Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
geeze don't any of you guys like a good beer???? I was born in Germany so I can't stand the taste of a light/pale beer like the ones you GUYS keep mentioning...and The Irish in me says...Bring on the Guniness, Stout, something with some body to it!!!!!!!!

ok while we are off topic for this entire thread...can anyone tell me why Elmo can't be found at WDW with the rest of the muppets????

He's out drinking beer I guess. Didn't you read my post where I said I liked Bitburger? I also brew a great dark beer and have made an Irish stout once or twice.

Stacktester is alright in my book......

As for the stouts and the like, I guess I have cheap tastes.....

well then have a root beer on me...i prefer it to the pale ones...never heard/tried bitburger....nice to see a GOOD beer mentioned!! CHEERS!...PS I have rolling rock stored in my cooler for a wedding next Sat...I might just try one...can always get a chicken drunk on it if I don't like it can't I????

well then have a root beer on me...i prefer it to the pale ones...never heard/tried bitburger....nice to see a GOOD beer mentioned!! CHEERS!...PS I have rolling rock stored in my cooler for a wedding next Sat...I might just try one...can always get a chicken drunk on it if I don't like it can't I????

I have a good friend who I call a "beer snob" He only drinks Guiness. I love a good dark beer, just dont need the extra calories and such so I compromise and drink Bud select most of the time. I cant recall the last time I was at Epcot and didnt have at least one black and tan. Other than "Hamms" I cant recall any beer I didnt enjoy to some degree.

Scott

beer snob...interesting...I don't think of myself that way and sorry if I came off sounding that way lol ...i don't drink very often and only drink one beer usually when I do...i just don't like the flavor the lighter beers have ...

beer snob...interesting...I don't think of myself that way and sorry if I came off sounding that way lol ...i don't drink very often and only drink one beer usually when I do...i just don't like the flavor the lighter beers have ...

No.... Sorry.... I wasnt suggesting that you were, He is a very good friend and we harass each other with things like that. If you have ever known any career firemen and they way they interact it would put the comment into context. I should have been clearer when I made that comment.

Scott

He's out drinking beer I guess. Didn't you read my post where I said I liked Bitburger? I also brew a great dark beer and have made an Irish stout once or twice.

I used to brew a great dark beer too! After I was out of college and settled down, I gave up the brewing and gave all my equipment to my brother. I even had my own label "Southern Suds" and the redneck in me had the Confederate flag as the logo :rolleyes1 I bottled it, capped them, and gave them to friends and family. They all loved it. I never patented it but I should have. It took me a while to create the perfect recipe. I gave that to my brother too :rolleyes: . But now I only drink the lite stuff.

Oh, I was able to snag the Miller Chill this weekend. I actually like it. I looked at the nutritional label on their site and basically it's a Miller Lite with a hint of salt and lime. I've always been a fan of Corona with lime and this is a good alternative.

I don't like light or pale beers either. I'm German, and I'll take a good strong dark beer any day!! :goodvibes

As far as Elmo goes....I think the only Muppets at WDW are the ones from the Muppet movie. Elmo hasn't been around long enough to come from the Muppet movie. That's just my guess...whatever it's worth. lol

I used to brew a great dark beer too! After I was out of college and settled down, I gave up the brewing and gave all my equipment to my brother. I even had my own label "Southern Suds" and the redneck in me had the Confederate flag as the logo :rolleyes1 I bottled it, capped them, and gave them to friends and family. They all loved it. I never patented it but I should have. It took me a while to create the perfect recipe. I gave that to my brother too :rolleyes: . But now I only drink the lite stuff.

Oh, I was able to snag the Miller Chill this weekend. I actually like it. I looked at the nutritional label on their site and basically it's a Miller Lite with a hint of salt and lime. I've always been a fan of Corona with lime and this is a good alternative.

Whatever happened to the Man laws that were established by Miller ?
I know there was one that said "no fruiting of the beer"

Aha! but if you notice the poster's name "tentcampingMOM" it appears that by being a MOM, therefore a woman, she is exempt from Man-law, and can have as much fruit in her beer as she likes. ;)

As for myself, I'd much rather have a fruity, slushy drink myself. I don't care for beer at all. I've heard there are some good adult slushies in Epcot France. Any experience with those?

Aha! but if you notice the poster's name "tentcampingMOM" it appears that by being a MOM, therefore a woman, she is exempt from Man-law, and can have as much fruit in her beer as she likes. ;)

As for myself, I'd much rather have a fruity, slushy drink myself. I don't care for beer at all. I've heard there are some good adult slushies in Epcot France. Any experience with those?

Kungaloosh?

Ya know, we agreed on a lot of stuff but you keep bringing up the "Miller Lite" and the "white castles"
I might just have to throw you under the bus and be nice to stacktester. :lmao:

Scott's just jealous because I was at the fort longer than him plus I got to hang out with MrsGus and Miss Sundee. BTW Scott if I can get in touch with Mrs Gus my daughter wants to go live with her for a few days while I'm in Cocoa. That poor girl is a modern day Mother Hubbard :lmao: :rotfl2: . She has a spell over kids. It's called let's live at the fort for 2 months.

whew, I thought I started some sort of feud, and there would be a big pillow fight or something at the Fort due to me......

I'd be jealous too, if I didn't get to go to the fort as much as you do.....:banana:

Ya know, we agreed on a lot of stuff but you keep bringing up the "Miller Lite" and the "white castles"
I might just have to throw you under the bus and be nice to stacktester. :lmao:

Scott's just jealous because I was at the fort longer than him plus I got to hang out with MrsGus and Miss Sundee. BTW Scott if I can get in touch with Mrs Gus my daughter wants to go live with her for a few days while I'm in Cocoa. That poor girl is a modern day Mother Hubbard :lmao: :rotfl2: . She has a spell over kids. It's called let's live at the fort for 2 months.

We came really close to trading one of our teenage boys for one of her girls.
We probably could have left one of them there and it would have taken days before they figured out he wasnt one of theirs.
We went camping last week for a few nights and talked about if we lived as close as you do we would be at FW all the time. :thumbsup2

whew, I thought I started some sort of feud, and there would be a big pillow fight or something at the Fort due to me......

I'd be jealous too, if I didn't get to go to the fort as much as you do.....:banana:

Stop by over Christmas and I will grill you a GOOD burger and buy you a GOOD beer :lmao:

All I have to do is find out which site MrsGus has them putting us on.

Scott

i can't go at christmas, there's too many out of towners gonna be there, lol.

Our next scheduled trip is our annual Thanksgiving trip. Do you think we can hold out that long? NOT!!!!!!

I gotta get back soon. Maybe we'll see about a MNSSHP trip or something in Sept.

That was funny about leaving your son. MrsGus and her family are really nice people. My daughter loved being with her kids. She asks daily if we're going to go back before they go home lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter