UPDATE: Canadian Access to My Disney Experience

That's what I get, my guess is everyone will get the new site when they actually need it. As of right now they are only testing with select groups of people and CM's so the My Magic + site may not be live to everyone yet.

I just keep it logged on all the time and never log off of it. The only Disney sites I need to log into are the Castaway Club section of DCL and the disney store, all of the other it just keeps me logged in.

All I ever get on my iPad after allowing me to log in is "The data supply has been Interupted, please try again later

I used the Tunnelbear program that was suggested in this forum a while ago and can access the new site with no issues (From Toronto(h) and Pickering(w); The cookies saved in your browser will allo continued access without having to use the Tunnelbear everytime. The app on the iphone 4 gives the same info. Currently there is nothing that can be done re: FP+ and I do have the occassional wrong information shown but all my reservations and ADRs are visible. When making a payment, I revert back to the old site as that's more accurate for me.

I used the Tunnelbear program that was suggested in this forum a while ago and can access the new site with no issues (From Toronto(h) and Pickering(w); The cookies saved in your browser will allo continued access without having to use the Tunnelbear everytime. The app on the iphone 4 gives the same info. Currently there is nothing that can be done re: FP+ and I do have the occassional wrong information shown but all my reservations and ADRs are visible. When making a payment, I revert back to the old site as that's more accurate for me.

This,

I was the one who suggested Tunnelbear :-) Works great. Really only have to load it up once or twice a month when the cookies expire.

Interesting note. The MDE website prompted me to take a survey so I jumped all over it. It allowed me to select canada as a location even though the website has not officially rolled out to us. I gave them bad marks in the ease of use category and explained all the trouble us Canadians have to go through to even get on the site.

I've installed it on my iPad and it works. I will note that I don't have my gps turned on.

I am able to use it with Tunnelbear as well, thanks for the tip! Now I won't be so panicked if FP+ goes live and we don't have access.

Thank you , thank you, thank you for the Tunnelbear recommendation!!:goodvibes

The Candlelight Processional packages went live online this morning and I couldn't book. I called and was told to call back on July 9th. I was so upset that my shot at booking what I wanted was going to come a week later than everyone else:(
I came and read this thread, had tunnelbear working in 3 minutes and got exactly what I needed::yes::

So.. Christmas Surprise Trip plans are all set and I am a happy camper!

I use unblockus and also have had no trouble accessing the site. The app seems to work better. All my dining reservations are there.

You want weird? I used tunnelbear, linked all my reservations (both resort and dining), made some new reservations today etc. I turned Tunnelbear off and now I have zero problems accessing the site and all my info. It seems I just needed TunnelBear to register, but since then I can access it with my regular Canadian IP with no problems:confused3. I am not complaining mind you.. but that is odd.

You want weird? I used tunnelbear, linked all my reservations (both resort and dining), made some new reservations today etc. I turned Tunnelbear off and now I have zero problems accessing the site and all my info. It seems I just needed TunnelBear to register, but since then I can access it with my regular Canadian IP with no problems:confused3. I am not complaining mind you.. but that is odd.

Yes, this works until you clear your cookies then you'll have to log into Tunnelbear again.

Yes, this works until you clear your cookies then you'll have to log into Tunnelbear again.

Awesome!:goodvibes
You know.. I feel like I've been let into a secret club or something just because I can now access the features on this site:lmao:

I did online check in for our resort last week and had very few options for requests. I updated it today and was able to request the building and view I wanted. I was able to link the 3 reservations I have for resorts (2 separate trips), all my dining etc. It's a whole new Disney website world. And I can finally relax about Fastpass+ which was really starting to concern me because we have not one but 2 trips booked this year. One of them is the week before Christmas and if fastpass+ rolls out before then, I would have been in trouble not being able to book anything on the old site. It's just nice to level the playing field. Thank you again for the help in this thread. It cheered me right up. It was getting very very frustrating to be spending so much money and have none of the features that the US people had.

Awesome!:goodvibes
You know.. I feel like I've been let into a secret club or something just because I can now access the features on this site:lmao:

I did online check in for our resort last week and had very few options for requests. I updated it today and was able to request the building and view I wanted. I was able to link the 3 reservations I have for resorts (2 separate trips), all my dining etc. It's a whole new Disney website world. And I can finally relax about Fastpass+ which was really starting to concern me because we have not one but 2 trips booked this year. One of them is the week before Christmas and if fastpass+ rolls out before then, I would have been in trouble not being able to book anything on the old site. It's just nice to level the playing field. Thank you again for the help in this thread. It cheered me right up. It was getting very very frustrating to be spending so much money and have none of the features that the US people had.
I agree....it's exactly how I felt and now I feel SO MUCH better about my Christmas trip and ready for Fastpass+ if needed.

Its not really that odd. What is happening is that you have the website cached and cookies saved so it will continue to load to the new site. You will find that it will revert back to the old site over time or if you click a link directly to the old site. At that point you will not be able to get back to the new site without tunnelbear.

Just keep it handy and you will be fine. :thumbsup2

Its not really that odd. What is happening is that you have the website cached and cookies saved so it will continue to load to the new site. You will find that it will revert back to the old site over time or if you click a link directly to the old site. At that point you will not be able to get back to the new site without tunnelbear.

Just keep it handy and you will be fine. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I was under the impression that every time I logged on it accessed my IP to determine my location so it didn't make sense to me. I understand it now:)

Interesting note. The MDE website prompted me to take a survey so I jumped all over it. It allowed me to select canada as a location even though the website has not officially rolled out to us. I gave them bad marks in the ease of use category and explained all the trouble us Canadians have to go through to even get on the site.

I had the same survey pop up yesterday. I blasted the website because we really should not have to jump through hoops (such as using TunnelBear) to get access to the same functionality and content.

If I get the survey I promise you all I will make sure to do the same. We all should. This has gone on faaarrrrr too long. The U.S. website has been up and running since last summer. We've had a glitchy nightmare of a site for well over a year. I don't think I've been able to see my reservations after I make them for the last 2 trips, maybe 3. We end up having to call for everything which costs us more money, and Canadians who don't know the workarounds to get to the new site or going to be at a major disadvantage for fastpass+.

If I get the survey I promise you all I will make sure to do the same. We all should. This has gone on faaarrrrr too long. The U.S. website has been up and running since last summer. We've had a glitchy nightmare of a site for well over a year. I don't think I've been able to see my reservations after I make them for the last 2 trips, maybe 3. We end up having to call for everything which costs us more money, and Canadians who don't know the workarounds to get to the new site or going to be at a major disadvantage for fastpass+.

We've been able to access all our reservations on our past visits. The only problem was that the home page kept saying 8 days until your vacation for months after we returned! What a bummer it wasn't true lol!

I can get on it no problem on my iPhone and iPad . Desk top computer no luck :(

We've been able to access all our reservations on our past visits. The only problem was that the home page kept saying 8 days until your vacation for months after we returned! What a bummer it wasn't true lol!

I can get on it no problem on my iPhone and iPad . Desk top computer no luck :(

Really? There were so many of us last summer who could make dining reservations but they weren't saved under reservations and you couldn't cancel them or change them online. Or even see them after you made them. It was like that for my August trip, my February trip and for this August trip and my upcoming December trips:scared:. However now that I have the workaround I can see them all on MDE.:)

I have no issue using the website either. I have done 4 trips in the last 1 1/2 and have never had an issue getting our reservations or dining ressies done. It is always there.

The only issue I have, is accessing MDE. I can get it in the US when I go over, but I can't get Tunnelbear to work on my computer at home for some reason.

I'm not concerned about it. It doesn't make a difference either way to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter