Us, Food, Drink, Friends, and Sledge (Hijack update Disney and Napa Rose 12/16)

Hi Chelsi!

Just signing on. Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews, especially the ones related to the Ditch. That picture of Jason is hilarious!:rotfl::rotfl:

Hi Chelsi!

Just signing on. Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews, especially the ones related to the Ditch. That picture of Jason is hilarious!:rotfl::rotfl:

I am so happy your here! I will post more tomorrow - tonight was a night of computer recovery and nacho hats! All is good in my world!:rotfl2:

Better late than never! I am so in here! :goodvibes Great food pics and reviews! Keep 'em coming! ;)

Chelsi, I noticed in the pictures of you standing next to the menu board from each country, and you have taken the Brenda (bendy) pose. You are missing a leg on many of them. Ha Ha!
I liked your comment about China's pancake - eraser - that's a good description.
Keep up with the report -the whole trip report this year.
It was nice to see both of you again this year, and maybe next year at Disneyland's festival.
Karen

Better late than never! I am so in here! :goodvibes Great food pics and reviews! Keep 'em coming! ;)

Thanks for coming along! :thumbsup2

Chelsi, I noticed in the pictures of you standing next to the menu board from each country, and you have taken the Brenda (bendy) pose. You are missing a leg on many of them. Ha Ha!
I liked your comment about China's pancake - eraser - that's a good description.
Keep up with the report -the whole trip report this year.
It was nice to see both of you again this year, and maybe next year at Disneyland's festival.
Karen

Hi Karen! Yes I did do that - it's my hurry up and take a picture so I can get food pose! :rotfl2:
Hope you come out this year for Disneyland! Should be good - let us know if you do!:yay:

OK! On with the day!
We headed over to the Festival Center for back to back culinery demos. We booked the Todd English at because as much as we enjoy drinks and apps at Blue Zoo we didn't think the price of the signature dinner was worth it for us. After reading and hearing a lot of reviews of it, I know we made the right choice!

Tickets for the demo!
WDW2009foodandwine128.jpg

We were told when we picked up he tickets to arrive and get in line at least 1/2 hour a head of time. Since we didn't feel the need to see how orange his fake tan was going to be up close and person :rotfl2:,we got in line 15 minutes before. Lots of people a head of us and lots behind. Not a bad seat in the house in my opinion and they do have TV screens if you need them!

Menu -
WDW2009foodandwine130.jpg

Four Story Hill Farm Dry Aged Beef with Anson Mills Corn Polenta, Seasonal Mushroom Ragout and Swiss Chard. Served with Figge Cellers Syrah.

We were seated 2nd section back. Great view and we happend to be next to-
Lori and the only person I know who I know who can rock a "soylet green" t-shirt!:thumbsup2
WDW2009foodandwine132.jpg

Mr. Figge came out at discussed his wine and the sample came out - We were told to take a sip and save some for the food. No I didn't take a picture because I was scared the wine would evaporate with the flash there was so little! For $5 I didn't expect a glass of wine or even a 1/2. When we go to wine country and do tasting I know what you receive but this was in a cup the size of an ant jacuzzi. It got more embarrassing when Todd English came out and was making fun of the amount poured -bad!:sad2: It was a very nice wine and Mr. Figge(-pudding:lmao: )was a good speaker.

Then Pam started to gush and you knew who was about to arrive - Yes, direct from a two hour selling spree on QVC - TODD ENGLISH!

WDW2009foodandwine135.jpg

He was like a game show host and almost as bronze as George Hamilton!:rotfl2:
We talked a lot about the meat and mushrooms which I remember nothing of because of someone - :rolleyes1 who made me laugh all the way through!
Finally we got to eat -
WDW2009foodandwine141.jpg

The food was wonderful, big sample and the wine did work well with it!

Here is Todd, Pam, and Figge taking questions at the end!
WDW2009foodandwine144.jpg

All and all it was a lot of fun and worth $5 or even $8 if we would not have had the early ticket price for TIW!

After he was signing his book and had maybe 5 people in line. They told us he was more then happy to sign our menus also so we went a head and did that because I didn't want his book! He wasn't as happy that I was just getting the menu signed but oh well! :rotfl:

WDW2009foodandwine149.jpg

So after a few minute break and talking with a bunch of Dis-folk we had to get back in line for Donald Link. He is the chef from Couchon and Herbsaint in New Orleans.

Back in line!
WDW2009foodandwine153.jpg

Menu
Chicken Piquant with a Barbie glass of Moet Chandon Rose!
WDW2009foodandwine154.jpg

We again had a nice talk about from the wine distributer for Moet this time and he talked about how Americans see sparkling wine as a special occasion wine and we should be drinking it more often. As he said this I thought - well, send me a case or two and I'd be happy to promote that attitude at my house! :lmao:

Then Pam introduced Chef Link.
WDW2009foodandwine157.jpg

He was much more soft spoken then Todd English and HE ACTUALLY COOKED! :scared1::lmao: He showed us how to cut up a chicken and it was amazing to see someone skilled able to disassemble a bird in a minute. After he went on to talk about home cooking in New Orleans. Jason and I enjoyed him very much!
Now the food!
Chicken Piquant!
WDW2009foodandwine159.jpg

This was SO good. Right amount of spice and the most amazing thing, He made the chicken taste like pork! I tend to bag on chicken more then I should. I like it but it's week day food, I make chicken 10,000 ways during the week. It's easy, cheap and alright. This was GREAT! It was so great that we purchased the cookbook and we made it on Halloween! It was EASY and Wonderful.

WDW2009foodandwine164.jpg

With very full stomachs we went back to check into our new room and rest for dinner. Flying Fish next! :dance3:

Just catching up ... great start!

Glad your demos were good - we enjoyed ours as well

Also, your Koussina breakfast looked a lot better than our dinner there ;)

lastly, that picture from The Ditch makes me regret going there so early in the day - there were nigh shenanigans going on at that time ... just Tequila right as it hit noon :lmao:

Hey there! I somehow missed Bendy' pimping of your review. :upsidedow

Love the "with" drink pics at each menu! Jason's hat!!! :eek: I'm so sorry we did not get to meet that side of Jason! :laughing:

I'm still sad we missed all the fun in the back for those 2 demos! :sad1:They snuck DBob & his chair around to the front, but we did get to see the fake tan up close & personal. ;)

figge pudding ... snort. :lmao:

ant jacuzzi ... giggle. :rotfl:

Soylent Green ... now with more girls! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yum :goodvibes but a thimble of wine just doesn't cut it :sad2:

Yes, we were talking about it again. It was just sad!

Just catching up ... great start!

Glad your demos were good - we enjoyed ours as well

Also, your Koussina breakfast looked a lot better than our dinner there ;)

lastly, that picture from The Ditch makes me regret going there so early in the day - there were nigh shenanigans going on at that time ... just Tequila right as it hit noon :lmao:

Next time we will have a DIS meet in the Ditch - it might just close the place! :rotfl2:
Hey there! I somehow missed Bendy' pimping of your review. :upsidedow

Love the "with" drink pics at each menu! Jason's hat!!! :eek: I'm so sorry we did not get to meet that side of Jason! :laughing:

I'm still sad we missed all the fun in the back for those 2 demos! :sad1:They snuck DBob & his chair around to the front, but we did get to see the fake tan up close & personal. ;)

I am hoping you get the chance to see that side of Jason! He is a big goof ball tequila or not!
:goodvibes
I am sorry you and Bob were that close to the TAN! It was blinding!:lmao:

figge pudding ... snort. :lmao:

ant jacuzzi ... giggle. :rotfl:

Soylent Green ... now with more girls! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:dance3:

I am hoping you get the chance to see that side of Jason! He is a big goof ball tequila or not!
:goodvibes
I am sorry you and Bob were that close to the TAN! It was blinding!:lmao:
:dance3:

I'm glad to hear it won't take tequila for Jason to be goofy! Tequila doesn't pair well with boiled crawfish! :laughing:

I have to admit I did find Toddy quite charming even with the eerie orangy glow! :guilty: Although he was much less than charming for the signature dinner.

It's neat that he you got him to sign your menu, I wasn't buying the book just for his signature!

We were seated up front with a young gentleman who was much more excited than all the gals to see the Todd in person! He did have a neat idea, he has a chef's coat that he gets signed by the celeb chefs. He was literally giddy, because he had a saved the front chest portion for Todd to sign! Even though he had 2 of his books at home, he purchased another to be assured of getting his hearthrob's sigge!

Ok! After a clean up Jason and I went to our ADR for Flying Fish - yes, folks we can still eat!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We arrived when they opened and had a great table near the kitchen and bar. It never got packed that night and the service was wonderful!

WDW2009foodandwine167.jpg

We tried the Sparkling Wine flight -$20.00

Iron Horse Brut Rose -Sonoma

Moet White Star -France

Lucien Albrecht Brut- France -Alsace

WDW2009foodandwine168.jpg

I liked them all but I love sparkling roses so the Iron Rose was my favorite!

Then the chef brought over an amuse. He acted like he had remembered us from the year before and we have visited Flying Fish many times but I think
we were being confused with someone else. He was very sweet and it was fun talking to him! The amuse was a potato pancake with smoked salmon and yummy fishy eggs!
WDW2009foodandwine169.jpg

Since we had eaten all day we split everything, which is normal for us!:lmao:

We started with Our Chef's Special Thunder Appetizer: Spicy Tuna Roll $14.00

WDW2009foodandwine170.jpg

It was good, not spicy but good!

Then we got - Fresh Mozzarella di Bufala, Yellow Beefsteak and Tiny Grape Tomatoes - Radicchio, Balsamico Syrup, Exotic Peppercorns, tiny basil, and Sicilian Olio Verde $15.00

WDW2009foodandwine173.jpg

We love this - the tomatoes taste like they do when you grow them yourself and the cheese is SO YUMMY!

For dinner we chose the Oak-grilled Hand-harvested Maine Scallops -- Pumpkin and Mascarpone-laced Risotto di Carnarolli, Prosciutto di Parma Cracklins $36.00

WDW2009foodandwine174.jpg

Then we had cappuccinos and split the Banana Napoleon with Mascarpone Cheese and Caramel!
WDW2009foodandwine177.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine180.jpg

This was AMAZING! Not too sweet and super crunchy! I wish I had it right now!

WOW! We ate a lot and that is only the 1st day! :eek: We did meet Jay and Brenda for a drink this night but having such a good time we forgot to take a picture!
More to come! Thanks for reading!

I'm glad to hear it won't take tequila for Jason to be goofy! Tequila doesn't pair well with boiled crawfish! :laughing:

I have to admit I did find Toddy quite charming even with the eerie orangy glow! :guilty: Although he was much less than charming for the signature dinner.

It's neat that he you got him to sign your menu, I wasn't buying the book just for his signature!

We were seated up front with a young gentleman who was much more excited than all the gals to see the Todd in person! He did have a neat idea, he has a chef's coat that he gets signed by the celeb chefs. He was literally giddy, because he had a saved the front chest portion for Todd to sign! Even though he had 2 of his books at home, he purchased another to be assured of getting his hearthrob's sigge!

That is a cool idea with the coat! He is charming and I see why people like him - he's a handsome man and he can work a room! I would have loved to talk to the young man who was there to see Chef Todd. I love when people are excited and get to meet people they have looked up to. I have been the crazy fan before (CRAZY) so I think it makes me feel normal! :rotfl2:

OK! So after my Kouzinna breakfast it was time to head into Epcot and see the festival center! I love the festival center!! The air conditioning is always perfect, the bathrooms are clean and quiet and I can get a glass of wine at 9am! Sweet wonder that it Disney Food and Wine Festival!

WDW2009foodandwine056.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine057.jpg

A glass of prosecco and a box of popcorn is my usual Disney breakfast, but we had already eaten so no need for all those carbs! :rotfl2:

WDW2009foodandwine062.jpg

Wine in hand we picked up our class tickets for the day from the Disney mis-information station (thank you Brenda!) and headed out to do some rides until the Rope Drop of the Food Booths! :yay:

Just curious we were at WDW during Food and Wine but only did a few stations in Epcot as we have young children- next year we are thinking of going for a long just adults weekend- where is the festival center in Epcot- we probably walked right by it- thanks!

Just curious we were at WDW during Food and Wine but only did a few stations in Epcot as we have young children- next year we are thinking of going for a long just adults weekend- where is the festival center in Epcot- we probably walked right by it- thanks!

It's in the old Wonders of Life pavilion between Universe of Energy and Space!

Have fun next year!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter