Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have been reading as much as possible for our Vero Beach trip. Noticed that in the 2007 Adoration thread there was a Beach Chair Swap. Would like to know if there might be any interest in setting one up?

Please add us to the roll call!

We will be at VB from May 25th to May 28th before heading up to WDW. We are DVC members and this is our first trip to VB.

I've been trying to do some research about dining. When is the best time to make reservations at the restaurants? Since we are going over Memorial Day, I'm assuming it's going to be full so I want to make sure we get reservations when we need them.

We can't wait to get there!!! It looks like a beautiful resort!

Before heading over to WDW 5/6-5/9. It is our 30th anniversary trip & our first visit to VB! (we are DVC members) Glad I found this thread! I am reading all the info. (looking for golf courses nearby as well) Surprised to see that they accept TIW...may have to get another AP so I can get the TIW again... (my current expires 1/27/12) Also, I thought I saw this, but is there a charge for wireless internet at VB or is it free for DVC members, as it is now is at WDW? Thanks! Debbie

Please add us to the roll call! We are DVC members but this is our 1st trip to VB. We will be there July 15 - 20. :cool1:

Hi I have been reading as much as possible for our Vero Beach trip. Noticed that in the 2007 Adoration thread there was a Beach Chair Swap. Would like to know if there might be any interest in setting one up?

The chair swap was a wonderful thing while it lasted, but alas, it became too much of a burden on the VB staff. If you were to do it, I think it would have to be a direct hand-over type of situation. That would be pretty hard to coordinate though.

:goodvibes

How likely will I be able to book a 3 bedroom cottage at 7mos out for the first week of March 2013? Are the beach cottages in high demand as I know there aren't many of them?

Someone will respond... I think this is a possibility, but I have never tried to book a cottage.

Originally Posted by LadyKay
How likely will I be able to book a 3 bedroom cottage at 7mos out for the first week of March 2013? Are the beach cottages in high demand as I know there aren't many of them?

The BC's are in high demand most of the year. There is always a chance...my guess (and it's only a guess) would be you stand at least a 50/50 chance of getting it in the time frame....ya just have to call and find out...but DO call on the very first day you can.

HTH

The chair swap was a wonderful thing while it lasted, but alas, it became too much of a burden on the VB staff. If you were to do it, I think it would have to be a direct hand-over type of situation. That would be pretty hard to coordinate though.

:goodvibes

One of the major things that killed it was funding the swap. At the beginning of the year those who participated contributed towards the purchase of chairs, umbrellas, anchors, etc. As it turns out, the arrangements for collection of money violates the DIS boards rules and the moderators put a stop to it. I guess I agree that solication of money on these boards, for whatever reason, shouldn't be permitted.

It sure was a great program and it would be fantastic if it could be re-created somehow.

John

One of the major things that killed it was funding the swap. At the beginning of the year those who participated contributed towards the purchase of chairs, umbrellas, anchors, etc. As it turns out, the arrangements for collection of money violates the DIS boards rules and the moderators put a stop to it. I guess I agree that solication of money on these boards, for whatever reason, shouldn't be permitted.

It sure was a great program and it would be fantastic if it could be re-created somehow.

John

I understand a bit more why it became difficult to continue the swap. When I go in June, I know for a fact that I will probably be buying a beach umbrella, some chairs, and maybe a small chest to take cold drinks with me down to the beach (if the resort permits it) and when I am out and about exploring nearby areas. I thought maybe we could start a "beach swap" and leave our pool toys, sunscreen, beach chairs etc to another diser when we check out without exchanging or involving money whatsoever. I know that when I have been to other beach resorts, I always find someone by the pool to give my pool loungers, and any beach toys we don't want or can't fit back into our luggage.:goodvibes Since the first page on the thread has a roll call, we would be able to swap things with others. If this is something others would be interested in.. maybe we can start a "beach swap":)

Can someone explain the difference (aside from the view aspect) of the 2 bedroom villas at Vero. Are the bed configurations different?

We had a 2 bedroom lock off but had to switch weeks to something at DH's work. I am happy I was just able to get a 2 bedroom, but now I have a dedicated. We will be 2 couples. What are the bedroom arrangements. Is it still a master with King, and a queen bedroom, the difference being the other bedroom is not a full studio?

Does the second bedroom still have it's own full bath?

Thanks everyone!

Can someone explain the difference (aside from the view aspect) of the 2 bedroom villas at Vero. Are the bed configurations different?

We had a 2 bedroom lock off but had to switch weeks to something at DH's work. I am happy I was just able to get a 2 bedroom, but now I have a dedicated. We will be 2 couples. What are the bedroom arrangements. Is it still a master with King, and a queen bedroom, the difference being the other bedroom is not a full studio?

Does the second bedroom still have it's own full bath?

Thanks everyone!

I haven't been in a dedicated 2BR at VB, but the master definately has a king and the 2nd bedroom has its own full bath. I'm not sure whether it is a queen + sofa or 2 separate beds.

At HHI we just had a dedicated 2BR and it was 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom.

I haven't been in a dedicated 2BR at VB, but the master definately has a king and the 2nd bedroom has its own full bath. I'm not sure whether it is a queen + sofa or 2 separate beds.

At HHI we just had a dedicated 2BR and it was 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom.

Thanks. We called and were able to switch to a lockoff which works better for us because we are two couples and have a better chance at a good view. We requested 3rd floor!:banana:

I understand a bit more why it became difficult to continue the swap. When I go in June, I know for a fact that I will probably be buying a beach umbrella, some chairs, and maybe a small chest to take cold drinks with me down to the beach (if the resort permits it) and when I am out and about exploring nearby areas. I thought maybe we could start a "beach swap" and leave our pool toys, sunscreen, beach chairs etc to another diser when we check out without exchanging or involving money whatsoever. I know that when I have been to other beach resorts, I always find someone by the pool to give my pool loungers, and any beach toys we don't want or can't fit back into our luggage.:goodvibes Since the first page on the thread has a roll call, we would be able to swap things with others. If this is something others would be interested in.. maybe we can start a "beach swap":)

There is a group of DISers on a FB page and we manage some of the things we used to be able to do here on the DIS that we can't do anymore. If anyone would like an invite to that group please send me a PM and I'll hook you up!

Are all 2 bedrooms ocean view by any chance?

Thanks.:)

No, see the first page. He does a good job at explaining. Mostly the lockoffs have a better chance at being ocean view. The building are shaped like U's so the rooms to the front would be ocean view, rooms to the can would not. I think there are 6 2 bedrooms per floor (some making 1 bed/ studio combos if that makes sense).His map makes sense and I found it helpful.

I don't think I've seen anything recently on the conditions of the beach and beach access. Can someone give a current update?

John

I am going to try to book a 2BR at 7 months out. We will have two 15 year old boys with us. Are there any nearby corner stores or sub shops and the such that they can walk to? Will there still be turtles hatching in August?

I don't think it's like HHI where it's in a development and such, not much in walking distance from what I've read just high end condos.

From the google maps it seems like a pizzeria might be within walking distance but that might be it. I know there are on property offering unlike HHI which just has the shack. Others who have actually been there can chime in, this is just from my reading and looking at maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter