Us, Food, Drink, Friends, and Sledge (Hijack update Disney and Napa Rose 12/16)

That Raglan Road appie looked like it was big enough to have for dinner! And those doughnuts looked delish...but what can go wrong with sugar dusted fried dough and Nutella?

We're Raglan Road junkies too, great burgers and the chowder is too die for!:thumbsup2

I think we'll skip Paradiso as well.:sad2:

We have never had a bad meal at Raglan! I do think people would love the food and drinks! As for Paradiso .. I wont be back soon!

I really wish you hadn't said that about salmon and eye worms. I have a thing about my eyes ... and I don't like worms ... and now I have a really horrifying mental picture that won't go away. I think I'm going to have to order pizza for dinner and wash it down with some boddingtons to erase the horror film behind my eyes. :rotfl2:

Thank goodness you guys came to Raglan Road or our night would have been a bust. We loves you!!! :hug: We even loves Sledge!! :lmao:

I really wish you hadn't said that about salmon and eye worms. I have a thing about my eyes ... and I don't like worms ... and now I have a really horrifying mental picture that won't go away. I think I'm going to have to order pizza for dinner and wash it down with some boddingtons to erase the horror film behind my eyes. :rotfl2:

Thank goodness you guys came to Raglan Road or our night would have been a bust. We loves you!!! :hug: We even loves Sledge!! :lmao:

Sorry Brenda .. I know.. I just can't get the worm thing out of my head ..
Tuna is great though and I love it so.. I go with the Tuna!:dance3:
I'll take a slice and a Boddingtons! :yay:

Poor Jay in drunk Sledge shot sight! If that didn't scare you away .. :)
Sledge is our Christmas Tree Topper till we get our boxes down! The neighbors love us!:rotfl2:

Well, I am back trying to get this finished before I see Santa's boots on my roof! :rotfl2:

The Next day Oct 22nd! - You guessed it we had been away from the food booths too long! Besides we had a Chopin Vodka class - well actually we didn't. This was our only free non-class day and in a boozy haze I thought I remembered that Brenda and Jay had this day booked for Chopin! Turns out I was wrong BUT with a little of that famous Disney Customer service and the fact I was giving up a Saturday class for a Thursday they not only let us switch but Brenda and Jay as well! :banana:

So 1st off to the booths!
Santiago Chile was a booth we had had nothing at yet so ..
WDW2009foodandwine841.jpg

• Rock Shrimp Ceviche $4.75
• Corn and Cheese Arepa $3.00
Sauvignon Blanc $2.50
WDW2009foodandwine844.jpg

The Ceviche was good - not great but good and we really enjoyed the Arepa!

Greece
WDW2009foodandwine845.jpg

• Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki $4.00
WDW2009foodandwine847.jpg

We really liked this and always meant to go back but the line was always long! I remember the wine being to sweet for me and Jason still having it for the next booth!

Back to Canada so Jason could try the salmon!
It was better this year! It still smells like every cat in Florida should come running and it makes me not want to eat anything from Canada -land!:rotfl:
WDW2009foodandwine849.jpg

At this point we get a call from our two favorite food pals Jay and Brenda that things are going on in China-land and to come see -
WDW2009foodandwine853.jpg

Well - we waited and waited and waited and they started talking about a New Adventures Tour so we left! We all wanted to eat and this was talking too long! :rotfl2:

So we all went to Australia
• Grilled Lamb Chop, Red Wine Sauce, Murray River Sea Salt $5.50
• Lamington $3.00

WDW2009foodandwine856.jpg

I can eat those lamp chops all day! It's Meat that comes on it's on Meat Stick! Like classy natural fair food! :rotfl2:

The cake was like a Coconut Zinger and again the sugar boy liked it but it was not his favorite!

Then it's back to Italy so I can get prosecco, Jay and Brenda can try the do-nuts and Jason can get a meat clot :rotfl2:I mean Meatball!

WDW2009foodandwine857.jpg

I tried this because Brenda said it was good for a meatball and it was but it was still a meatball! :lmao:

So then something happened in our conversation - Brenda mentioned that she has always wanted a shot of Aquavit and they sold it at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Princess Lunch but she was sure they wouldn't give her a to go shot. Always up for a challenge especially when it involves booze and princesses :rotfl: Jason thinks he can get her one! :eek: I just shake my head and start betting on the chances! Jason 1st talks to the poor 20 something boy and girl checking in reservations while being slammed by stray strollers and putting up with eye-bleeding noise all while having to wear a form of lederhosen! If I were them I would have taken a backhand to the be-boozer trying to get a to go sippy of booze but some people -people in lederhosen- find Jason charming and convincing. They want to share the local booze or they want to pass him off to the next woman up on the Disney totem poll so they say wait here! :eek:

Jason and Brenda waiting here!
WDW2009foodandwine859.jpg

The mini-manager says they cannot have booze leave the restaurant because of their liquor law but she will see if we can all have a shot if we come in and do it inside!??!!! So all 4 of us stunned booze heads get past the families waiting to be seated and wait for our shots to be served as children are lined up to meet Belle! :scared1:
At this point we wait a few minutes and see her in the back talking to the head manager. She takes one look at us and we finally get the answer I have been expecting all along! NO!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:
Mini manager comes back, very sorry and explains that her manager said we could not just buy booze from them! Well, it makes a good story!:laughing:

Boozy people shot down!
WDW2009foodandwine860.jpg

To recover from our heartbreak we head to the Chopin class! 1st stop - Jay and Brenda give the gift of cheese for the line!
WDW2009foodandwine861.jpg

:lovestruc

WDW2009foodandwine863.jpg

So then the class. It is a marketing person for Chopin! She showed us a film on
why Chopin is better because it's made from potatoes and not grain like most vodkas and then tell about the "perfect martini" and they show how to make it. It is all full of yummy blue cheese stuffed olives and my little olive and cheese and booze loving heart gets a flutter! Then when the film is done she explains she didn't want to make us drunk so we were not getting that martini - we were getting a strawberry balsamic martini?!

WDW2009foodandwine862.jpg

So - don't want us drink but we still get two 1/2 shots of vodka and a vodka martini?! Last time I checked strawberry juice wasn't the all powerful OZ that stopped the effects of alcohol, so why show us how to make one and then give us another??? :confused3

The half shots were - Grey Goose (which is what I have usually) and Chopin. I have to say being able to taste them side by side the Chopin was a smoother and better tasting vodka! I am convinced! The martini was too sweet and I just dumped my Grey Goose into it to make it taste better! :laughing:

I know these two!
WDW2009foodandwine864.jpg

Here is a shot of Bud! I love me some Bud and I always am scared until I see him! He has to be at the festival or it wouldn't be right!
WDW2009foodandwine865.jpg

At this point we walk Jason and Brenda back to the Beach Club and they get a picture with a friend before taking off to have dinner with family!
WDW2009foodandwine868.jpg

Jason and Brenda gave us a bottle of Vodka to try that they like but Sledge was a pig and just slammed it back outside in the bushes! :mad:

WDW2009foodandwine869.jpg

After we took him back to the Boardwalk pool and he has a Bloody Mary before we put him to bed for a bit!
WDW2009foodandwine871.jpg

My girlfriend who lives in England was getting in this night and we had an opportunity to have dinner with her and her kids before they took off on a cruise! She wanted to eat at Kimonos and we love it so.. 5:30 we headed on over!

I don't have many pictures of the night but do have some food!

Ginger salad
WDW2009foodandwine890.jpg

Mixed sushi plate
WDW2009foodandwine892.jpg

Free dessert because they saw our Anniversary Button!
It was a pumpkin something! - sorry we let Jason and the kids have it! ;)
WDW2009foodandwine897.jpg

Kimono's never disappoints! The sushi was so good I could have eaten twice what we ordered! Wish I had some now! Plus you get 20% off with your DVC card!

Last picture of the day!
WDW2009foodandwine932.jpg

Loved all the updates ... great memories! :hug:

You forgot to mention that we were sort of hiding from X&Y this day. In all fairness we'd left Boma and our guests because the Crohn goblin was making me feel really icky. We were walking through Epcot and I started to feel better ... was it the gentle exercise or the sweet aroma of that special food 'n' booze scented air that Epcot pumps through the World Showcase? We'll never know. :rolleyes1

All I can say is that I started to feel better and better and the next thing I knew we were begging for aquavit in Norway.

Why didn't you share your backstage troll idea with everyone, Chelsi? That still has the power to bring me to helpless laughter tears ... in fact ... I'm laughing right now. :rotfl2:

Were you going to post anything from the Crew's Cup Lounge? And the Dance Hall?

Oh, and I snorted coffee when I saw the picture of Sledge in the grass with that mini bottle of Cirroc. What did you ... er, I mean he ... what did he think of it? :laughing:

Were you going to post anything from the Crew's Cup Lounge? And the Dance Hall?

Oh, and I snorted coffee when I saw the picture of Sledge in the grass with that mini bottle of Cirroc. What did you ... er, I mean he ... what did he think of it? :laughing:

1st.. just got our electricity back on -total power out for the area and no reason!

Umm I don't have a picture from that night that would hold a story together!

and He LOVED it!;)

1st.. just got our electricity back on -total power out for the area and no reason!

Umm I don't have a picture from that night that would hold a story together!

and He LOVED it!;)

I hate it when the power goes out for no reason at all ... actually around here our satellite dish likes to black out on perfectly cloudless, beautiful days. :confused3

Good point ... I don't think our pictures from that night tell a coherent story either. :lmao:

I am glad to know that Sledge enjoyed the cirroc ... it's good on its own and it makes a mean martini!

I hate it when the power goes out for no reason at all ... actually around here our satellite dish likes to black out on perfectly cloudless, beautiful days. :confused3

Good point ... I don't think our pictures from that night tell a coherent story either. :lmao:

I am glad to know that Sledge enjoyed the cirroc ... it's good on its own and it makes a mean martini!

It was a Great Martini!

Well - It's funny - today was beautiful and 65. We have been having big winds and rain and more tonight till Sunday but CLEAR out right now and the power goes BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

65 degrees? :cloud9:

We never made it past the freezing mark today and it was clear and sunny. :sad2: Oh well, that's what happens in these stinky, less temperate zones. I will say that six to eight weeks out of the year we have really lovely weather. :lmao:

65 degrees? :cloud9:

We never made it past the freezing mark today and it was clear and sunny. :sad2: Oh well, that's what happens in these stinky, less temperate zones. I will say that six to eight weeks out of the year we have really lovely weather. :lmao:

I know! We are lucky! That's why all the tents are in my backyard!:rotfl2:

I know! We are lucky! That's why all the tents are in my backyard!:rotfl2:

Well, I think we'd like to reserve one for February. :flower3:

Glad your power came back on ... I hate losing power at night 'cuz I'm sceeered of the dark. :eek:

I'm working on a quick (for me) update of my birthday breakfast ... I wonder if I can actually manage to get it posted before I go to bed tonight?

BTW ... I am sooo looking forward to your next PFTS review. Isn't that the one where you guys got to party down with CDtommie and his wife? :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter