Using mugs in TS?

This is hysterical... I bet the same people who find taking a refillable mug (for which Disney has already made the $$) into a TS restaurant at Disney tacky are some of the same people who think nothing of playing electronics at their table with the volume on. That is what I consider tacky and rude. To each their own!

I wonder if it won't be a big deal when Disney decides there's too much gaming the system, which eats into TS profits, and limits or ceases to offer unlimited refills.
This is akin to what led to the inclusion of computer chips in the cups in the first place, to limit abuse (which we witnessed plenty of back in those days).

I'm not arguing otherwise; I just think to call it "abuse" is strange. I think "abuse" of a system might look like people actively trying to defraud a company (not using a thing they bought at the company to save 2.99 or whatever). And again, I'm someone who thinks they shouldn't use their mug at a TS - but it's just wild to me that you're so quick to say it's "abuse" whereas in reality Disney wants to make money (and I think a healthy capitalism would actually allow for those who want the goods and services to find their optimal point in paying for those).

We Buy the Mugs came out to just under 70 for 3 last week. We use them at Resorts only with QS or Pool or..... TS we mostly order water but at least one person sometimes 2 will order a Soda or a Drink. CS in the park we get water. I personally drink a lot of water and very little soda I use the mug for mostly Coffee and Sweet tea sometimes power aide or Vita water with the freestyle machines. Lats week I saw people with older mugs as in from 2020-21 and 50th mugs people with solo cups, the cups they give out for water filling them with soda as the resort we stayed at does not have the chip reader turned on also people with one mug filling others water bottles then refilling the mug to each is own. With the DP you get a MUG and a Drink with each meal which clears what the mugs are for. Do I like paying 5 for soda H... NO that is why we mostly order water. My son ordered a 12 Drink at Space 220 that was nothing more than sprite with some syrup and a bag of POP rocks. They did refill with sprite only with no extra charge. If this becomes a trend you can be sure Disney will remove the drinks from the DP and force everyone to carry a mug for the same price as before or do away with mugs completely. Cruises charge over 20 a day plus tax service fee and a gratuity for a soda only package Disney charges 22 plus tax for a Mug for however long you stay........................ I just do not see how anyone can Justify 23 bucks with tax includes all soda everywhere for X amount of days.

I have always carried my mug and refilled it at whatever resort I was at. It's allowed and you pay for a resort refillable cup. They say it's good at any resort.

In the parks if I bought a soda I used the mug to hold the leftover (because I don't like sweaty paper cups). However mostly I used it (in the parks) for water since I could fill it with ice and water pretty easily at the walk ups.

I'm more of a water with meals kind of person so I never really thought about using it at a TS.

Would I take it into a TS? Maybe if it already had something in it, but I'm not sure I'd intentionally fill it with soda just to avoid buying a soda at a TS. Not because I think it's tacky, cause I don't. Just because I mostly drink water with meals and a Coke Zero is more like a cold caffine snack for me. LOLOLOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter