UPDATE: Canadian Access to My Disney Experience

As far as I know they won't handle your bag if you are flying internationally, however it could depend on the airline you are using. In the booklet you received it lists the airlines that participate in the baggage transportation program. It also could have to do with the fact that you are flying through Chicago, which is domestic. Again, hope this helps.

thanks! I will look further into it just to make sure we doing things correctly :goodvibes

If you fly from canada but clear us customs in canada ( pre screening is done in canadian airports in most major centers) then you do not have to claim your bags in orlando and dme will take care of them. If you do not clear us customs in canada and have to wait to clear customs in orlando, you will have to collect your bags in orlando then head to the dme check-in

Have done this many times flying through yyz and yhz

I just checked the cbp website and its lists winnipeg as having us pre-clearence, so you'll clear us customs then drop your bags in winnipeg after checking in for your flight. Then you wont have to see your bags until they arrive at the disney resort in orlando. Have a great trip!

thanks! I will look further into it just to make sure we doing things correctly :goodvibes

Hi there! We fly to WDW from Winnipeg all the time and use Magical Express! As the previous posters have stated.....simply place the yellow luggage tags on your bags in YWG, you will clear US customs here. After arriving at MCO, simply go to the Magical Express location at the airport....no need to get your luggage as it will arrive at your resort usually a few hours after you arrive. Now, we just flew to MCO 2 weeks ago and got in real late at 23:45.....so for this trip we claimed our luggage at MCO and took it to the ME bus ourselves so that we had it for the over night period.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The yellow tags are so that disney will bring your checked luggage from the airport to your resort for you(unless you're fly from Canada, in that case they will not pick up your bags for you). The booklet you received has your ME tickets in it. They are the little perforated stubs with each persons name on them. Hope this helps!

They will definitely pick up your bags if you are from Canada! We've done it several times, and we are at Disney right now!!

They will definitely pick up your bags if you are from Canada! We've done it several times, and we are at Disney right now!!

Keep in mind, it depends on your departure airport and where you clear customs. Not everyone flying from Canada will be able to take advantage of luggage transfers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter