Us, Food, Drink, Friends, and Sledge (Hijack update Disney and Napa Rose 12/16)

Hey Guys! All I will be able to do this year is finish up this report. We had to cancel our December trip for JAson's work reasons. All good but still hard! So no Sledge does Christmas! Sorry Brenda! The rest are most likely relieved! :rotfl2:

Sorry :hug:

Thank You Elin! We are sad but you know it is what it is! Now we are trying to figure out how to use those points before the end of Jan. so we don't loose them! As Jason says - It's all good!

Feb use year stinks when it comes to Christmas trips :headache:

Sorry you had to cancel your trip, Chelsi. :sad1: Just more money for future adventures! :goodvibes

Thank you - But yes, we already have something in the works to see the new DVC here in California!

Sorry :hug:

Feb use year stinks when it comes to Christmas trips :headache:

It does and the 4 month cancel is a hard one too! Oh -well I will miss the Osborn Lights but as close as we live haven't done the Disneyland Christmas at night for a long time so it's all good!

Hey Guys! All I will be able to do this year is finish up this report. We had to cancel our December trip for JAson's work reasons. All good but still hard! So no Sledge does Christmas! Sorry Brenda! The rest are most likely relieved! :rotfl2:

Darn, and I was so looking forward to seeing Sledge dressed as Santa! Seriously, sorry you had to cancel, Chelsi.:hug:

Thank you - But yes, we already have something in the works to see the new DVC here in California!

It does and the 4 month cancel is a hard one too! Oh -well I will miss the Osborn Lights but as close as we live haven't done the Disneyland Christmas at night for a long time so it's all good!

I was going to ask if you had checked VGC. Hope that works out! :goodvibes

Kabuuuuuukkkkkkkkeeeeeee .... we is waiting for an update. I posted one now it's your turn. ;) :hug:

Hi Chelsi! I am just catching up on your reviews. Loved reading about your day at the Ditch. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I'm bummed I missed out on it!

Sorry that you had to cancel your December trip. I guess you won't be able to have a margarita at the Ditch for my birthday after all. You'll just have to have one in CA instead. I know I'll be having one here:thumbsup2 Hope you were able to schedule something else to use up your points. Disneyland sounds like fun. I haven't been there in about 20 years :scared1: I keep saying that I'd like to go out there but WDW always wins out.

Looking forward to more of your reviews and to seeing what Sledge is doing for Christmas! :goodvibes

did you mean the V&A update? I can't wait to see your take on dinner that night! :thumbsup2

Noooo...haven't gotten to that yet. I just did a minor update a couple days ago, the breakfast at the Formerly Known as Gacky place and further adventures in the Ditch. ;)

Just getting caught up here, WOW, y'all had a blast at the Ditch! Johnny & I stopped in there and loved it, would have been better with some of my crazy DIS buds though.:rotfl:

I was going to ask if you had checked VGC. Hope that works out! :goodvibes

Hi Chelsi! I am just catching up on your reviews. Loved reading about your day at the Ditch. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I'm bummed I missed out on it!

Sorry that you had to cancel your December trip. I guess you won't be able to have a margarita at the Ditch for my birthday after all. You'll just have to have one in CA instead. I know I'll be having one here:thumbsup2 Hope you were able to schedule something else to use up your points. Disneyland sounds like fun. I haven't been there in about 20 years :scared1: I keep saying that I'd like to go out there but WDW always wins out.

Looking forward to more of your reviews and to seeing what Sledge is doing for Christmas! :goodvibes

Sorry for not updating sooner. Christmas and some other stuff have been keeping me busy! I just read Brenda's New Zoo Review!:laughing: We have booked a NIGHT at DVC Grand Californian. Seems that weekdays worth of points for a preferred studio is one night at California:eek: so we went all out and got a two bed-room. The balcony is supposed to over-look California Adventure. We have dinner reservations at Napa Rose Sunday and are taking our best friends as a Christmas treat - plus we have the room! She loves Disney and has been to the Food and Wine fest with us most years. He could never walk into Disney again and be fine!:rotfl2: He's fun and gets into it when he goes, he would just rather backpack through Alaska or climb a mountain!:confused: I say they don't have a bar on top of that mountain, why would I climb it?! :lmao: I will take pictures and post for those who want to see!

Just getting caught up here, WOW, y'all had a blast at the Ditch! Johnny & I stopped in there and loved it, would have been better with some of my crazy DIS buds though.:rotfl:

Next year maybe we will take it over!!!!!:banana:

Day 6 - Yes! We will go to Raglan Road twice this day Thank You!

Jason and I woke up early (still can't believe that one after the wonderful night we had with Jay, Brenda, Sledge and the Ditch:lmao:) and thought we might head out to see something other the Epcot this morning. The heat had not fully returned so we talked and said that Animal Kingdom would be a good choice. I love this park - it's beautiful but we are usually done after a couple hours and never eat here! We have tried to fill the day with things to do long enough to at least get a drink and a snack but as usual by 10:30 we are ready to leave!
WDW2009foodandwine717.jpg

So leaving we throw caution to the wind and say what ever bus comes 1st that is the place we will have lunch or near that area! 1st bus - Port Orleans! Jason has never seen that resort so we go to look around and take the water taxi to Downtown Disney!

WDW2009foodandwine730.jpg

If you have never taken the water taxi to Downtown Disney it is worth it to head over! It's a beautiful trip and you get to see the new Tree Houses. The Captain explained they have had trouble with the tree house gusts because they feel so secluded and leave the curtains open while being in different stages of nakedness! :eek: I looked but saw nothing! :lmao:

When we arrived it was quite and besides T-Rex Cafe you could have had your picks of food places. We head into our personal favorite Raglan Road! We have never had a bad meal here and love the look and feel of the place. We could have been seated but chose to sit at the bar!

Us at the bar!
WDW2009foodandwine733.jpg

Menu
WDW2009foodandwine734.jpg

Me with my Strongbow Cider!:lovestruc
WDW2009foodandwine737.jpg

We decided to Split the Fish and Chips and the Steak Salad!

WDW2009foodandwine740.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine742.jpg

YES! I ate some before the picture was taken! Send me to the Dis police! I way hungry! :goodvibes The steak salad was really good. The meat was tender and the dressing was not over done. We think the Fish and Chips are wonderful and the best on property!

I just like this sign at Raglan Road! :laughing:
WDW2009foodandwine745.jpg

Jason's personal protest to the clubs being closed!
WDW2009foodandwine746.jpg

After lunch we head back to Epcot because we have a Tokyo Dining Class at 2! We arrived at bit early and Jason wanted a snack! I guess his other leg had been emptied! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
No line at Ireland!
• Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache $2.75

WDW2009foodandwine750.jpg

This was fantastic - hot gooey and rich. It looks small but it was loaded with fudgey goodness!

Off to Tokyo Dining Class!
This is one reservation we made and then day of we were like - "well you wanted to do this!" "NO you wanted to do this!" .. so went went not expecting much.

When we arrived we found it was a sushi class and they were doing a Caterpillar Roll. They had it paired with a Pinot Noir.
WDW2009foodandwine752.jpg

I love sushi but it's really something I enjoy having someone else do for me. I knew I wasn't going to leave this class with the "lets get the big expensive knife and make it myself" bug! The other hard part is that I will eat most anything except raw Salmon. I think I have read too much about the risks and even though everyone one around me eats it - I wont. Eye worms are not my friend! :3dglasses:laughing:
So that being said here is the piece our table gets with all the Salmon goodness I wanted! :rotfl2:

WDW2009foodandwine756.jpg

Jason got most of mine. It was beautiful and fresh but again I am my own worst enemy on this one!

After - I wanted a snack since I didn't eat my Sushi!
WDW2009foodandwine765.jpg

• Seared Barramundi with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, Arugula and Lemon Oil $4.50

WDW2009foodandwine769.jpg

This was good but I remembered that I liked the chilled Barramundi better the year before!

Then we spotted something that we had not seen - At the donkey cart it Italy! BOMBOLONI!

WDW2009foodandwine770.jpg

They are Italian Donuts filled with fruit or Nutella - These came in three Nutella, Apricot, and Raspberry

WDW2009foodandwine771.jpg

These were HUGE!!! They couldn't fit them in the same container! All were wonderful but the best was the Nutella or maybe I just like writing Nutella!:rotfl2:

At this point we head back to the room. It was about to rain and we had a bottle of Sparkling Wine we had purchased earlier in the week ready to drink. What better way to enjoy our balcony over looking the bus stop then watching everyone run from the rain with wine in our hands! :rotfl2:

WDW2009foodandwine775.jpg

At this point we get a call from Brenda and Jay - they are in our lobby waiting for X and Y to have a couple drinks and want to know if we want to meet them at Raglan Road or Paradiso 37 for drinks after. Since our room not only comes with a view of the bus but is 15 doors away from the lobby we go and wait with them. In my socks and holding a glass of wine we surprise Jay and Brenda who are "patently waiting for X&Y" to arrive. :lmao: At this point we decided to go with them to Raglan Road and if reservations can be moved, worm our way into there dining plans. When we arrive they tell us it would be an extra 40 minutes so Jason and I take our favorite place at the bar and have dinner! We say we ill meet up with them after they finish getting River-danced!:lmao: We also felt bad because Sledge had a bad hang-over and didn't join us at Raglan Road during the day! He had to come along! :lmao:

Jason and I order drinks
Tucher Hefeweiss and a Murphy's Red
WDW2009foodandwine792.jpg

Sledge! That's my Hefeweiss!
WDW2009foodandwine793.jpg

Then Sledge orders a Bushmills flight!
WDW2009foodandwine801.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine802.jpg

Once Sledge starts he is a party animal. He was flirting with all the girls tap dancing on the tables - He's telling bad jokes - but everyone loves him so all is OK! We knew we better get some food in him before he was way out of hand so we ordered the -
Appetiser D'Lirrah for Two - our Dalkey Battered Sausages, Georges Bank Scallops, Guinness Glazed Ribs, and Chicken Lickin' Skewers $26.00

WDW2009foodandwine803.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine806.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine807.jpg

This was all very tasty. I think the ribs and the Scallops were our favorites!

Then Sledge orders a Guinness!

WDW2009foodandwine816.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine818.jpg

At this point he starts trying to pour his own beer!
WDW2009foodandwine819.jpg

and gets behind the bar!~ BAD DRUNK SKULL THING!:headache:
WDW2009foodandwine820.jpg

Thank goodness Jay and Brenda have finished dinner and want to leave! I think Raglan Road was ready for Sledge to go home!
So we head over to Paradiso 37 for a night cap!

None of us had been in here and all wanted to try it! It was very pretty and besides 4 other tables it was dead.

The Bar
WDW2009foodandwine832.jpg

We grab a table - it was 10:30 and the waiter said they closed at 11! 11??? Not much pleasure in pleasure island left now is there? They did have entertainment - some country singer on a guitar singing "Baby got Back" while all the kids sang along! :eek::rotfl2::eek::rotfl2: I don't know if I should laugh or cry!!!!

I order the house Margarita-
WDW2009foodandwine821.jpg

Now I know I have been at the Ditch all week but these were horrible drinks. I think mine was all sugar. It was just gross! Jason ordered a Irish Coffee - they acted like they had never heard of it and then instead of saying -we don't make those came back with a tumbler of coffee with some brown booze in it! UGH!:headache:

We all picked to split the -
Mini Ice Cream Cones - four waffle cones of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and cookies & cream ice creams, topped with sprinkles $6.99

WDW2009foodandwine824.jpg

They were tiny and the ice cream was nothing special- even Sledge was not thrilled!
WDW2009foodandwine828.jpg

:surfweb: Don't mind me... I'm just back here on page 2 trying to catch up! :thumbsup2

Yay, an update!

Sounds like I can skip Paradiso 37. Bleh. "Baby Got Back"? Seriously? :rotfl2:

I think I want your appetizer tray from Raglan Road as a dinner. And Sledge still freaks me out. ;)

Oh, those Italian donuts looked fabulous. I like Nutella so much, I had a Nutella crepe when I was in Vegas. Mmmm....Nutella.

:surfweb: Don't mind me... I'm just back here on page 2 trying to catch up! :thumbsup2

WELCOME!

Yay, an update!

Sounds like I can skip Paradiso 37. Bleh. "Baby Got Back"? Seriously? :rotfl2:

I think I want your appetizer tray from Raglan Road as a dinner. And Sledge still freaks me out. ;)

Oh, those Italian donuts looked fabulous. I like Nutella so much, I had a Nutella crepe when I was in Vegas. Mmmm....Nutella.
Paradiso was noso! :lmao:

Yes, the Apps at Raglan are so good! and the donuts ...YUMMMM!

I put some food stuff on the Bendy post too!
Have fun on your trip Lori! We will miss you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter