Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember the hovercraft they had at the poly for a SHORT time ?..........D

Best guess it was there in the mid 90's. we were doing a fishing tour and the guide said it was a trial thing. it looked like a huge silver covered rubber raft with a cockpit. next year that same guide said people were running over the water mice, some one might get killed and it didn't last long..

Best guess it was there in the mid 90's. we were doing a fishing tour and the guide said it was a trial thing. it looked like a huge silver covered rubber raft with a cockpit. next year that same guide said people were running over the water mice, some one might get killed and it didn't last long..

Can you say "LAW SUIT" !

I remember these silly water bike things that they had at FW during one trip. They were testing them out as rental items down at the marina. They let us use them free, just to get our opinion. They were HARD!! It basically looked like a bicycle on a pontoon. You would sit (after trying to balance) and pedal to make a rotor go around. It took many, many tries to even get balanced enough to pedal!

Yeah....they didn't last long. :lmao:

Ok - completely off topic, but I borrowed a CD from a friend of mine - Buddy Guy, "Buddy's Baddest" - and I just heard his version of Mustang Sally for the first time. WOW. I have Wilson Pickett's version as well, and now I don't know which one I like better. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

:cool1: 2 more days until we head out for Panama City Beach :cool1:

We've spent the last week getting everything together. We had to get an oil change, get air in the tires, have a chip in the windshield repaired, and of course restock all the batteries, cleaning supplies, first aid stuff and toiletries. Tomorrow I have to load up the food and clothes and we are all set. We are pulling out on Thursday morning and staying the first night in Bowling Green KY, and 2nd night in Ozark, AL. We should be pulling into the PCB campground by noon on Saturday. :) :)

I remember these silly water bike things that they had at FW during one trip. They were testing them out as rental items down at the marina. They let us use them free, just to get our opinion. They were HARD!! It basically looked like a bicycle on a pontoon. You would sit (after trying to balance) and pedal to make a rotor go around. It took many, many tries to even get balanced enough to pedal!

Yeah....they didn't last long. :lmao:

if we wanted to work at something we would stay home :confused: love your puppy ...........Denise

:cool1: 2 more days until we head out for Panama City Beach :cool1:

We've spent the last week getting everything together. We had to get an oil change, get air in the tires, have a chip in the windshield repaired, and of course restock all the batteries, cleaning supplies, first aid stuff and toiletries. Tomorrow I have to load up the food and clothes and we are all set. We are pulling out on Thursday morning and staying the first night in Bowling Green KY, and 2nd night in Ozark, AL. We should be pulling into the PCB campground by noon on Saturday. :) :)

I don't know if you have time but there is a camping world clearance store in B/ Green. follow the signs for Beechbend amusement park you can't miss it....Denise

Just found this site where some guy put up some old WDW 1974 pictures....

http://www.jetsetenterprises.com/cruise/WDW 1974 Photos.htm

Check out this one of the marina at FW in 1974 (when I was a kid we used to rent those sailboats all the time!!!)

WDW74-062%20SAILBOATS%20BEACH.jpg

My dad rented one every trip until they took them away.

I don't know if you have time but there is a camping world clearance store in B/ Green. follow the signs for Beechbend amusement park you can't miss it....Denise

Good thing Chad doesn't read this board....he could spend all of our vacation money at Camping World with NO problem, lol !!

My dad rented one every trip until they took them away.

I've never been on a sailboat. The local campground we have a membership at rents ones about that size. Maybe I will give it a try this summer. :goodvibes

I've never been on a sailboat. The local campground we have a membership at rents ones about that size. Maybe I will give it a try this summer. :goodvibes

It was alot of fun. Its one of those kid memories you never forget.:)

If any of you watch Jericho, tonight is the SERIES finale. CBS decided not to pick it up again next season. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter