Unsolicited Fiasco Props Thread

The strong, and often-stated dislike for cheese made him an odd candidate for restaurant reviews though.
Actually as I understand it, it wasn't a dislike per sey as much as a lactose intolerance. I believe I heard that in one of the dining reviews. As a person who suffers an extreme intolerance, I enjoyed his reviews of non-lactose bearing foods. Cheese, even a little, and despite using Lactaid supplements, can totally ruin both my day(s) and that of my guy's in often painfully uncomfortable ways. Ice cream is nearly as bad, etc.

Even if it wasn't LI as think I heard, his commentary was useful to me.

Actually as I understand it, it wasn't a dislike per sey as much as a lactose intolerance. I believe I heard that in one of the dining reviews. As a person who suffers an extreme intolerance, I enjoyed his reviews of non-lactose bearing foods. Cheese, even a little, and despite using Lactaid supplements, can totally ruin both my day(s) and that of my guy's in often painfully uncomfortable ways. Ice cream is nearly as bad, etc.

Even if it wasn't LI as think I heard, his commentary was useful to me.
I don’t disagree in that regard, similar to having someone along to review vegan offerings, etc., to provide that perspective and counterpoint. It worked well when they had the Sommelier’s Table meal at Citrico’s a couple of weeks ago. Where it didn’t work was when he did dining reviews alone.

ETA: I’m pretty sure he’s said about 100 times “I don’t like cheese”. Just seemed odd to me that you’d send someone who’s dietary requirements or preferences exclude significant portions of a menu, to do a solo dining review.

While I do hope Fiasco is doing okay health wise, I wish him the best.

I also don't understand this whole DIS thing where they cut loose people without any explanation. It's really starting to look bad for them. Especially how much they "strive to be transparent with the listeners".

At any rate, I hope everyone ends up happy.

It's basically "Don't get too attached to anyone who isn't John or Kevin" [Who are both great!]. I've only been watching since 2018 or so, but the only person who left and got an acknowledge in a public, non-paywalled show, was Steve.

Bummer he got "Boda'd". Fiasco brought a "childlike" wonder in his approach, and was a positive voice on the show. His dining reviews yes were a bit painful, but overall seemed like a nice young man, with a unique perspective to share. Wish him the best, and appreciate his service to his country!

Pete stated on his solo show, last Wednesday morning, that Fiasco was no longer with the company. The DVC show was recorded Wednesday afternoon. It was strange to not have some type of announcement to everyone before seeing a show with his replacement.
It seems like that's often the way things go. Some are just no longer on the Dis . I really liked Fiasco. He was down to earth and very polite .

It's basically "Don't get too attached to anyone who isn't John or Kevin" [Who are both great!]. I've only been watching since 2018 or so, but the only person who left and got an acknowledge in a public, non-paywalled show, was Steve.
And the Martins, although you rarely see them on the show these days (they were on the podcast cruise last week).

Steve got a goodbye because as far as I recall, although he left the YouTube shows, he didn’t leave the company- he moved state but remained a travel agent. Stay with the company- get a goodbye. Leave altogether - no goodbye. Understandable.

The guy that implemented the initial video set up got a goodbye episode too.

JenniLynn Knopp got an announcement video when she left. She now works literally for Disney in their production team.

Oliver did not get an on screen goodbye but got a statement, and neither did countless others… people come and go from jobs. It’s just the way it is.

… people come and go from jobs. It’s just the way it is.

While that's true, I think it applies much differently for on-air talent for which fans watch/get attached to certain players. Imagine Ed McMahon or Andy Richter just disappearing one day and Johnny or Conan not saying anything. This would be the same for hosts on a local radio talk show. Not saying people can't leave or be fired, that will always happen, and the reasons can certainly remain private - but some kind of acknowledgment or thanking for contributions would be far less awkward than the old....1653570127734.png

Last edited:
While that's true, I think it applies much differently for on-air talent for which fans watch/get attached to certain players. Imagine Ed McMahon or Andy Richter just disappearing one day and Johnny or Conan not saying anything. This would be the same for hosts on a local radio talk show. Not saying people can't leave or be fired, that will always happen, and the reasons can certainly remain private - but some kind of acknowledgment or thanking for contributions would be far less awkward than the old....View attachment 671791
Well... that choice of image is interesting considering what happened to Kevin Spacey today....

Steve still works with them I believe. He moved, so he’s not on the show.

I also don't understand this whole DIS thing where they cut loose people without any explanation. It's really starting to look bad for them. Especially how much they "strive to be transparent with the listeners".

Typically, a smart employer will restrict themselves, for legal reasons, to saying, "Yes, [former employee name] previously worked for [company] in a [job title] capacity." In some states, there are disclosure laws, but mostly it is because civil lawsuits (including defamation) are now commonplace from former employees. The CYA move from employers is to say as little as possible. And the employee often benefits from the privacy as well.

Last edited:
Typically, a smart employer will restrict themselves, for legal reasons, to saying, "Yes, [former employee name] previously worked for [company] in a [job title] capacity." In some states, there are disclosure laws, but mostly it is because civil lawsuits (including defamation) are now commonplace from former employees. The CYA move from employers is to say as little as possible. And the employee often benefits from the privacy as well.
Or the parties involved have NDAs in place maybe?

Or the parties involved have NDAs in place maybe?

It's possible but unlikely. NDAs relating to resignation/layoff/termination are extremely rare (more often related to payoffs). By the time an employee is exiting, you can't force them to sign a NDA or non-compete clause,

Once a failing dot-com tried to withhold my severance (layoff) as leverage to sign an NDA. I laughed and left (I could afford to be prideful, it was only 2-3 weeks pay) and they still cut the check because payroll didn't have any process in place to withhold it. Three months later they offered to let me exercise the stock options that they took away; 6 weeks after that they were out of business.

Ask any manager level or above what their corporations policy is on discussing former employees, I bet 9 out of 10 will say, "confirm they work there and that's it". Many are forbidden to right letters of recommendation, because that would be a discussion of quality of work.

Last edited:
Just to add to the very good, accurate discussion of corporate practices above please remember:
1 Just because an employee leaves it doesn't mean anything was wrong.
2 Just because an employee leaves doesn't mean the company has any obligation to explain
3 The DIS is a closely held (3 owners) company who do not have a Human Resources department but it is run by some very smart people. They understand the risks involved.

Just to add to the very good, accurate discussion of corporate practices above please remember:
1 Just because an employee leaves it doesn't mean anything was wrong.
2 Just because an employee leaves doesn't mean the company has any obligation to explain
3 The DIS is a closely held (3 owners) company who do not have a Human Resources department but it is run by some very smart people. They understand the risks involved.
4. In all honestly who cares, he left it is what it is. He’s joined the lovely yacht like some of our fellow members of the past. He was an nice guy though I’ll miss him.

He basically was normal... The DIS is not what it was. It's like Disney getting rid of the middle classes. He was in the forces yet owned some dvc points, he brought some normality to the show when everyone else tended to be very wealthy and would splash out on points and designer bags at the drop of a hat.

Nothing wrong with being wealthy but just like gender, race, sexual orientation he brought some dynamic quality's to the dvc shows. He stretched every point for its value. That's what I will miss... The reality... Normality... And kindness.

I do dislike the way he was dropped like that guy with the great voice from 2018 ish.

I hope it's not a toxic work environment but I always feel some voices are more important than others when it comes to the shows.

He basically was normal... The DIS is not what it was. It's like Disney getting rid of the middle classes. He was in the forces yet owned some dvc points, he brought some normality to the show when everyone else tended to be very wealthy and would splash out on points and designer bags at the drop of a hat.

Nothing wrong with being wealthy but just like gender, race, sexual orientation he brought some dynamic quality's to the dvc shows. He stretched every point for its value. That's what I will miss... The reality... Normality... And kindness.

I do dislike the way he was dropped like that guy with the great voice from 2018 ish.

I hope it's not a toxic work environment but I always feel some voices are more important than others when it comes to the shows.
I liked Fiasco and agree that he gave a nice dynamic to the show. I don’t really get the vibe that everyone other than he is “very wealthy” though. Pete and perhaps John have some money but the others seem like fairly standard middle class folks. Ryno, Deni, Panda, and Jackie certainly don’t come across as the super rich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter