aren't they? They could even add one to Doctor Doom. I'm sure some people would buy them.

Thats all of them for IOA. I don't buy them but I love making funny faces for the camera.:lmao:

In the shop across the street from the Spiderman ride, there is a spiderman store. Spiderman himself will pose with you in there and you can have your picture taken.

does dragon challenge have an on-ride photo?

What about cat in the hat?

Shame that spider-man doesn't. I would love to have a memento of me on that ride. Did it so many times last summer. Will do so again this year too! :thumbsup2

so as far as i'm aware, forbidden journey, river adventure, ripsaw falls, and hulk have onride photos at ioa, but no other rides?

Universal are really missing a trick here aren't they? They could even add one to doctor doom. I'm sure some people would buy them.

mib

No, no, no, I'm not at all interested in character poses. I just want the on-ride mementos. Oh well, still enough of them for me to collect I suppose: 4 in IOA and I think 2 in USF (although I didn't do too much at USF last year due to wanting to be in WWoHP all the time).

The 2 I can think of in USF are ROTM and MIB.

Nothing for Simpsons, HRRR, E.T... Universal are losing so much money here it's unbelievable.
Rockit has one.

Thanks XApril.

Can someone tell me where is the first place I can buy at Universal Lanyard for my keycard?

Last year I didn't bother with one, but I want one this year for ease of use and for the souvenir.

I know I can get them at CityWalk and in the parks, but what about the RPR giftshop?

Anyone?

Thanks XApril.

Can someone tell me where is the first place I can buy at Universal Lanyard for my keycard?

Last year I didn't bother with one, but I want one this year for ease of use and for the souvenir.

I know I can get them at CityWalk and in the parks, but what about the RPR giftshop?

Anyone?

yes, they sell some at the giftshops in RPR

I noticed on the official park opening hours site, that on Thursday 2 June, 2011, BOTH parks shut at 19.00hrs.

I presume this must be for some kind of function or event, but who the hell would hire out both parks at the same time? Bit greedy? ;)

Otherwise, it just means Universal are closing early for no reason, which seems strange. 7pm is WAY too early to shut 1 park IMO, but BOTH at 7pm?! :confused3
Unlike Disney universal and seaworld are near residential areas. School is still in session until June 10th so they must adhere to noise ordinances and such. This is why youll see them both close early. Not a greed issue

I noticed on the official park opening hours site, that on Thursday 2 June, 2011, BOTH parks shut at 19.00hrs.

I presume this must be for some kind of function or event, but who the hell would hire out both parks at the same time? Bit greedy? ;)

Otherwise, it just means Universal are closing early for no reason, which seems strange. 7pm is WAY too early to shut 1 park IMO, but BOTH at 7pm?! :confused3

Anyway, this day will have to be my Disney day (DHS). I canstill go to IOA for early entry and do things I want, but by lunchtime I want to be on my way to DHS. Can't really go any earlier to DHS because I want to be there for Fantasmic at 9pm, and there's simply not enough to do to warrant walking around for 12hrs at that park - even with the new Star Tours!
I'm thinking it's some kind of private/hard ticket event that night. Just guessing of course. :rolleyes1

I'm thinking it's some kind of private/hard ticket event that night. Just guessing of course. :rolleyes1

lol, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seemed a little sarcastic in that post.

Am I forgetting a big event? It's not Deathly Hallows premiere night, and I seriously can't think of what else it could be. Summer concert series perhaps? But still no need to close BOTH parks at the same time, or that early.

lol, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seemed a little sarcastic in that post.

Am I forgetting a big event? It's not Deathly Hallows premiere night, and I seriously can't think of what else it could be. Summer concert series perhaps? But still no need to close BOTH parks at the same time, or that early.
Sorry...didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I was just guessing as to why both parks would be closing early. The summer concerts are only at the Studios and they are included in the park admission. They would not close early for the concerts. I still think it's some kind of private affair.

i've experienced that before.
this is not the first time both parks have been closed at a certain time.

the parks both closed early as a corporation bought the park out for the evening when i was there.

it has happened before and never really advertised what company is holding the event until close to that date.

Metro West sarcastic..........:laughing:

oh my.
he is just the opposite of that!

when i read his reply post, it didn't come across to me in any rude way.
he stated 'he was guessing' why the parks were closed early that date.

No...the area around Universal is very much dictated by the school calendar in Orange County. The parks close early that day because school will still be in session until June 8th. It's like that all the time until school ends. Then it will go into the later times. Take a drive around the park, it's literally in the middle of a neighborhood.
It's possible there is a corporate event scheduled, but not likely.

Just noticed some good-ish deals for RPR over xmas or new year.

I think I will have to plan for New Year (Dec 30-Jan 3, just 4 nights) rather than Xmas, as I don't think my parents would ever forgive me if I went to Florida for Xmas instead of being with them. popcorn::

Has anyone ever stayed at UOR over Xmas or new year? How busy is it in resort hotels (I imagine VERY busy, but prices are cheap suprisingly, so who knows)? Is IOA packed on Xmas day or new years day?

Just noticed some good-ish deals for RPR over xmas or new year.

I think I will have to plan for New Year (Dec 30-Jan 3, just 4 nights) rather than Xmas, as I don't think my parents would ever forgive me if I went to Florida for Xmas instead of being with them. popcorn::

Has anyone ever stayed at UOR over Xmas or new year? How busy is it in resort hotels (I imagine VERY busy, but prices are cheap suprisingly, so who knows)? Is IOA packed on Xmas day or new years day?

from what i have read over the years, from Christmas on, it is crowded in the parks thru new years eve.

i wouldn't think you will encounter large crowds for the january dates but think dec 30 and 31st would be very crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter