UPDATE: Canadian Access to My Disney Experience

keaster

DIS Veteran
Well after fruitless email attempts, I just did a live chat with a Disney CM and here's what transpired:

Me: Yes, I'm in Canada and we do not have access to the new Disney World website with the My Disney Experience page. Any idea when we will able to use it?

Olin: Hi there! No specific rollout date for My Disney Experience® in Canada has been announced just yet. We do, however, expect it in the near future.

Me: Can you give me a ball park idea of when that could happen?

Olin: I can't really speculate other than sometime this year when MyMagic®+ is out of testing and rolled out to all guests.

Me: So once MyMagic+ is rolled out to everyone, we will be able to see it then too? Just worried that we would be locked out of pre-booking FastPass+ reservations for our trip in August!

Olin: I totally understand! Yes, it should be released as MyMagic®+ is fully rolled out, as currently all of those systems, including Disney FastPass®+, are still under testing.

So basically...it'll happen when it happens :rotfl2:

Thanks for the update ... guess we just keep waiting.

We go in October; hope everything is rolled out well in advance or that it doesn't happen 'til after - don't really want to get caught with it rolled out and no access to take advantage of it.

Hi, I have been planning our trip to disney since April using the my disney experiance App I'm from Manitoba. I have had no issues at all.

Hi, I have been planning our trip to disney since April using the my disney experiance App I'm from Manitoba. I have had no issues at all.

I do have the app on my iPhone but that is causing me issues as well (for our upcoming SSR reservation it has us correctly as 3 adults, 1 child. But when you click on the details it lists my husband twice, my and my mother-in-law with no mention of our daughter.)

Also on the app I can't edit my profile or anyone of my Family and Friends.

I just wish they'd get the main website running!

keaster said:
I do have the app on my iPhone but that is causing me issues as well (for our upcoming SSR reservation it has us correctly as 3 adults, 1 child. But when you click on the details it lists my husband twice, my and my mother-in-law with no mention of our daughter.)

Also on the app I can't edit my profile or anyone of my Family and Friends.

I just wish they'd get the main website running!

I don't know why but I can access the MDE website from work. I live and work in Toronto. At home I only get the old site, where I can't even pull up my ADRs. So I do most of my planning at the office (don't tell!). I thought it was maybe because at work we have a newer version of Windows but now I don't know, since everyone keeps saying we don't have it.

I also use the app but like the website better.

I don't know why but I can access the MDE website from work. I live and work in Toronto. At home I only get the old site, where I can't even pull up my ADRs. So I do most of my planning at the office (don't tell!). I thought it was maybe because at work we have a newer version of Windows but now I don't know, since everyone keeps saying we don't have it.

I also use the app but like the website better.

Is it possible that your workplace has an American Internet provider? If so that may be why you can get the site at work but not at home. I think Canadians with American Internet providers or with software that can "trick" the computer into thinking its an American IP address can get the site.

keaster said:
Is it possible that your workplace has an American Internet provider? If so that may be why you can get the site at work but not at home. I think Canadians with American Internet providers or with software that can "trick" the computer into thinking its an American IP address can get the site.

Maybe! I wouldn't know about any of that. Although even when I take my work laptop home and use my home Wi Fi I still get it.

I can get into the new site but it eventually flips me back into the old one and there I have to put in my reservation number every time I want to bring it up. The App won't link to my reservations so besides line times etc. its not much good. Doesn't look like I'm going to have to worry about fast pass+ for my end of August trip so I'll just stick to using the Touring Plan app.

How do you tell which site you have?

You won't have the 'My Disney Experience' tab. It appears (I believe) on the left hand side of the screen. Just above where the days remaining until your trip appears. If you don't see that tab though, you don't have it.

You won't have the 'My Disney Experience' tab. It appears (I believe) on the left hand side of the screen. Just above where the days remaining until your trip appears. If you don't see that tab though, you don't have it.

does that only show up if you have a reservation?

How do you tell which site you have?

This is what I get when I go to www.mydisneyexperience.com :

MOQWjXnl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the old site with no My Disney Experience option.

MOQWjXnl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

When I enter my username and password it doesn't do anything. I get the green check marks that my info is correct but it doesn't sign me in.
It works on my iphone but not desk top computer. both iphone & internet are the same provider

vacation_junkie said:
When I enter my username and password it doesn't do anything. I get the green check marks that my info is correct but it doesn't sign me in.
It works on my iphone but not desk top computer. both iphone & internet are the same provider

The old site is crap. Since they launched the new site the old one got slow and sometimes nothing happens when you try to sign in. May have to try 20 times for anything to happen.

I get the new site, but as soon as I try to do anything, I get an error page on the old site. I can then continue to use the old site.

I do use the iPhone app, but it has issues for me as well -- my Teppan Edo reservation for 8 (as shown in my confirmation email) shows up as a reservation for 24 people!

I just tried here and it let me enter the site and retrieve my reservations and save it. I'm close to Toronto, Ontario also.

Here's something weird for you all... on my laptop using WiFi I cannot get the MDE website, my mobile can via 3g or wifi... my tablet doesn't have the application but I can access the MDE website via the same wifi my laptop cannot. Go figure!

MOQWjXnl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's what I get, my guess is everyone will get the new site when they actually need it. As of right now they are only testing with select groups of people and CM's so the My Magic + site may not be live to everyone yet.

I just keep it logged on all the time and never log off of it. The only Disney sites I need to log into are the Castaway Club section of DCL and the disney store, all of the other it just keeps me logged in.

Tonight for the Disneyworld sight all I see is a green screen with only the following text below on it??? This is the worst it has gotten. I've cleared browsing history, cookies, etc. and still this is all I am getting tonight. I can't check anything, or see anything. Anyone else having this extreme issue now.

The other Disney sites are working fine (i.e. Disneyland, etc.)

All that is showing on the Disneyworld Site:
Disney.com Store Parks & Travel Video Movies TV Music Games Books Live Shows

Help & Guest Services | Site Map | Internet Safety | Terms of Use | Legal Notices | Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights | Interest-Based Ads | About Disney

©Disney. All rights reserved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter