VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

DW and I had our first ever stay at Vero beach scheduled for August 25-28. Due to work circumstances, we had to change the date of our trip to . . . tomorrow. :) I have two questions:

1) I have seen the recommendations for off-site restaurants, but I am assuming a lot of those are for lunch/dinner - any recommendations for a local restaurant for breakfast?

2) If we rent chairs and an umbrella from the resort, do they set them up or do we carry them and set them up ourselves wherever we choose?

Thanks!
I remember Lemon Tree in Vero being excellent for breakfast and lunch. When you rent chairs and umbrella from resort, they set them up. Haven't been since Covid, but that was the procedure when we were last there.
Last time that we were there, we rented two very nice chaise lounges with cushions and a cabana, SO NICE! DVC members got I believe 10 percent off the rental, the last time that we were there. I don't know if they rent an umbrella with 2 chairs, which may be less expensive, don't remember seeing this as an option. When we spoke to the chair concession, if I remember correctly, he all the cabanas set up on the beach with chairs already and you chose whatever was available. If you were there for consecutive days, those chairs were yours for the rental stay. Lovely!

How are restaurants in Sebastian and Vero doing with Covid? Are there restauarants who are following mask and social distancing? When I go to websites, and I am not seeing any special notifications as such like I see here at home. What is the state of eating there from a Covid perspective? Any places doing well? Any places of concern?

We have a little while but are looking forward to our stay end of February into March 2021. Our first time was about 11 years ago. We tried to go again years ago and had to cancel due to Hurricane/Storm Matthew :(.

We have been to Mulligan's, Squid Lips, Citrus Hill. We did end up going to CVS and bought our own beach chairs. We gave them to guests checking in when we checked out. We will bring our own this time since we will be driving.

Looking forward to any new updates until we go.

Last edited:
Be prepared to wear a mask EVEN when walking from pool to beach, such a short distance..do not understand rationale..firstly, CDC says IF you are socially distancing outside, no need to wear a mask..it’s like upper 90s and folks are expected to put on mask on for 2 minutes when leaving pool area to head to beach, what 100 steps, sweat is dripping off your face by the time You make it to beach....that’s like asking someone who walks or jogs while social distancing to wear a mask, CDC guidelines do not advise that!
On the positive side, pools are sparking clean, resort is sparkly clean, chairs snd tables are sanitized wiped immediately when you leave, pool loungers are socially distanced, staff are working very hard, everyone is masked! Ocean temp is 84 degrees, gorgeous clear water, very calm for the Atlantic! :thumbsup2 Beautiful sunny days, a great opportunity to spend time outside.

Last edited:
I remember Lemon Tree in Vero being excellent for breakfast and lunch. When you rent chairs and umbrella from resort, they set them up. Haven't been since Covid, but that was the procedure when we were last there.
Last time that we were there, we rented two very nice chaise lounges with cushions and a cabana, SO NICE! DVC members got I believe 10 percent off the rental, the last time that we were there. I don't know if they rent an umbrella with 2 chairs, which may be less expensive, don't remember seeing this as an option. When we spoke to the chair concession, if I remember correctly, he all the cabanas set up on the beach with chairs already and you chose whatever was available. If you were there for consecutive days, those chairs were yours for the rental stay. Lovely!

Thanks for the info! We just arrived, such a nice resort.

How are restaurants in Sebastian and Vero doing with Covid? Are there restauarants who are following mask and social distancing? When I go to websites, and I am not seeing any special notifications as such like I see here at home. What is the state of eating there from a Covid perspective? Any places doing well? Any places of concern?
Riverside Cafe has always been a favorite of ours..excellent seafood, outdoor patio everyone was socially distanced properly, wait staff was properly masked, they also had a fan running out there with a mist type thing..very pleased!😊

Ate dinner at a fabulous Italian restaurant that we thought that we would try The Italian Cousin in Sebastian. Great table spacing, servers wearing masks, SO DELICIOUS! I had an eggplant parm entree with spinach and DH had a Rigatoni Bolognese, both were exceptional! Server was great, all entrees come with delicious bread, and a salad which was so fresh, had the house dressing which is a Gorgonzola type vinaigrette, so delic, not your run of the mill dinner salad. We finished our dinner with a delic take out chocolate covered crispy cannoli just like a great Italian bakery would have in NY or NJ!! Can’t wait to return!!

Last edited:
A small deli that we have ate at for breakfast and lunch, Beach Bites, adjacent to Disney Property is definitely worth trying! It is right by the public beach next to Disney Vero Beach, on Wabasso Blvd. We split a large grinder/hoagie,so fresh and delicious, great fresh bread and SO REASONABLE, $8.99 for a large that we shared, very good portion! Returning this morning for a breakfast sandwich which we have had in the past...Nothing better than lan early morning walk for some good exercise, then a breakfast sandwich and a beautiful last day at the beach and pool! Incredible weather over the last 3 days! Wow! :yay:

jerseygal, I’ve enjoyed your comments, and will definitely try some of the restaurants you are mentioning. Is Orchid Island pizza still there?

Thanks.. Yes, we saw some folks going in yesterday to Orchid Pizza..Thsts on our list for next time..just had a delicious bacon, egg, and cheese on a toasted bagel from Beach Bites after our morning walk! Yummy and only $4.99!!!

Is Orchid Pizza and Beach Bites next to each other? I think we have been to both.

TIA.

jerseygal, I’ve enjoyed your comments, and will definitely try some of the restaurants you are mentioning. Is Orchid Island pizza still there?
Is Orchid Pizza and Beach Bites next to each other? I think we have been to both.

TIA.
Yes, as one would come off the public beach, there is parking and on the right is Beach Bites, then a door or two away is Orchid Pizza and if I can recollect a Real Estate Agency on the corner..certainly an easy walk from Disney Vero,

FYI..bring water shoes for the “very Shelly sand going into the ocean..we forgot ours..we have been going to Anna Maria Island and Lido Beach alot and the sand is powdery and soft, where you do not need water shoes in the Gulf..Sunny hot weather but you get a very nice breeze down at the beach..the ocean was nice and warm! Hated to leave this gorgeous resort!

Last edited:
Yes, as one would come off the public beach, there is parking and on the right is Beach Bites, then a door or two away is Orchid Pizza and if I can recollect a Real Estate Agency on the corner..certainly an easy walk from Disney Vero,

Yes, we have been for sure. Glad to know they are both still there. Am I remembering right, the property across the road was sold?

Can't wait to go back!. Thank you again.

We really lucked out on 3 days of gorgeous weather. Wanted to share these pics of the early morning sunrise at Vero Beach. Nature certainly is beautiful! For those going to Vero soon, ENJOY, ENJOY! Excited to return next year after the pool refurb is done. After speaking with a CM in the lobby, she said that they are hoping that the pool refurb, starting sometime in September, will be done by Thanksgiving, which will be great for folks coming in for the holiday season. Apparently, the pool will be repainted and the side area in the pool where you can sit, will be repainted. :cheer2: Props to Disney Resort CM's, the resort was spotless!::yes::

Attachments

• Disney Vero Beach Resort Early Morning Sun August 2020.JPG
    Disney Vero Beach Resort Early Morning Sun August 2020.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 15
  • Early Morning Sunrise Disney Vero Beach Resort ,This is Worth Waking Up For.JPG
    Early Morning Sunrise Disney Vero Beach Resort ,This is Worth Waking Up For.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Yes, we have been for sure. Glad to know they are both still there. Am I remembering right, the property across the road was sold?

Can't wait to go back!. Thank you again.
I'm sorry but I don't know what property that you are referring to. To explain it better, if you walk out the front door of the lobby, you make a right on A1A, there is a sidewalk right in front of the resort. Short walk to a major light, intersection. You walk to the light and there is beach parking there for public beach. On the corner of the opposite side is a Real Estate Agency, Orchid Pizza, and then a door down is Beach Bites, the deli, convenience store for juice, bottled waters, etc. Additionally, Beach Bites has some cute beach items, extremely reasonably priced. DH and I grabbed an extra set of sunglasses. Looked like they sold beer and wine there as well. We remember Beach Bites from a visit a few years ago..there is also an easier way without going out the front entrance of the resort, BUT you must have a magic band(we used our MB at Vero or key card to get in and out of the gate. We brought our Magic Bands and upon check in, the CM had to program them in to the Vero system, even though they were active on MDE and we had just used them in July at Riviera Resort.
You walk past the Inn on the sidewalk going toward where they used to have the Smores campfire. You make a right into the area where the Campfire used to be..there is a little path that goes to a gate which is locked, again you must have MB or I would imagine keycard to get out/in..You open the gate, immediately turn left and you will see the public parking, you turn left on sidewalk and right across the street is Beach Bites and then next door is Orchid Pizza..Someone on Dis years ago, talked about this "secret back gated exit/entrance, and we remember using this a few years ago.

Last edited:
Found it - I remember talking walks in here in the morning. It would have been a nice addition to the resort had they expanded/like they planned.

https://*****.com/2019/10/disney-sells-off-26-acres-of-land-next-to-disneys-vero-beach-resort/
I can’t access the link. Apparently blocked. However, I think I remember that Disney sold off only part of that property, keeping the parking area, tennis and basketball courts, and the utility buildings used by VB maintenance. The area sold off was north of the small pond or lake and would have access off of highway 510 rather than A1A.

I can’t access the link. Apparently blocked. However, I think I remember that Disney sold off only part of that property, keeping the parking area, tennis and basketball courts, and the utility buildings used by VB maintenance. The area sold off was north of the small pond or lake and would have access off of highway 510 rather than A1A.

I just googled Disney Vero Beach resort sells land......no biggie. Glad to hear they kept some of it. Hoping to be able to go and take a walk in early March.

Thank you.

Hoping for some help from people who are more familiar than me with Vero beach layout. I am looking to book a 2 bedroom lockoff AND a studio villa for a family trip. Would it be possible to get a 2 bedroom lockoff and a studio villa (not inn) - in the same building/floor? We are taking both sets of grand parents - my mom would stay with us in the 2 bedroom and the in laws would want their own studio but also want to be close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter