Updated - NOV. 7TH christmas tree pass list, dates for BWV & OKW !

Thank you, i was actually going to start on tuesday to confirm everyones dates and last names for the member before your dates to attach your name on the tree for your arrival.

its important for everyone to do this , please watch for an update on tuesday !

thank you !:sunny:

Hi! We're only going to be at SSR Dec. 18th to the 19th and I noticed that the first SSR tree is still not claimed during that time. I asked DH if I should "go for it," we loved having the tree in our studio at VWL last year, and he said sure. So if a 1 night stand is OK, I'll be happy to give it a home. Now, if someone hasn't seen this yet and wants it because they're staying longer, I understand. But, we would be happy to give the tree a home at SSR on Dec. 18th! We are on the list for the BWV tree beginning on the 19th!

Bobbi:D

Question on sizes of trees everyone else has:

I'm shopping for trees. Just wondering about the other trees. Can you describe them - i.e. floor models, wall models, table top etc?

I'm concerned about the shipping weight and want to know how everyone else handles it.

I've found a suitable 28" tree - table top style that is very light and cheap if it's lost. It's surprisingly full branched. Most of them are spare, but this one is nice. I"m sure I can decorate it very cute.

I have a 4' wall tree that is pricey and I would be upset if it's lost. It's also weighty.

I have found 3' and 4' floor trees that are too heavy or too skinny.

Most of the stores around here still don't have their full selection of Xmas stuff, so I'm still shopping.

Thanks for you input.

bumpin this back up ....

we just got our tree from Hobby Lobby .... they're 30% off this week ... it's 4.5 feet and prelit .... :Pinkbounc

marylee :earsgirl:
"Pix"

Pixiedustforever
VWL 11/20-27

i believe the trees are around 2.5 , 3 feet tall, like table size trees.
as far as the shipping what do you think about fedex, dont they include insurance up to $100 per shipping item? i know ups is more money and insurance is extra.

we will be asking each family to donate about 2 dollars for the shipping

tomorrow or wed. i will get the list updated and start confirming the dates and last names plus more info on the tree passing...

bobbiwoz

i will add you to the list soon, thanks !

Thanks for the info on the trees.

I might be able to get a deal with FedEx on the shipping. Someone my DH works with works for FedEx and he says we can use his # for shipping the men's golf clubs for $6 each way, so I'm checking to see if that goes for the tree as well.

Since there are only 4 with our tree now, I'm trying to keep the shipping under $10.

I'll keep shopping for trees and come up with the best I can!

Is it too late to ask to be put on the list for OKW in case there is a cancellation? We will be there 12/19-12/23.

I was planning on bringing my own until I spotted this thread...this would be so much more fun.

We'll be at SSR celebrating the Holidays with our west coast cousins 12/26/04-1/1/05. Leaving home for the holidays where our home is decked with the holidayspirit (and will be on dependent on timers and a friendly neighbor while we're gone)so as not to disaapoint the neighborhood. I was delighted to see the Christmas Tree pass along and would love to participate if possible -- and ensure the tree is shipped to it's off season home when we leave unless there's someone to pass it along to for Little Christmas. Please let me know if this works out and thank you for your coordinating efforts.

Could someone post to explain how you light up any light strings on the deck railing? I'm wondering if there is an outdoor plug or if you need to put the cord out thru the door. WIll also tell me how much of an extension cord I will need!

Thanks!

When we had lights on our balcony at BCV, we had to run an extension cord from inside the room out to the balcony. We left the sliding door slightly ajar when the lights were on. I seem to recall there being an outlet very near the sliding door, so I don't imagine that you would need a tremendously long extension cord to reach. Take along a couple of standard 9 foot extension cords and you should be in good shape.

Thanks for the balcony info!

I'll buy buying some greens this weekend at AC Moore with my 50% coupon!

Dizzy4Disney

You have your PM shut off so I can't send you info about the tree. Can you please PM me with your email address so I can contact you?

Thanks!

Hi wdwstar!
We will be staying at VWL Dec. 5-7 and are on the 4th VWL tree list.

I can't wait to share the excitement of passing the 'FAMILY' tree!!! Here's :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: for taking the time to arrange all of this! :teeth:

I was just going to post if this was being planned this year. I really wanted to get in on this! We'll be at SSR Dec 5 - Dec 15, if there's room, fit us in!

D4D

I would love to have the tree at OKW December 24th until ?? I will be there until January 11th, but definitely don't need the tree that long if somebody else wants it. I don't want to be a tree hog! Otherwise, if everybody agrees to chip in money, I'm fine with shipping it back.

Please PM me with information,
Ashley:wave2:

just bumping the post up so everyone can see where they are on the list, so if you havent confirm your dates and last name to me in a pm , please do so i can pass on the names for the trees.
then i will post with, i guess you can say the tree rules & info.
thanks!

I'm willing to start a second OKW tree and ship down to first family. Our dates are Dec. 17 to Dec. 21. WDWstar, please let me know if you think there is enough interest to start this second tree.

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter