Universal/IOA for our one day cruise port excursion?

annabug

Mamabug
Hey everyone!

We will be stopped in Port Canaveral during a cruise.

My son is a recent Harry Potter fan, reading all of the books, watching the movies..

So i was thinking of surprising them with a day at Universal

I do understand that this is not the best way to see this park! But Im wondering if it is doable, and what others experiences have been with cruise excursion

How should I plan? What to do first, where to eat, etc

We will want to focus on the harry potter section, and the section at the IOA too i think

This park is very unfamiliar to me

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

We have been to Disney and sea world many many times during land vacations.

My children will be 13/9

Thank you one and all!!!

I forgot to add, we will be there MONDAY JUNE 11

Ship itinerary says 1-9 p

with one hour commute each way

i think we would actually depart and get to park around 2-2:30, and have to leave by 7?

Not something I would try for a 5 hour period

I’d be concerned about traffic tie up and miss getting back on the ship

Not something I would try for a 5 hour period

I’d be concerned about traffic tie up and miss getting back on the ship

I'm using the cruise ships transportation, so missing the ship is not a concern

Im wondering about managing seeing the harry potter world and rides during the allotted time

Anything is doable, but I wouldn't recommend doing this.

Wait till you have more time to appreciate everything the parks have to offer. It really would be a rushed visit, especially trying to see Potter in both parks......one would be rushed enough with the very limited time you have.

First and foremost, I recommend doing what you want...a little Universal time is better than none and you can always get a taste and come back.

But my only word of caution is that both Harry Potter sections of each park are small and prone to bottlenecks especially in peak of day in summer. If you do go, be prepared to handle crowds and don’t get discouraged.

Thanks so much for your input. I know it seems a little crazy to try this, but my little guy is sooooo into Harry right now, I wanted to try it.

So I need to plan pretty carefully.

Am I able to buy a one day ticket with the special express pass for each of us?

Is it the HP train rides that goes in between both parks? Would we be able to do that?

Where can I find the best detailed map of the park?

Thanks so much!!

In order to do Hogwarts Express, you’ll need to purchase park-to-park tickets.

You can buy one day tickets and add the Express option on Universals website.

I like the Universal app to explore their park maps.

For the Harry Potter experience, I like Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks...both are quick service and have fish & chips, cottage pie, bangers & mash, etc. I like how the Team members will help you find seats.

I also love Butterbeer ice cream from the parlor inside Diagon Alley.

Great Thank you so much for your advice!

Im thinking we should start in Universal then explore and take the train ride to IOA?

You can also check the website for park layouts.

It clearly shows where all rides are as well as restaurants, bathrooms and things like first aid.

Of course you should do as you want, no one would suggest otherwise here.

I would start in Universal Studios too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter