VDH Opening

Has anybody that bought VDH received the DVC gift they send with direct purchases yet? I'm wondering what they're sending rn...

I think so. We got two contracts last year and got two sets of water bottle gifts.
We also got two sets of water bottle gifts last year...for one contract. One was addressed to each name on the contract.

According to UPS, we also have 2 inbound right now, one for each name on our contract again. But we bought 3 contracts in the last few weeks (at 3 different resorts), so who knows what's going on over there.

I always go back to comparing it to how they declared VGF and BPK. They declared ALL of it out the gate. Not saying they could or should have done that with VDH. But why so few? Something smells fishy.

I know this is a delayed response but they did not declare all right away…only half were declared when sales started, but because they had such brisk sales in March, April and May, they declared the rest in the beginning of June.

The difference with BPK though is that DVD created only two units…each with 101 rooms…they don’t declare rooms but units, and match those to the points they want to declared..

Since VDH has so many units, which consist of different room sizes, they can’t just declare all.

Bought 150 (75x2). Way more than the 0 I was set on buying 😉 , then decided on 65, then 75…then 150. The incentives and MB and 3x Chase UR points on a Sapphire Reserve really brings the price per point to a very reasonable number. We already have some uses for Hyatt points (UR partner) at 6-8 cents per point in Hawaii and Costa Rica.

All thanks to here. I never would’ve really looked into it much and realized MB+incentives you’re already at $188.

I know this is a delayed response but they did not declare all right away…only half were declared when sales started, but because they had such brisk sales in March, April and May, they declared the rest in the beginning of June.

The difference with BPK though is that DVD created only two units…each with 101 rooms…they don’t declare rooms but units, and match those to the points they want to declared..

Since VDH has so many units, which consist of different room sizes, they can’t just declare all.
The CM for member services was so confusing about this - they made it sound like all inventory was available for booking not held because of limited declaration. I hope that all Sept/Oct wasn't released. Would they sell all the rest as cash or leave some for potential declaration between now and opening weekend(s)? I did wait list (for the second weekend in a 2 bedroom) but my hopes are not high it will come thru. But I did get one night in a studio so I can have a taste - then have 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at VGC.

The CM for member services was so confusing about this - they made it sound like all inventory was available for booking not held because of limited declaration. I hope that all Sept/Oct wasn't released. Would they sell all the rest as cash or leave some for potential declaration between now and opening weekend(s)? I did wait list (for the second weekend in a 2 bedroom) but my hopes are not high it will come thru. But I did get one night in a studio so I can have a taste - then have 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at VGC.

The number of rooms that make up the declared units determine how many are available for booking.

But, they can put you in any room at the resort. All are open for occupancy..but only some can be booked via points. All the rest are cash.

So, if they declared Unit 1J, but not 1F, they can still put people in a room in that unit.

My guess is that they have a really good idea on what and when to declare to balance against cash.

The number of rooms that make up the declared units determine how many are available for booking.

But, they can put you in any room at the resort. All are open for occupancy..but only some can be booked via points. All the rest are cash.

So, if they declared Unit 1J, but not 1F, they can still put people in a room in that unit.

My guess is that they have a really good idea on what and when to declare to balance against cash.
Keeping hopes alive for another declaration and some more points availability then :)

Keeping hopes alive for another declaration and some more points availability then :)
They've declared 1A through 1J already as they're all part of Phase 1. The inventory in 1A through 1J matches what they published for their "Initial declaration", too.

Phase 1 is around 574k points and based on the Units showing up in deeds, it's exceedingly unlikely they've sold more than 355k of that. So it might be a little bit of time before we get to Phase 2--but it's also only been on sale for less than 3 weeks.

This is what's in Phase 1:
  • 4 Standard View Duos
  • 2 Preferred View Duos
  • 2 Garden Duos
  • 23 Standard View Studios
  • 23 Preferred View Studios
  • 2 Garden Studios
  • 1 Dedicated 1-Bedroom
  • 1 Lock-off 2-Bedroom
  • 2 Dedicated 2-Bedrooms
  • 1 Grand Villa
The Condo Plan in the POS currently only fully details Phase 1, but any floor where Phase 1 overlaps with other Phases we have some basic info.

For example, on Floor 4 there are the following details of Phase 2:
  • 2 Duos (likely SV)
  • 4 Studios (likely SV)
  • 2 2-Bedroom Dedicated
  • 3 2-Bedroom Lock-offs
This would be 154k additional points, and a much needed declaration of bigger units. There may be other rooms to be declared as part of Phase 2, information isn't available yet.

We also know there will be at least 21 Phases, based on the published Condo Plan.

Yeah estimates sound like 10% sold so far. How that ranks with prior openings? They've tapped out most existing and it'll be interesting how much pent up demand from new buyers will get another 10%.

Then it's off to the summer race for sales and if they sell 30% by year's end, will that be a success?

Yeah estimates sound like 10% sold so far. How that ranks with prior openings? They've tapped out most existing and it'll be interesting how much pent up demand from new buyers will get another 10%.

Then it's off to the summer race for sales and if they sell 30% by year's end, will that be a success?
That's a bit of a black box to me. Depends on how many years DVC wants to keep selling direct, and their timing for new phases.

DVC didn't want to make the pp cost too low so that it gets swept up quick (leaving "money on the table" as a wise poster mentioned earlier), and not so high that no one buys.

Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter