VDH Opening

If we divide the initial investment by the yearly value ($24k/$1,650) the break even point is 14.5 years from now. That seems like an awfully long payoff period for a non-essential purchase.
Also resale value wont be the same with restrictions on one and not the other.

Any idea on closing costs yet. I've been looking at 100 and considering 50+50 vs 100 based on the closing costs.
Id say the extra closing costs will more than pay for itself if you ever decide to sell.

Its all so exciting, its hard not to just jump in. lol

We will be calling our guide tomorrow since both of us will be off. Would have liked to of seen this kind of a discount off the $217 price that everything else is going for, but frankly it is better than what I was pessimistically expecting.

First we need to decide if we want 250 or 300 points. The 250 would work great for a 2-bedroom for now, but with more grandkids eventually expected, over time 300 would give us more options to add a second or third room.

If we buy, it will be one year to the day since we bought our first contract at VGF :)

I was crossing it off my list but now I think we might take the plunge 🤣.

For those buying points, are you able to get the previous year points too? When I bought VGC direct, I was able to get the preceding year points too but I’m not sure if that’s possible since this is a new resort. Feb is my VGC use year and that’s what I want to stick with.

For those buying points, are you able to get the previous year points too? When I bought VGC direct, I was able to get the preceding year points too but I’m not sure if that’s possible since this is a new resort. Feb is my VGC use year and that’s what I want to stick with.
I believe you are not allowed to get 2022 points since its a new resort, but my guide did confirm I can add on and get a Feb UY, which is what my OKW contract is :)

I believe you are not allowed to get 2022 points since its a new resort, but my guide did confirm I can add on and get a Feb UY, which is what my OKW contract is :)
I believe you only get 2023 points since the resort was not open in 2022.

Isn't it still a construction zone for months?
Was just at DLH this past weekend and there were no tours. Wondering if they'll eventually have a model room at the DVC center just outside DLH. Several years ago they had a model room for AUL.

You get 2023 points only with prorated dues starting in September. I too have Feb UY

You get 2023 points only with prorated dues starting in September. I too have Feb UY
So an August UY will give you 2024 points? If so, that would work great for us. Our current UY is August, and we decided we would stick with that. It might be tight for us to fit in a trip if we had to use 2023 points.

So an August UY will give you 2024 points? If so, that would work great for us. Our current UY is August, and we decided we would stick with that. It might be tight for us to fit in a trip if we had to use 2023 points.
August UY would get 2023 points. Aug 2024 would get the 2024 points.

You would also get 2023 points with your Aug UY. You can always bank them and go big in 2024 to use them all up.

I imagine you could bank the Aug 2023 points to 2024.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter