• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegetarians Beware

I also wish that they still had the chili in the bread bowl. That was tasty and made a good meal. The eggroll cart in Adventureland no longer has vegie eggrolls, either.

T&B

Odd - we had the chili in breadbowls last December.

They weren't very good, though :(

I have to say, with regards to the veggie-ness of WDW, it's pretty good. I was able to get PB&J meals for the kids - or mac & cheese - at virtually every place we stopped. And, DH and I were almost always at least able to get a veggie burger.
I'm used to finding something on a "regular" menu, but I found the counter service options a refreshing change from the norm here :)

Originally posted by 05ChristmasSurprise
Odd - we had the chili in breadbowls last December.

They weren't very good, though :(

Perhaps they're seasonal?

I have to say, with regards to the veggie-ness of WDW, it's pretty good. I was able to get PB&J meals for the kids - or mac & cheese - at virtually every place we stopped. And, DH and I were almost always at least able to get a veggie burger.
I'm used to finding something on a "regular" menu, but I found the counter service options a refreshing change from the norm here :)
I agree.

I also want to say that I admire your stance on vegetarianism with your children. We plan on raising our children vegetarian, as well. :teeth:

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
Perhaps they're seasonal?

I agree.

I also want to say that I admire your stance on vegetarianism with your children. We plan on raising our children vegetarian, as well. :teeth:

We were at WDW in Feb and at that time the chili was not in a breadbowl. We didn't make it there a couple weeks ago, but I will be there in early Dec and will check then.

Funny, but when I was pregnant with my DD quite a few people asked if we were going to raise our kids vegie. It's not as if I was vegie and my DH not. My mom was visiting my sister at the time and my mother posed that question. My sister thought it was the silliest question. lol

My kids are now older, though, and have the option of eating meat when they are out without me. My 14yo son came home from school last week and confessed to eating meat. He was surprised to not get a reaction out of me. I figure it's not the worst way that they could rebel! I doubt that any of them will grow into real carnivores, however, even if they do eat meat on occasion.

T&B

Tigger&Belle said:
We were at WDW in Feb and at that time the chili was not in a breadbowl. We didn't make it there a couple weeks ago, but I will be there in early Dec and will check then.
T&B
I just noticed that the 2nd edition of the Vegetarian Guide to WDW still lists this chili served in the bread bowls. I've never had it in a bread bowl.

The guide needs to be updated--we were there last week and the chili was indeed served in a bowl. I can't say that I was overly impressed with it, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood for chili.

T&B--still having fun at WDW

I just never order soup in a restaurant anymore - too much of a hassel - it always seems to be made with some sort of meat stock, even when you are assured it doesn't. On the upside, Disney is one of the most veggie friendly places I know and I always ask the waitress to get the chef to recommend something special. They seem to go above and beyond and I get the most wonderful meals!
As for raising a baby vegetarian, our little girl is 99% vegetarian but her Daddy isn't (I'd say about 75% - he doesn't eat meat at home, only at work for lunch) and I always want her to know that I respect her and her choices and desires and try to be accomodating when I can. (One more book at bedtime is negotiable, seatbelts are not, etc.) When we are out at Grandmas or when she goes to daycare or a friends house, she is given a vegetarian meal but if she asks for meat to try, we always allow her to. She almost always spits it out but I want her to know from the beginning that it is not something she is to be forced into but something she chooses in order to make her life and the world around her better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter