Using mugs in TS?

I doubt most restaurants (not just Disney) will let you bring in your own food/beverages partly for sanitary reasons. Even if you bring an empty Disney mug, they are probably going to bring you water in a clean glass rather then filling something you brough with you.

I doubt most restaurants (not just Disney) will let you bring in your own food/beverages partly for sanitary reasons. Even if you bring an empty Disney mug, they are probably going to bring you water in a clean glass rather then filling something you brough with you.
Not just sanitary, but financial too. If I bring a good bottle of wine to a restaurant, I expect to (happily) pay a corkage fee. Going rate for that in here Chicagoland is $40-$50 per bottle.

No, they’re intended to be used at resort quick service throughout property. They aren’t able to be refilled at quick service in the parks or at table service restaurants. So different than “throughout Disney property”.
They're intended to be filled at resorts/QS. If people are bringing them to parks, they're intended to be used there too.

What are you getting if you don't bring that drink elsewhere - one drink per day? Two? In that case, there would be no reason to buy a cup that costs more than two drinks.

They're intended to be filled at resorts/QS. If people are bringing them to parks, they're intended to be used there too.

What are you getting if you don't bring that drink elsewhere - one drink per day? Two? In that case, there would be no reason to buy a cup that costs more than two drinks.

😂. What good does the mug do you in a park where you can’t fill it? I don’t care if someone wants to cart it around all day. Not worth carting a mug around all day to me no matter what.

😂. What good does the mug do you in a park where you can’t fill it? I don’t care if someone wants to cart it around all day. Not worth carting a mug around all day to me no matter what.
I wouldn't even want to haul it over to refill stations for something like a 10oz drink. Another Disney success story of selling us something we don't need.

That's why I only get the SeaWorld one. Good size, and refills are free the first day then $1 for the length of your trip. That's a good deal, especially if you share it.

Otherwise, I drink free water all day in the park / QS, then get a soda with the bigger meal of the day. I refuse to pay $4+ for 12-16oz of soda.

It's tacky but not illegal to take your shoes and socks off in a plane.
It's tacky but not illegal to consume outside food or drink in a restaurant.

I wouldn't do either.
Actually, there are some cities/states that do not allow outside food being brought into a restaurant for consumption per health code.

Well, Kona is in a resort. People are walking around with drinks all the time. When staying at the Polynesian I'm sure I have carried a beer or drink in to dinner with me at Kona.

I've walked into the Wave and Steakhouse 71 with a drink.

I can see the same thing with mugs, this is your resort, you're carrying a drink around.

I would hope the waitpeople don't get butthurt about it, but, I'm sure it doesn't happen a whole lot.

Lol I am feeling major "is it OK to just order apps and dessert at TS restaurants" vibes with this thread. As in: everyone has an opinion, nobody is changing anyone's mind, everyone is going to ultimately do what they want, and literally nobody is going to care when it's happening as long as you're not a jerk to your waitstaff and you tip decently.

Lol I am feeling major "is it OK to just order apps and dessert at TS restaurants" vibes with this thread. As in: everyone has an opinion, nobody is changing anyone's mind, everyone is going to ultimately do what they want, and literally nobody is going to care when it's happening as long as you're not a jerk to your waitstaff and you tip decently.
You're making too much sense. Stop it! 😂😂😂

I've never seen it before, but I'm not shocked it's being done now with the offensive cost of a Disney vacation. If it does become common practice, Disney will respond in some way. There's no doubt about that. We don't buy them.

I'm waiting to be called into a TS now...watching the mugs going in. I will spy to see what happens when we get seated. 😂😂😂
Please please update! Especially if law enforcement is called or Disney execs come in to immediately change policy due to the pervasive thievery of soda. Kidding kidding.

Please please update! Especially if law enforcement is called or Disney execs come in to immediately change policy due to the pervasive thievery of soda. Kidding kidding.
It was kind of a letdown when they ordered water. They seemed like nice, friendly people. Note: they were beside us so I wasn't snooping.

BTW, we all had Alex as our waitress who was phenomenal. 😃

So did they sip from their mugs during the meal?
*Maybe* before the water came. It was all very low key and I would have never thought a thing of it except, well, you know...

In a regular, non -Disney location it would have stood out to me. I realized that right, wrong, or indifferent, nobody cares and rules are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter