Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1goofy1 Cute greyhound! I had a friend several years ago adopt one. They said it was a really good dog. This last Christmas they had a Greyhound club in our Christmas Parade. I have a client that has several and she say's they make really good dogs.

Colson talking about bartenders my DH use to love going to Crockets Travern when the red head Bartenter was there. She's not there anymore but she was there for a long time.. I think I will try Captain Jacks next time!

Just so everyone knows, Captain Jacks has always been Captain Jacks. I wasn't kidding when I said it's one of Disney's oldest establishments, the bartenders alone are proof enough.

If you want to be a part of "original" Disney, you can't go wrong. This is a place that has never changed, still serves almost the same food, and still has some of the best bartenders out there. When I was a kid, my parents actually had sailor figures from Captain Jacks back when they used to sell them, it's always remained true to it's roots.

Grumpy, Crocket's has had some great bartenders but they don't compare to what goes on at Captain Jacks. I'm talking about people that have been there for decades, which is almost unheard of in Disney. We have had some favorites at Crockett's, but lately, it seems that the turnover has been faster than what we hoped. None of our favorites from Crockett's are still there, while at Captain Jacks, they never seem to leave.

Crockett's has great memories for us, but when it comes to longevity, I don't think there is anywhere in Disney that compares to Captain Jacks.

Note: Captain Jacks gets quite a few negative reviews, but you have to go in there with an open mind. I admit, as for food there are better places in Disney. But for atmposhere, you aren't going to do much better. I HIGHLY suggest going to get your meal at the bar as compared to one of the tables. Not only will you have some great service, you're guaranteed to have a great view and to have good times. The bartenders love to be personal, I've never had a bad time there!!

Cute dog 1goofy1. We just got a dachshund for christmas. He's the spawn of satan. so i hope yours is better. He's grey and looks like a weimaraner so we call him our weimar weiner.

paid $200 for this dog. first trip to the vet cost me $386 to keep him alive. His insides were falling out. Now i'm thinking maybe i should have kept my money. Now I do have a pit bull/ dalmation mix that i love. He thinks he's a lap dog.

I love my Dalmatian!! He will be with us at the fort this year!! woo hoo I can't wait!! He is also a lap dog!!

Jacksfirstday1.jpg

I don't *hate* my new dog, but there are times when I wonder what the heck I was thinking !! She is an almost 5 month old miniature schnauzer who has the WORST gas ever !! She can clear a room, no kidding. She also still has accidents in the house every now and then. Grrrr. I keep telling myself she's just a puppy and this stage will pass. I feel like we have a BABY in the house again :headache:

I love my Dalmatian!! He will be with us at the fort this year!! woo hoo I can't wait!! He is also a lap dog!!

What a cute *lap* dog, lol !! These are mine...

IMG_4261.jpg

Mitzi is the puppy, Finnegan is the *good* dog, lol !! ;)

I know this is supposed to be "Chit Chat" so forgive me. Only I don't want to get in trouble for an off topic post...So, I'll make it quick.;)
My husband Bob:lovestruc (see handsome smiling man in my signature photo.) He is going to have some surgery tomorrow. While we've known about it for about a month or so..we are really nervous. Basically his stomach is in his chest and they need to bring it back down..to where a stomach belongs! Long story short..there have been some other complications that were discovered while preparing for this surgery..and we have reason to be concerned. I'm worried..okay:rolleyes1 ..I'm scared. Without boring you(which I've probably done by now..sorry:sad2: ) there are reasons for my apprehension..hospitals/surgeries have not always been kind to us..and my fear level is starting to kick into high tonight. Trying not to show it..being strong and all that. Anyway, I've come to enjoying chating here with all of you. You're a crazy... but kind hearted bunch.;) Even the grumpy guys out there..and you know who you are! In any case, if you wouldn't mind keeping my Bob in mind..or if in your prayers if you are so inclined, I'd really appreciate it. He's just a hardworking guy who breaks his butt for his family and enjoys the simple things. He knows what's important. His favorite saying is "This is the life!"..and it's usually while enjoying little things that most people take for granted.

Okay..don't want to suck the life out of this thread..I know you guys wanna get to at least 1000 tonight!:thumbsup2

if you wouldn't mind keeping my Bob in mind..or if in your prayers if you are so inclined, I'd really appreciate it.

You got it Phyllis:hug: Make sure you give us an update tomorrow night !!

Just so everyone knows, Captain Jacks has always been Captain Jacks. I wasn't kidding when I said it's one of Disney's oldest establishments, the bartenders alone are proof enough.

If you want to be a part of "original" Disney, you can't go wrong. This is a place that has never changed, still serves almost the same food, and still has some of the best bartenders out there. When I was a kid, my parents actually had sailor figures from Captain Jacks back when they used to sell them, it's always remained true to it's roots.

Grumpy, Crocket's has had some great bartenders but they don't compare to what goes on at Captain Jacks. I'm talking about people that have been there for decades, which is almost unheard of in Disney. We have had some favorites at Crockett's, but lately, it seems that the turnover has been faster than what we hoped. None of our favorites from Crockett's are still there, while at Captain Jacks, they never seem to leave.

Crockett's has great memories for us, but when it comes to longevity, I don't think there is anywhere in Disney that compares to Captain Jacks.

Note: Captain Jacks gets quite a few negative reviews, but you have to go in there with an open mind. I admit, as for food there are better places in Disney. But for atmposhere, you aren't going to do much better. I HIGHLY suggest going to get your meal at the bar as compared to one of the tables. Not only will you have some great service, you're guaranteed to have a great view and to have good times. The bartenders love to be personal, I've never had a bad time there!!

The problem is that they have changed Crockett's to much over the years. But I am not one for change.

I feel your pain. Pete (the pup) will be staying with our friend (a dog trainer) while we are at the Fort. We're hoping she has him whipped into an angel by the time we get back. Not holding my breath though. He doesn't have accidents he's a biter. We think maybe we were hurting him before we knew his intestines were falling out.

Phyllis and Bob, we may be a bunch of grumpy jerks sometimes, but you can count on us. We will be thinking of you and saying a prayer.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Auntie(I like calling you Auntie)...Im sending a special one to those who watch out for us. You're doing a great job hiding your emotions, knock that off, it'll drive ya nuts...gotta let it out. I really hope it all works itself out...Im no fan of modern medicine either, but sometimes thats all we have...that and a little faith in a greater power. I truelly pray for the best for Bob, and you try to keep calm...I know we sometimes expect the worst while hoping for the best, and that can give a person a nervous breakdown, so BREATHE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter