Vaccination+

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
My age group opened in CT today...I feel like I am trying to snag last minute fast passes or in demand season camp site.. sitting here clicking over and over on various things only to get no availability (bit every now and then see something but it disappears before you can get it...lol...) not quite as much fun as snagging a Disney something you wanted...

Yeah that sounds about right. I am not in the current eligibility group but have been trying to get my folks an appointment. They were basically the second group since they still live at home but are well over age and other factors making them high risk. They are getting their first shot TODAY. Yes it can be hard to snag those appointments. Good luck and keep trying.

Jim I am right there with you in frustration over getting appointment for Vaccine. Two weeks ago we were in Phase 1a and 1b so essential and heath care workers and those over 65 or with extreme high risk co morbidity factors. Then all of a sudden Teachers( Priority was given to UD where JB Phd is associate professor) child care workers and those in the poultry processing industry had special niche carved out for them.
We were on the list our Doctor had to distribute to his patients . Lucille who is Phase 1b eligible went to see him on Monday. She was told he needs 5000 doses and has only received 270. So he was unsure when she or I might get one. Fate stepped in and Tuesday she got a call he would have one for her TODAY ( Friday 19 Mar ) About 2 hours later King Carney announced he was expanding distribution at select Pharmacies to include those in Phases 1c who are 50 years of age or older effective Monday. Tuesday I was told by states website I was unauthorized to access site at log in. Wed morning I tried again could an appointment with 1 chain only I needed to go New Jersey. Later I went on line again and did score an appointment in a Pharmacie about 25 miles from home next Wed Morning.
We'll let everyone know if we start to grow a 3rd arm from the vaccine

1) We are in "The Group".
2) Almost sounds like a fraternal organization.
3) We have had both Pfizer shots.
4) Contrary to popular belief . . .
. . . it is not hard for eligible people in Florida to get shots
. . . we called for an appointment and were called-back in 3-days
. . . went in for the shots and 15-minutes later, it was done
. . . had to sit for 15-more-minutes for possible reactions
. . . there have been incidents of dizziness after injections
5) People outside of Florida can get appts for in-state relatives.
6) We know of several folks who scheduled shots for parents.
7) It is just not that hard . . .
. . . via phone.
. . . call the special "800" number for Florida
. . . enter reason for the shots (age, other eligibility)
. . . enter the ZIP Code of the Florida residents
. . . enter a contact phone number (in-or-out of state)
. . . they call you back to set up a vaccination appointment
. . . availability-based, two people may have different dates

8) Florida shot sites run pretty smoothly.
9) For government, they are more organized than I thought.

NOTE:
. . . there is an increased sense of security
. . . but, will not let me get over confident
. . . we need to know more about variants and efficacy

Last edited:
I am in Mass and it's like the hungry games trying to get an appt for the vaccine. I qualify (finally) next week.. so I will be up bright and early monday trying to get online to get an appt.

Yep, I told hubby that yesterday. Georgia opened up for over 55, which I qualify for, on Monday. My son works at a small local grocery store with pharmacy which is one of the sites so I thought I had an in. Had him ask the pharm. on Monday morning and they were out of the vaccine and didn't know when they would get any. I also signed up on the state site, searched all the local drug stores and all were showing no appointments for the next two weeks and you can't sign up further out then that. Signed up on another smaller county next to us web site. The state site said to visit every day and check. I was hoping to get at least the first shot out of the way before my WDW trip mid-April but it's not looking hopeful.

I am scheduled for tomorrow morning for Pfizer, theoretically. Yale has all 3 vaccine types between their various vaccination locations, so could end up with anything. My wife is scheduled to be preparing the vaccines tomorrow at a Yale vaccine clinic, but not the one I am scheduled to go to. In any case, glad to get this show on the road!

Lucille got the MODERNA shot today and I am on tap for the same next week.
Loves to Dive I got my appointment by checking at a random time. Two locations closest to me had none available 3rd is 25 miles away twu=ice the others but as few as they have available I jumped on it. Better than getting told only location earlier in the day was the out of state one.

Loves to Dive I got my appointment by checking at a random time. Two locations closest to me had none available 3rd is 25 miles away twice the others but as few as they have available I jumped on it. Better than getting told only location earlier in the day was the out of state one.

Side note I saw the Pulmonologist last week not my usual but another in the practice and he did an extensive interview of my case. He can't say with certainty but he believes I had this burger flipping virus last January and February as they had no idea then what to look for then.

I work in a grocery store part time and they have plenty of the Pfizer shots and are able to give them to the qualifying groups. They actually just opened it up last weekend for us front line workers and all of the employees are able to walk up and get our shots. Not only that, our company is giving us a $100 gift card to the store after we get our second one. I would have got the shot for free but now get $100 worth of free groceries. Actually, $200 because my daughter works there too. I have seen plenty of people walk in and get the shot, just as long as they are in the grouping that is able to so far. And this is just 1 pharmacy in the city.

Loves to Dive I got my appointment by checking at a random time. Two locations closest to me had none available 3rd is 25 miles away twu=ice the others but as few as they have available I jumped on it. Better than getting told only location earlier in the day was the out of state one.
Yep, I've been checking just randomly throughout the day. I get the email from Ga Dept of Health every morning telling me I qualify (signed up with them first) but alas, the closest to me so far is Gainesville which is around 50 miles away. I'm not sure why Athens is not showing any available, there are lots of locations, almost all the pharmacies are sites but none have appointments available. I'm not in a huge hurry so will just keep trying a few times a day. I rarely leave our house except to go to work and I work by myself in the office and go pick up fast food take out and about once a month run to the grocery store. It would be nice to have at least the first shot before my visit to WDW in April but I'm not stressing about it.

After getting experimental anthrax vaccines during my time in service, I will pass on this one. It does not keep you from getting it, does not keep you from spreading it per all manufacturers. It may reduce symptoms. Just too many side effects being seen for me, and too many unknowns.
You are right, but they really have no clue if you can get it or spread it. I got it, as well as most of my department. So far, nothing but the fever and chills and such after the 2nd shot. I had it the worst. Long term effect, who knows, but i don't for see myself growing a second head. Its probably better then getting sick from the covid, saw a lot of that and its not great. Oh, and as to the side effects, for us here , and what i saw, 50 percent had none. Of the 50 that had them, the elder ( 45_55) had the worst symptoms, chills and fever for more then one day. Group was only about 40 people from 20-60. This was not a scientific study, just what i saw.

You are right, but they really have no clue if you can get it or spread it. I got it, as well as most of my department. So far, nothing but the fever and chills and such after the 2nd shot. I had it the worst. Long term effect, who knows, but i don't for see myself growing a second head. Its probably better then getting sick from the covid, saw a lot of that and its not great. Oh, and as to the side effects, for us here , and what i saw, 50 percent had none. Of the 50 that had them, the elder ( 45_55) had the worst symptoms, chills and fever for more then one day. Group was only about 40 people from 20-60. This was not a scientific study, just what i saw.

I know they can be good. But having been on the receiving end of Vaccine A, and it is well documented. I will wait for awhile, until they know the full extent of the side effects, both short and long term. Yes, I have been around people who have been sick, my boss and others. So for now it is what it is and if Disney requires proof in the future, well then I will just have to vacation elsewhere.

Chris you are free to make you own choice about this vaccine. I was on the receiving end of the Anthrax vaccine as well as well and have no desire to go through those side effects again.
Likewise a good number of people I know have been diagnosed with this disease. Some where asymptomatic, some had mild symptoms and some required extensive hospitalization and 1 died. As someone who is now listed officially as highly probable to have had it before the doctors had an idea of what they were dealing with, let me say I have never been that sick in my entire life. As soon as they took my SPO (78) I was told I was going to the hospital and I had NO choice in the matter. I was in SEVERE Respiratory Distress Just to walk 75 feet from the parking lot took all I had . X Rays and 2 CAT scans revealed Pneumonia like conditions in my lungs so that was my diagnosis only they couldn't explain. Six different courses of IV Antibiotics before they came on one that worked ( My white blood count was in Low to Mid 30k range would drop some and jump right back within 12 hours) That alone led to secondary complications ie Edema to both legs, unexplained significant Hypertension and Tachycardia, and unexplained blood platelet levels to name some.
As you can see my 8 days in the Hospital were fun. Infectious Disease Drs trying to figure out what was wrong. Teaching Prop for the Interns, Oncologist and Pulmonologist each ordering more scans hoping to see something they could identify and explain. And worst yet numerous Flu test Swabs shoved up my nose that kept giving results they couldn't understand.
While these vaccines have as yet an unproven track record for efficacy and duration safety wise they seem pretty good at least in what is being reported to the general public. Those who have had severe adverse reactions have all been reported to have later been found to have conditions that are rare and now identified. One thing is very clear to me at least. One potential Side Effect of this disease is DEATH and there is No effective treatment for that

nDH and I had ours (Pfizer) back in late Jan/early Feb. Getting the jab through our county Health Dept here in CA was very easy. You scheduled a time and showed up. It was pretty similar to having a FP+ in that there were multiple people scheduled per slot but they had a good handle on the number to book to keep things flowing and avoid long waits.

Of our 'gang' (around 10 of us) the only side effects with the first shot were a sore arm (everyone) and a day of mild to moderate fatigue (3 of us). With the 2nd shot none of the men had side effects (sore arms all round again) but ALL of the women had varying degrees of chills/hot spells, achy muscles and/or bones, and fatigue the day after the 2nd shot. I had it really bad for 24 hrs (like a really bad flu) but then woke up the next morning feeling great. We just found it odd that it was only the women.

My husband just finished his second does of Pfizer last week-a sore arm the first time anda bit of feeling tired. Nothing else. I had the one dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine yesterday. I got all ready to be sick. Luckily, not one, single, solitary issue. My arm doesn't even hurt. We, too, had a friend who died from Covid. It was terrible. Sixteen days in the hospital, on a ventilator, and his family couldn't go in to say good-bye-horrible. We got the shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter