vacant house notice

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
My dad found a vacant house notice taped to the side of the house yesterday from a company called Solid Foundation Properties. Our house has never been vacant, and is hardly ever left without at least one person home. Has anyone ever heard of this company? Do we call the number they have left us? Ignore it? The letter states if they are not contacted in the 3 days they will commence preservation services. What kind of scam is this?

It certainly sounds like a scam. Looked around a bit online and see a LOT of complaints from people who say this company posted a similar notice on their home for no apparent reason. It also seems like they are using a generic name that sounds similar to other legit companies. I also have no idea what the term 'preservation services' means, sounds like part of the scam to be as vague as possible.

No one has any legal authority to do what they claim they are doing. They can't just swoop in on some apparently vacant property and claim it as their own, title to a property doesn't work that way. If the property has a mortgage, the bank is only one with legal rights to it. Claiming they can come on your property and change the locks (not even sure how you would do that without breaking into the house if doors are locked) is illegal. Seems they also run a similar scam when a house is being remodeled so perhaps they can more easily gain access. What their endgame is not clear to me but certainly sounds like a scam.

Only if a house was in foreclosure (for example) could the bank/mortgage company engage with a 3rd party in some sort of activity to repossess the property. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with that. I would certainly call the local police since likely this scam is taking place in that area with other homes impacted as well. I would not call the number on their notice since part of the scam is an effort to get other personal information from you as part of some effort at identify theft. Whoever answers the phone is clearly in on this scam and will cite some bogus legal mumbo/jumbo to justify their actions.

Last edited:

I would check your state/local laws regarding squatter's rights too. There are some interesting tactics being used to claim residency.

And I would put up a no trespassing sign and take photos of it on the property.

In addition to the Police contact an attorney or legal aid.

I tried to call the non emergency police yesterday. I have to wait until Monday to talk to anyone there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter