Vero Beach Airport or MCO questions

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, heading to Vero beach, then bay lake this summer-looking at air fare now-Jet Blue arrives at MCO at 2:13 pm on a Thurs.
Or we can fly into Vero Beach airport, arrive at 4:18 pm on thurs as well through Breeze airlines.
We would take JB back from MCO, just wondering for going down, would arrival time at the resort (of course not including delays, etc) be earlier if we did the Breeze flight directly to VB, or fly into MCO and have the drive over to Vero-thanks!

Hi, heading to Vero beach, then bay lake this summer-looking at air fare now-Jet Blue arrives at MCO at 2:13 pm on a Thurs.
Or we can fly into Vero Beach airport, arrive at 4:18 pm on thurs as well through Breeze airlines.
We would take JB back from MCO, just wondering for going down, would arrival time at the resort (of course not including delays, etc) be earlier if we did the Breeze flight directly to VB, or fly into MCO and have the drive over to Vero-thanks!
From MCO to VB, you would be looking at 1.5 to 2 hours of driving time. Google maps says it's about 30 minutes from the VB airport to the resort.

I'm thinking too that getting out of Vero Beach airport would be fairly quicker than MCO, since it looks small. I know there is going to be a price difference too, with VB being higher, just trying to see if its worth it. Large price difference, I would stick to MCO, not too bad, I would go to VB. It would be nice to get off the plane and be fairly close to the resort.
thank you-

Depends on how much driving you like to do to save a few dollars on airfare. Others talk about Sanford as well and then realize the added cost of ground transportation eats up any supposed savings on airfare if using one of those online taxis (vs renting a car). MCO is clearly the closest airport choice for Disney/Universal, but if you are also vacationing in other places or don't mind the added time driving AND have a rental car, then you might run the numbers to see what works best for your plans.

The mistake many seem to make on here is booking cheaper airfare to one of these other choices without factoring in the added cost/time for ground transportation.

Another option for Vero Beach is West Palm Beach airport. It is closer and smaller. American and Jet Blue usually have good fares to and from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter