Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get the feeling that Universal have put a huge amount of pre-thought into this and only made their initial announcement once they knew exactly how the park building was going to take place. By doing this they have a very clear idea of what will be built when and where and things can just get going - no more decision making/changing (though of course everything is subject to change).

I have a very positive feeling for the new park - not just a new land but a whole new multi-land park with nightime area and hotel - this is a huge project and I can't wait to visit it and stay in that hotel.

The way Disney has been dropping the ball lately this new competition will really benefit us, the customers, because everyone is upping their game to get the people to visit.

While we are probably a couple of years off I wonder what types of infrastructure improvements we will see at the Universal Resort areas. For example:

-Cabana Bay has 3 available bus stops. Will that be enough to handle busses going to two different areas? Will they need to expand? How are other hotels prepared for this?

-The Citywalk resort bus drop off is good and workable but still not the best. How will that area handle things and how will it handle Park to Park transport? Could we see that section get a total refurb with other shuttle busses getting moved and have that area completely Universal related?

- Could we see a Universal version of Magicbands hit the parks before 2023? Tickets/Express/Hotel consolidated into thing to carry. Volcano Bay has tapu-tapu so the idea does not have to stick with Disney. Or Universal could offer a all in one card so they do not lose out on all the sweet lanyard sales. Starting it in 2021 could give them a couple years to work out the kinks while slowly phasing out the multiple things you need to hold on to.

While we are probably a couple of years off I wonder what types of infrastructure improvements we will see at the Universal Resort areas. For example:

-Cabana Bay has 3 available bus stops. Will that be enough to handle busses going to two different areas? Will they need to expand? How are other hotels prepared for this?

-The Citywalk resort bus drop off is good and workable but still not the best. How will that area handle things and how will it handle Park to Park transport? Could we see that section get a total refurb with other shuttle busses getting moved and have that area completely Universal related?

- Could we see a Universal version of Magicbands hit the parks before 2023? Tickets/Express/Hotel consolidated into thing to carry. Volcano Bay has tapu-tapu so the idea does not have to stick with Disney. Or Universal could offer a all in one card so they do not lose out on all the sweet lanyard sales. Starting it in 2021 could give them a couple years to work out the kinks while slowly phasing out the multiple things you need to hold on to.

We already use our room key for charging anything in the parks. Would a Magicband system change much?

We already use our room key for charging anything in the parks. Would a Magicband system change much?

Well the last time I went I had a park ticket and a room key. And a previous time we had Room key, park pass, and separate Express pass. So I think there could be gains from a all in one system.

With the growing trend of virtual queue and mobile ordering how cool would it be to have a Universal Magicband with a screen. Instead of looking at your phone you could have updates on your band when ride times are ready or when food is ready. It could be a good bridge between information and not staring at your phone all trip.

Hollywood get Nintendo before Orlando as well. But I believe Orlando will get the most complete land. I know Hollywood will not have the Yoshi ride (they get Secret Life of Pets instead in a different area) and I want to say Japan is missing the Donkey Kong Coaster.

Orlando will have the land fully realized.
Think this is all correct. IIRC there was some discussion about having the Orlando Super Nintendo World area within one of the two existing parks (possibly skipping DKC?) but obviously plans got very ambitious.

Here's a photo from the Japan construction, looks like it's coming along. This photo is from Hollywood I think.

Will have to watch the videos a little later but glad to see Epic Universe is back up and running, so looking forward to this park.

I see Monsters Area planned on the future map detail...including FrankenSteins Laboratory . I would be so happy (&scared) if they rebuild the attraction (Hollywood Studios ) torn down to build their Harry Potter land in California... the detail was amazing and full of authentic set pieces and more! It took me many years of visits to finally brave this attraction. I never entered in the dark tho! Too scary...
Who needs Villains when we can have Monsters... ? Ok we need both!
I want a FrankenSteinMug ASAP!

AND big idea for future technology to connect Epic and Universal Studios No SkyLiner but how about a Tesla Sponsor Tunnel Attraction! Currently operating in Las Vegas June Concrete Convention
Video provided Bloomberg News

34C21133-8F8E-4B03-9E06-C983D2041340.png

Reminds me of the Walt Disney genius for 1964 Worlds Fair and Ford Motor Company attraction... perfect for EpicUniversal Connect!

According to LV article eventually connect to LAS Las Vegas Airport
Video provided Bloomberg News

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a feed or anything where we can watch changes as they work on construction? It's always so fun to watch stuff slowly change and get built.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter