Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest edition of Disney Files mentions that they have sea turtle night walks at Vero, and families are chosen by raffle to participate. Do you have to do anything to ensure that you're "in the raffle", ie. do you have to register for it?

Well, you can also reserve a walk at the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge, which is a few minute drive north of the resort. They only do it in June/July, but you can make reservations in May. There is a cost (minimal) and it is a tax deductible contribution I believe. Check it out here...

http://www.fws.gov/archiecarr/turtlewalks.html

Well, you can also reserve a walk at the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge, which is a few minute drive north of the resort. They only do it in June/July, but you can make reservations in May. There is a cost (minimal) and it is a tax deductible contribution I believe. Check it out here...

http://www.fws.gov/archiecarr/turtlewalks.html

Awesome! I just set up a reminder to call and make a reservation.

We are here now. It's just beautiful. Thanks to everybodies tips we secured a third floor 1bdrm villa with a gorgeous direct ocean view. We couldn't be happier. Can't wait to fully explore the resort.

Did you request the room when you made a reservation or when you checked in? We really want an ocean view room and aren't sure if we should just book the ocean view in room instead of chancing it with a one bedroom.

Awesome! I just set up a reminder to call and make a reservation.

Glen, we did this last year, we saw a loggerhead laying her eggs! It was incredible for this Kansas family!
Just make sure you take some mosquito spray, they can be nasty if the wind isn't blowing!

We are also looking into a kayak tour either on the Indian river or Sebastian outlet. That sounds like a fun new activity for us!

:goodvibes

Don't forget, there is a lake across the street and tennis courts, basketball courts, soccer field, couple of grills... It's fun just walking the tunnel over there.

Also, if you want to grill without the walk, there are a couple of grills and picnic tables in the area where the campfire is held.

Glen, we did this last year, we saw a loggerhead laying her eggs! It was incredible for this Kansas family!
Just make sure you take some mosquito spray, they can be nasty if the wind isn't blowing!

I'm sure it's awesome...the Disney Files article said that it should be on everyone's bucket list. I'm not sure about that, but I hope that it works out that we'll get to see one. Thanks for the skeeter advice!

We are also looking into a kayak tour either on the Indian river or Sebastian outlet. That sounds like a fun new activity for us!

That does sound like fun!

Did you request the room when you made a reservation or when you checked in? We really want an ocean view room and aren't sure if we should just book the ocean view in room instead of chancing it with a one bedroom.

We called a few days out and requested a third floor in building 15 or 12. We also made sure to check in early (around 2pm) When we checked in the CM said we would love our view and told us we got the third floor. We ended up with room number 1539.....the most amazing view with nothing blocking it and a pretty big balcony. I would definitely try to request this room again next time!

We are loving it here and especially love not feeling rushed or like we have an agenda to accomplish like we do when we stay near the parks.

A change of plans for us.....our waiting list for SSR came through so instead of one night at SSR and two nights at VB, we are doing three nights at SSR. VB will have to wait for another future trip. So please remove us from the roll call for January 6 & 7, 2012.

I hope all of you have GREAT vacations!

I'm staying at VB for the first time for 2 nights for the the 4th of July. My mom, who is 84, will be joining us. Does anyone know if the cable TV at VB is the same as at WDW as far as limited channels?

My mom is not a huge beach person, but likes to watch TV, so I was just wondering what channels she would have access to.

Thanks in advance.

I'm staying at VB for the first time for 2 nights for the the 4th of July. My mom, who is 84, will be joining us. Does anyone know if the cable TV at VB is the same as at WDW as far as limited channels?

My mom is not a huge beach person, but likes to watch TV, so I was just wondering what channels she would have access to.

Thanks in advance.

The Channel selection is better (IMHO) at VB than at WDW...it's not the same and you get more and a varied selection - sorry, I can't recall exactly what channels they are, but there are more....I suspect you mom will find plenty to look at and do aside from the TV...Have a great trip!

The Channel selection is better (IMHO) at VB than at WDW...it's not the same and you get more and a varied selection - sorry, I can't recall exactly what channels they are, but there are more....I suspect you mom will find plenty to look at and do aside from the TV...Have a great trip!

Thank you so much for the response. I'm sure she'll find something. I'm so excited for my first stay at VB. I heard it's difficult to get a ressie there for 4th of July week when you're not an owner; which I'm not.

I managed to get 3 Deluxe Inn Rooms all with ocean view at the 7 month mark for 2 nights; July 3rd and 4th! I can't wait!

Hey Rob.... Just booked another trip down .... Tail end to our first Disney cruise! We will visit from aug 5th through aug 10th. Trip 21

Dave aka Mahusky

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter