Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who accepts the tables in Wonderland card at Vero? Restaurants, bars?

thanks!

Here is what is listed in the info -
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
The Green Cabin Room
Shutters Restaurant
Sonya's Fine Steaks & Chops (Sunday Brunch not included)

Just booked our first stay here for September 4th - 6th. Made a reservation for Shutters, too. Super excited!!! :hyper:

Just booked for next June. I'm super excited because we got a cottage for 4 nights.
Our dates are 6/15 - 619.

Got back from a quick weekend getaway yesterday. Weather was hot but otherwise wonderful. The beach is more eroded than at the end of May but on the plus side, no big cliffs of sand to navigate. The ocean was wonderful with comfortable temperatures and excellent bodysurfing waves on Saturday. Unfortunately, there was a change in the winds and tides leading to heavier surf on Sunday. Still a great time in the water but it was much more of a workout to keep up with the incoming waves without getting slammed.

Ventured into the pool once but left almost immediately due to the overly warm water. When the pool water temperature is in the 90s, it ceases to be refreshing or comfortable. Ugh. But luckily we had the ocean.

Went to Captain Hiram's both nights to check out live music at their Sand Bar. It was fun and family friendly and the drink prices were pretty reasonable. Their burgers were also surprisingly satisfying.

There is a plethora of nesting sites in the immediate area of the resort, checking out the markers it looks like the Disney team has marked at least 700 so far this season along their 7 miles of shoreline. (Does anyone know if this information is published anywhere?)

Highlight of the trip happened on Friday when we were catching some waves in the ocean. We were just a few yards south of Green Cabin (not to be confused with the Green Cabin Room lounge) in water about 3-4' deep and as we were reading the sets to find some good waves, we saw a sea turtle directly in front of us, about 10-15 yards out from where we were standing. Totally breathtaking to have one of those amazing creatures swimming so close to us. Unfortunately, neither of us has a watertight camera so we weren't able to snap any pictures but it was a wonderful few moments.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to stand waiting another 6 weeks before I go back.

Just booked our first stay here for September 4th - 6th. Made a reservation for Shutters, too. Super excited!!! :hyper:
Hooray for you! It is such a great place to get in some R&R.

I'll be there the same week, perhaps we'll end up running into each other.

at Vero now for the first time and loving it!!! had a great pirate character dinner last night at Shutters, so much fun (and really reasonable esp if using TIW). pool day today!!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

at Vero now for the first time and loving it!!! had a great pirate character dinner last night at Shutters, so much fun (and really reasonable esp if using TIW). pool day today!!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

:cheer2:

Highlight of the trip happened on Friday when we were catching some waves in the ocean. We were just a few yards south of Green Cabin (not to be confused with the Green Cabin Room lounge) in water about 3-4' deep and as we were reading the sets to find some good waves, we saw a sea turtle directly in front of us, about 10-15 yards out from where we were standing. Totally breathtaking to have one of those amazing creatures swimming so close to us. Unfortunately, neither of us has a watertight camera so we weren't able to snap any pictures but it was a wonderful few moments.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to stand waiting another 6 weeks before I go back.

Got a pic a few years ago..
IMG_0271.jpg

Wish I was going in six weeks :goodvibes

Got a pic a few years ago..
IMG_0271.jpg

Wish I was going in six weeks :goodvibes
So love this photo!!!! My dh and I saw some in the water when we were there in June this year but did not have the camera with the zoom with us. They are incredible creatures!!! Thanks for sharing the photo!! I wish I were going back in 6 weeks too!!!

Dh and I (no kids) will be going to Vero Beach Dec 25-28th. We've been to Vero in January on a previous trip, so we understand what to expect as far as air and water temps. However, I'm curious as to what to expect in and around the resort for that week. I'm assuming there are decorations, but are there holiday specific activities? Is there anything in town that is different that time of year? Just thinking about planning!

TIA

Dh and I (no kids) will be going to Vero Beach Dec 25-28th. We've been to Vero in January on a previous trip, so we understand what to expect as far as air and water temps. However, I'm curious as to what to expect in and around the resort for that week. I'm assuming there are decorations, but are there holiday specific activities? Is there anything in town that is different that time of year? Just thinking about planning!

TIA

Got you on the roll call. Looking for someone to share holiday experience.

Hello VB Lovers!
My family will be visiting Vero Beach for the first time in a few weeks, splitting our time between DVB and my in-laws' (Port St Lucie). My children were hoping to participate in some of the "turtle" activities. Are they still active at the end of August? Also, do you need to make arrangements ahead of time for snorkle lessons? Thank you for your help!

Also, some nice dining suggestions, casual seafood as well as a bit more upscale. Thanks!

There is a plethora of nesting sites in the immediate area of the resort, checking out the markers it looks like the Disney team has marked at least 700 so far this season along their 7 miles of shoreline. (Does anyone know if this information is published anywhere?)

Hi Pam!!

I have not been able to find much about the sea turtles nests that are logged by the Disney team. I have found bits and pieces of information that you and others might enjoy. Here is a DisneyParks blog about a nest that was laid in May. Dr. Anne Savage says that she will post an update. :yay:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-the-sea-turtle-at-disneys-vero-beach-resort/

The Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge FaceBook page posted today "So far this season, it has been the 4th best year for loggerhead nesting on record on Archie Carr NWR! Updated sea turtle nest numbers for Archie Carr NWR: Loggerhead: 17,135; Green: 1,790; Leatherback: 49" From the website it looks like these numbers are for the sea turtle nests just north of VB resort. Unless "North Indian River County" are the nests logged by the Disney team. Would be an interesting question to ask one of the Disney volunteers.

We adopted the sea turtle nest that my girls helped log with the Disney Conservation volunteer during the Turtle Troop program. The Loggerhead Sea Turtle nest was laid on May 29th and has not hatched yet. I wish there was more information on the adopt-a-nest site but there is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter