USO Book Drive Feed Back?

Thanks for all of your help!! I'm going to go ahead and wait till Monday. Maybe Alexandra was out of the office on Friday and I probably shouldn't assume where she would want/need my books sent. You're probably right, since I've got an email that also says 60 days, I'm safe. Keeping my fingers crossed! I'll let you know. :)

My first e-mail stated that I had 60 days to complete the activity. However, when I log onto my account at the Volunteer Opportunity Portal, the date and time state that it must be mailed in before Saturday, April 10, 2010. That date, is not 60 days from the date of my sign up for this activity. So, you might want to log onto your account and check the Volunteer Opportunity Portal to make sure whether or not there is a specific mailing date.

Thank you for the further information. I wondered after looking at the list if other books were considered acceptable, so this does help. I looked at the USO website, and the books listed there are different from the ones on the above list. I don't understand why though.

What site did you look on for more info? I'm not finding anything through google. Thanks!

My first e-mail stated that I had 60 days to complete the activity. However, when I log onto my account at the Volunteer Opportunity Portal, the date and time state that it must be mailed in before Saturday, April 10, 2010. That date, is not 60 days from the date of my sign up for this activity. So, you might want to log onto your account and check the Volunteer Opportunity Portal to make sure whether or not there is a specific mailing date.

Thanks for that info! I just went to my manage accounts page on the VOP and it doesn't have a specific date. It says:

Signed Up for a Volunteer Opportunity
The volunteer is signed up for an upcoming activity. Volunteer for a day.

Supermom3 - Here's the link to sign in to the manage accounts page:

https://disneyparks.delivery.net/disney-day-account/manage-account.html

Would you go ahead and send me the address? I haven't heard back from Alexandra yet and I'm worried that if I don't get this out before the 21st, I'll be out of luck. I collected 50 books, bought 20 of them new. Did your tool kit say you were going to be sending it to the USO Southwest Asia?

I got this email from HON on Tuesday:

"The date you are scheduled to volunteer as part of the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program is almost here! This e-mail is a reminder of your commitment to participate in “Story Time from the Front Lines (for residents of the United States only)” opportunity on Mail in before Sunday, March 21, 2010. "

Did you get that too?

I received the same exact email on Wednesday. I could not understand how my 60 day marked went from May 6th (given to me in an email) to March 21 so I contacted Alexandra. She said this was happening to some people but that she could not do anything about it. I needed to complete my program and email her with the proper documents. My original sign up date was March 7th. On the tool kit it also asked for pictures but I told Alexandra that since my due date was changed I would not have time to do that part. She said it was ok to exclude them. Anyhow, I mailed the books and emailed her with our information. This morning, I received another email saying my vouchers were ready!!! :cool1:

I received the same exact email on Wednesday. I could not understand how my 60 day marked went from May 6th (given to me in an email) to March 21 so I contacted Alexandra. She said this was happening to some people but that she could not do anything about it. I needed to complete my program and email her with the proper documents. My original sign up date was March 7th. On the tool kit it also asked for pictures but I told Alexandra that since my due date was changed I would not have time to do that part. She said it was ok to exclude them. Anyhow, I mailed the books and emailed her with our information. This morning, I received another email saying my vouchers were ready!!! :cool1:

I really hope I'm not out of luck. Of course I can't get them mailed out today. I don't understand why I never heard from her. I have all my paperwork filled out, except for the addresses to mail to, and I have several pictures. I guess I'll email her that stuff today. What day did you talk to her on?

Oh my gosh I just saw this thread and my heart sunk. We just bought 25 Dr. Seuss books on Wednesday and haven't mailed them yet. We signed up on March 4th and I just logged in. Mine still says May 4th. I just checked my mom's account (she's doing Project Linus) and her's still says May 4th too. I wonder why some people are getting that message? I never got that email so I'm assuming I'm safe especially since the date still says May 4th on the Hands on Network. Mailing my stuff out next week.

Oh my gosh I just saw this thread and my heart sunk. We just bought 25 Dr. Seuss books on Wednesday and haven't mailed them yet. We signed up on March 4th and I just logged in. Mine still says May 4th. I just checked my mom's account (she's doing Project Linus) and her's still says May 4th too. I wonder why some people are getting that message? I never got that email so I'm assuming I'm safe especially since the date still says May 4th on the Hands on Network. Mailing my stuff out next week.

It sounds like you should be okay. Mine doesn't have a specific date, but just says 60 days to complete. I'm mailing tomorrow (Monday), so I hope that will be okay. My 60 day mark wouldn't be until April 27th.

Alexandra emailed me back first thing this morning! I sent her all the documents except for a mailing receipt. She sent me the address and now we're all confirmed!!!:cool1:

Thanks, everyone, for all of your responses and advice!! :goodvibes

Alexandra emailed me back first thing this morning! I sent her all the documents except for a mailing receipt. She sent me the address and now we're all confirmed!!!:cool1:

I'm so glad to hear that! :thumbsup2

I have a question about the custom form. I'm not able to print anything out. I click on the link from the pdf file, then fill out the customs form online, but when I get to the end I click on the generated form to print and my page is blank. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

I have a question about the custom form. I'm not able to print anything out. I click on the link from the pdf file, then fill out the customs form online, but when I get to the end I click on the generated form to print and my page is blank. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

I did not have the same exact problem, but I eventually gave up, went to the post office and with the help of a nice postal worker, was done very quickly! I figured I had to go there anyway. It was much better than getting frustrated with the website. (JMO) :dance3:

I did not have the same exact problem, but I eventually gave up, went to the post office and with the help of a nice postal worker, was done very quickly! I figured I had to go there anyway. It was much better than getting frustrated with the website. (JMO) :dance3:

Okay, thanks. So I can just go to the post office and they'll have all the forms? I guess that never occured to me. Did they make all the copies you needed?

Okay, thanks. So I can just go to the post office and they'll have all the forms? I guess that never occured to me. Did they make all the copies you needed?

Yes, we filled ours out at the post office too. It is carbon copied so you get a copy to keep. I had to go over the letters since the pen didn't go through very well and I faxed her the paperwork and wanted it to show up.

We were verified within 2 days of faxing her the documentation and got our vouchers a week later.

On a side note, on the national news tonight they did a story on a similar organization and it made me so glad we took part in this...disney ticket or not!

Yes, we filled ours out at the post office too. It is carbon copied so you get a copy to keep. I had to go over the letters since the pen didn't go through very well and I faxed her the paperwork and wanted it to show up.

We were verified within 2 days of faxing her the documentation and got our vouchers a week later.

On a side note, on the national news tonight they did a story on a similar organization and it made me so glad we took part in this...disney ticket or not!

Thanks!

I actually was able to figure out how to print my forms. I had to uninstall Adobe pdf reader, and then reinstall it. That seemed to work.

Does anyone have the "toolkit" that they could send me? Specifically I need the volunteer form which was the last page. I didn't save the PDF when I signed up and now the email link takes me to a site that just says that the program is over because they have a million volunteers. If you do, I can PM you my email. I also sent a few people PM's asking for the same information but I thought I'd post in case some people aren't reading PM's.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have the "toolkit" that they could send me? Specifically I need the volunteer form which was the last page. I didn't save the PDF when I signed up and now the email link takes me to a site that just says that the program is over because they have a million volunteers. If you do, I can PM you my email. I also sent a few people PM's asking for the same information but I thought I'd post in case some people aren't reading PM's.

Thanks in advance!

I'm so glad you posted. I never think to check my PMs, mostly because I never get any. I just emailed the toolkit to you. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Glad to hear it al worked out! Can't wait till next week when mine's all done!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

I mailed my package yesterday, and emailed all of my information to Alexandra around 4:30 in the afternoon. By 8:00 this morning she had confirmed our service. :cool1:

Can anyone tell me how long between Alexandra confirming us and Disney having our vouchers ready? Just trying to get everything checked off my to do list. Thanks!

I mailed my package yesterday, and emailed all of my information to Alexandra around 4:30 in the afternoon. By 8:00 this morning she had confirmed our service. :cool1:

Can anyone tell me how long between Alexandra confirming us and Disney having our vouchers ready? Just trying to get everything checked off my to do list. Thanks!

I am curious too! I sent ours on Tues and got the email from Alexandra yesterday.

I wonder if she knows she is a much discussed person here on the Dis:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter