• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Meijer has released their 2023 Holiday Toy Guide and in it we'll have this upcoming offer.

1697308080110.png
  • Earn 5,000 points on every $50 3rd Party Gift Cards

Last edited:
DH & and just checked our Chase cards and we both received this offer; his on Disney Visa and mine is on Freedom.

Has Chase ever given bonuses for Pet related expenses?
I'm not referring to individual offers, but Q. bonuses.

1697309551076.png

Thanks for posting, I didn't double check the exclusions earlier, happy to see gift cards are NOT excluded. :thumbsup2

Rakuten

View attachment 800131
Sam’s Club Disney Gift Card Post #15415
  • $25 Disney Physical for $23.98 YMMV in-club
  • $50 Disney eGift Cards for $47.98
  • $50 Disney Physical for $48.98
  • $75 (3x $25pk) Disney for $71.98
  • $150 (3x $50pk) Disney for $144.98
  • $200 Disney eGift card for $185 OOS
  • $200 Disney Physical for $191.98 YMMV in-club
  • $500 Disney eGift Cards for $484.98
  • $500 Disney Physical for $484.98
Credit Cards and More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: Wholesale Clubs
  • Cash App Boost
  • Combine with Ibotta when available Post #18440 :thumbsup2 @Liquidice 8/23/23
  • Sam's App: Will let you pay with two / three forms of payment in a single transaction via APP Great way to use up any remaining amount on Virtual Visa's.
  • Cashback Monitor - YMMV
Since you can only do Rakuten online, can you buy the physical gift card to be shipped? I did get the 10% with my online digital but it won't let me buy any more. I am not sure how long that lasts. I don't know what it said before when I got my digital cards but it says this now and I was wondering if it will still give 10 percent cash back.
Cash Back Categories
All Other Items1%
Member's Mark10%
New Memberships10%
Pickup Orders1%
Same Day Delivery1%

I made 3 purchases - 2 on 10/7 and 1 on 10/11. Knock on wood, all 3 are still showing that they’ll be paid.

@wdw_dine_junkie when did you make your purchase? Sam’s is still showing cash back of “up to 10%,” but they changed the categories a couple of days to basically just include memberships. Just wondering if maybe you made your purchase after they made that change?

Since you can only do Rakuten online, can you buy the physical gift card to be shipped? I did get the 10% with my online digital but it won't let me buy any more. I am not sure how long that lasts. I don't know what it said before when I got my digital cards but it says this now and I was wondering if it will still give 10 percent cash back.
Cash Back Categories
All Other Items1%
Member's Mark10%
New Memberships10%
Pickup Orders1%
Same Day Delivery1%

I don't buy gc via Rakuten but the offer has since changed, as @iujen94 has posted.

You should be able to buy physical and shipping is free.
CB at this point is YMMV.

Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Sam’s Club Disney Gift Card Post #15415
  • $25 Disney Physical for $23.98 (4%) YMMV in-club
  • $50 Disney eGift Cards for $47.98 (4%)
  • $50 Disney Physical for $48.98 (2%)
  • $75 (3x $25pk) Disney for $71.98 (4%)
  • $150 (3x $50pk) Disney for $144.98 (3%)
  • $200 Disney eGift card for $185 OOS
  • $200 Disney Physical for $191.98 (4%) YMMV in-club
  • $500 Disney eGift Cards for $484.98 (3%)
  • $500 Disney Physical for $484.98 (3%)
See the Note regarding limits, click the link

Sometimes Rakuten has in-store offers. You would need to add your credit card to your Rakuten account and use that card at checkout in store.

Rakuten In-Store Offers
1697312609180.png

I'm sorry this post keeps getting altered, my pups are going a bit nuts.

Last edited:
My Sams gift card that was tracking on Rakuten is now 0.00, says "Sam's Club did not provide Cash Back for this purchase." Now I know gift cards were not excluded, but I also am not sure if I want to question it either. WWYD?
I would not file for missing cash back if I had ever gotten cash back on gc from other retailers because I wouldn’t want Rakuten to take that back/flag my account/close my account upon looking into my purchasing history.

Weird data point- I’m in Disney now. I bought 3 $500 “ 100 years “ physical cards from ShopDisney. The cards worked fine in the gift shop and in the parks BUT the front desk could not connect it to our room, so we could charge back to the room using our magic bands? They ended up buying a few $15 DGC at the gift shop for us. using the App, I transferred my $500 cards to the $15 cards and then magically, it would connect to our room. Crazy! But the $500 physical ShopDisney Encanto card worked fine???
I’m confused. What do you mean “connect”? GC’s don’t connect to your room account at all. In order to charge to your room you need a cc or debit on file- that card is connected to your room account and used for pre-authorizations. GCs cannot remain on file and can only be used as one time payments methods for posted charges. After the charges appear on your room account a GC can be used to pay the charge at the front desk. Any remaining balance stays on your gc, not the room account.

Do you maybe mean your gc did not work to make a one time payment for charges already posted to the account?

I made 3 purchases - 2 on 10/7 and 1 on 10/11. Knock on wood, all 3 are still showing that they’ll be paid.

@wdw_dine_junkie when did you make your purchase? Sam’s is still showing cash back of “up to 10%,” but they changed the categories a couple of days to basically just include memberships. Just wondering if maybe you made your purchase after they made that change?

I ordered on 10/8, but it didn't deliver until 10/9 (email delivery)

Rakuten gave me the 10% on Sam's Club GC for my purchases from last week but did another one today and I'm only seeing 1% given back so...yeah the 10% is over. And I wouldn't have bought the one today if I had checked here first to see it wasn't tracking at 10%! Oh well.

I would not file for missing cash back if I had ever gotten cash back on gc from other retailers because I wouldn’t want Rakuten to take that back/flag my account/close my account upon looking into my purchasing history.

Typically I never recommend doing this either however, when Rakuten posted the exclusion list, gift cards were not listed.
This is the only time I would contact them. Provided peeps purchased DGC within the promotional time frame, there's no reason they shouldn't expect to earn cb.

I ordered on 10/8, but it didn't deliver until 10/9 (email delivery)

The delivery time has no bearing on the promotional offer.
Again, I recommend you reach out to them. Obviously you purchased DGC during the promotion, you should be paid.

Rakuten gave me the 10% on Sam's Club GC for my purchases from last week but did another one today and I'm only seeing 1% given back so...yeah the 10% is over. And I wouldn't have bought the one today if I had checked here first to see it wasn't tracking at 10%! Oh well.

Ugh, that's unfortunate.

To all, you must read the terms on these cb websites. What was offered last week - happened last week. Everything changes so stay sharp especially during this holiday season.

I’m confused. What do you mean “connect”? GC’s don’t connect to your room account at all. In order to charge to your room you need a cc or debit on file- that card is connected to your room account and used for pre-authorizations. GCs cannot remain on file and can only be used as one time payments methods for posted charges. After the charges appear on your room account a GC can be used to pay the charge at the front desk. Any remaining balance stays on your gc, not the room account.

Do you maybe mean your gc did not work to make a one time payment for charges already posted to the account?
A credit card is linked to our room, however, I didn’t want to charge room charges back to my CC. In the past I would go to the front desk daily and pay all room charges with a DGC. You can’t do that anymore, or at least that’s what POP Century said. POP century loads the entire DGC, in this case $500, onto my room. As I charge with my magic band, the DGC is used up. The CC is used as a back up. For whatever reason the 100 years physical DGC would not load/connect to my room.
Once we got the new DGC from the POP gift shop and transferred my 100 years DGC to it, everything worked fine. The front desk said once we check out any remaining DGC balance will be transferred back to our card.

A credit card is linked to our room, however, I didn’t want to charge room charges back to my CC. In the past I would go to the front desk daily and pay all room charges with a DGC. You can’t do that anymore, or at least that’s what POP Century said. POP century loads the entire DGC, in this case $500, onto my room. As I charge with my magic band, the DGC is used up. The CC is used as a back up. For whatever reason the 100 years physical DGC would not load/connect to my room.
Once we got the new DGC from the POP gift shop and transferred my 100 years DGC to it, everything worked fine. The front desk said once we check out any remaining DGC balance will be transferred back to our card.
Wow this is great to know, I thought I would need to use my physical gift cards but that’s awesome to know there is an option now to link gift cards to magicbands.

Crazy. Either there is a new policy in place or Pop/your CM is just doing their own thing. I’m leaning toward a rogue Pop/CMs because they are incorrect about being able to pay with gc through your stay. You cannot pay it off each night because your Folio is only charged for your room as you use it so technically your account shows a credit for the total room charges until the point your credit is less than your accrued room costs + charges. At that point you start getting the pre-authorizations on your cc and would be able to go to the front desk at the end of the evening and start using your gc’s towards charges.

You need to get a copy of your Folio at the front desk when you check out if you think you have any money coming back to your gc. And you need to check your gc to make sure it’s actually there. I was told they don’t allow gc overpayments because refunds to gc are complicated. There have been a couple reports of folks being allowed a gc overpayment but the vast majority of us have not been allowed to do this. I’d be pleased as a peach to learn these policies have all changed and your gc was refunded automatically without any delay so do report back and good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter