Use Year Help Needed!

MsLady

Missing my laughing place!
Hi!
I am looking to purchase a small contract. I am a teacher who will more than likely travel to Disney over summer break or during a long holiday break. I am curious what use year would be best for me?

Thanks!

UY really is only important if you need to cancel. With summer travel most likely, I would go for a June UY. That way if you must cancel, you have many months to try in reuse the points, or bank them.

Hi!
I am looking to purchase a small contract. I am a teacher who will more than likely travel to Disney over summer break or during a long holiday break. I am curious what use year would be best for me?

Thanks!
I personally think UY is very important and where it doesn't work for an individual, they are taking more inherent risk owning/using. You want a UY that's as close to the time one normally travels as possible. For summer (June or after), that's June or if one might routinely start in late May, possibly April. If it's normally Christmas +/- Spring break, it's Dec. For mostly spring break +/- summer, it's normally March. If one is all over the place for spring break, summer and Christmas then is matters less though it still matters, those trips that are poorly timed will have more risk. Personally I think the UY is more important than the price (within range) or loaded vs stripped for many.

Hi!
Thanks!

your UY has nothing to do with when you call to book - UY represents your new calendar for keeping track of using points for the dates that you stay.

if you mostly go to wdw in jun/july/august, then june is your best UY. ideally, you would mostly travel early in your UY. and june 1 is the start of the june UY.

if you never go to wdw in march/april/may, then june is still your best UY - you never want to travel in the last 3 months of your UY.

I am a teacher and when I bought, I went with a June UY. It really works well for my summer and fall travel. Since then, I realized that I like to vacation during Memorial Day as well...not yearly, but every few and June UY would not be a good one. So, I ended up adding on points with a Dec UY. It's two memberships, so takes some juggling, but no big deal.

This always works for my spring and summer travel so I find that either works out well!

The correct UY is free insurance, nothing more. Currently you have 8 months from the start of your UY to bank your unused points, (DVC changed the rules a few years ago). When and if you need to cancel a reservation you can bank those points and not worry about losing them at the end of your UY.

:earsboy: Bill

The correct UY is free insurance, nothing more. Currently you have 8 months from the start of your UY to bank your unused points, (DVC changed the rules a few years ago). When and if you need to cancel a reservation you can bank those points and not worry about losing them at the end of your UY.

:earsboy: Bill
I look at it in reverse but regardless where there isn't a good UY or one doesn't have a good UY, those people are taking inherently more risk and effectively paying more long term. How much risk and/or cost depends on other factors related to their personal situation and planning skills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter