Universal for a big chicken?

tkyes

<font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c
Possibly planning a trip next July with myself, DH, DH aunt, uncle and 2 kids (teenagers).

We are going to DisneyWorld for a few days and maybe Universal for 2.

Here's my question, I don't do thrill rides. I don't do rollercoasters, simulator rides, etc. Is it worth the price of the ticket for me to go to Universal those two days?

TIA!

TK :)

I would pay that amount of money just to walk around and see the plants, people etc. This is the best place to people watch. Plus you can still do a lot of things. Plus even if you might be a big chicken I would tell you to go on spiderman. It is a great ride.

thanks for the bump barry!

fboy9287 - what is spiderman like? It's not just a fear thing, it's a getting sick thing I am trying to avoid! :)

thanks for the advice - any other opinions out there? I would just assume hang out at Disney by myself while others go to Universal if there won't be anything for me to go on.

Is the atmosphere worth the admission price?

TK

yourself at Universal Studios if you are not into any of the thrill/roller coaster or simulator type rides. If you are a huge movie fan, then I think this park would definitely be a must for you to see at least once.

You may like Jaws which is a boat type ride which carries you along the water with a replica of the shark popping out at several points. Also, there is an attraction called Twister which gives visitors the chance to experience the outdoor elements of what takes place in an earthquake while standing inside a studio setting.

If you are a Lucille Ball fan you can go check out The Lucy Tribute which has all kinds of items/keepsakes on display from the actual show and the actress' real life. In addition, there is The Alfred Hitchcock attraction in which you can learn about the different techniques that were used in making several famous films in a theatre type setting.

If you like 3-D exhibits, you can check out the Arnold Schwarzenneger Terminator show in which a neat combination of different screen effects are used. Also, there's MIB (Men In Black) which is a moving ride (but it does spin in fact) that travels along a track where you use a device to zap out aliens while passing by and gain points.

If you are really interested in seeing how the special effects in horror movies are done, then there is the Gory, Gruesome, and Grotesque Make-up Show. There's also Nickelodeon Studios tour that gives a neat inside look of some things that are being produced. Other options to see are The Actors Animal Stage, Beetlejuice, and Wild Wild West Stunt Show live shows.

I hope I have not left out too many other attractions that Universal offers but from past visits I feel that there are a lot of things to see and do for nonthrill ride guests.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Deena!

I think I will end up going, just because I don't want to be the only one of the group not going.

I'll just have to do some more research as to which rides I might like. Thanks for your descriptions, I'm sure I'll have a great time!

:)

TK

I would say that you should have a person in your group go on it first. THEN you should go on it. It's a gental ride for me-then again i can stay on the hulk for 10 times...

I am wondering the same thing for next summer. We are going to do to days at Universal (after WDW and before Vero Beach) July 5 and 6. Wondering where to stay for most convenience for those going to Universal and for me to get out and drive back to WDW. Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter