VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

They retrofitted #1150 with an exterior ramp and interior lift a couple years ago. I'm super excited! We've never tried for a cottage before due to the stairs. Can't believe I just snagged it today! We go the first week of August.

I found some more photos online, and the table definitely has only 6 chairs. I guess we'll set a couple of the kids at the breakfast counter!
I am truly excited for you!!! I’m very happy you *may* get to experience a cottage!!!

wishing you good luck on snagging it!!!

ETA.... I see you DID snag it!!! I’m happy for you!!!

We just returned from our first trip to Vero. We loved the hotel. The beach wasn't our favorite but not too much anyone can do about that. The pool was handled the exact same way as in WDW which we appreciated. It was a pain that you had to get seated at the pool and then leave the gates to go get towels. Not a huge deal but we felt that the process could be improved.

We had an oceanview Inn room which we really enjoyed. They did play a movie every night outside which in our room was soooo loud. If we had realized that at first we would have asked for a different room assignment. It was only an annoyance to us if someone had small children trying to sleep it would be a problem.

I would say mask compliance was less than in WDW. We saw numerous families not wearing masks and nothing was said to them. I would put it at 85% compliance. It wasn't anything that made us uncomfortable since most of the time you could keep your distance from those people.

We just returned from our first trip to Vero. We loved the hotel. The beach wasn't our favorite but not too much anyone can do about that. The pool was handled the exact same way as in WDW which we appreciated. It was a pain that you had to get seated at the pool and then leave the gates to go get towels. Not a huge deal but we felt that the process could be improved.

How crowded was the pool when you were there? Can you also elaborate about the beach? The size of it? Are the turtle nests still marked off all over the place?

How crowded was the pool when you were there? Can you also elaborate about the beach? The size of it? Are the turtle nests still marked off all over the place?

The pool was full. We never had to wait for chairs though. It wasn't so crowded that it made us uncomfortable at all but at some point you will definitely be less than 6 feet away from someone.

The beach was very narrow to us. Not a social distancing comment at all but we are used to HHI where it is a wide, big beach. There are turtle nest markers all over the place but that wasn't a problem. How the waves had made a ledge in the sand meant that the even at low tide you didn't gain much beach space. We also had a lot of seaweed in the ocean but that is more luck of the draw I think.

DVD players? Keurig or coffee pot? Best places to eat? Best things to do? We arrive on Saturday. Day trip suggestions?

DVD players? Keurig or coffee pot? Best places to eat? Best things to do? We arrive on Saturday. Day trip suggestions?
Regular coffee pot. The villas have dvds not sure of Inn rooms. Only one restaurant on site and one quick serve. really have to drive 15-20 min for others. We prefer bldgs 12 or 15. Have fun!!

Inn rooms have DVD players.

We went to Squid Lips one night and another we drove into Vero Beach proper and ate at a taco place. Vero Beach isn't requiring masks so it was definitely proceed with caution once not at the resort.

These photos are from building 12 room 1239 a 1 br. Can’t remember what floor. The view get blocked by the cottages and the foliage depending on when the last time t was trimmed

We plan on trying to stay in a one bedroom next May. Can anyone give any suggestions as to which ones to stay in?

We plan on trying to stay in a one bedroom next May. Can anyone give any suggestions as to which ones to stay in?
Depends on where you want to be relative to pool and beach access. Building 12 is north of the main building and the longest walk from the pool and beach. Buildings 14 and 15 (there is no 13) are south of the main building with 14 nearer to the pool and beach access and 15 at the southern end of the property. A Google Maps satellite view will show you more of the details. All three of these villa buildings are heavily landscaped, so ocean views are limited to rooms on the upper floors, particularly since the three bedroom beach cottages occupy the real estate closer to the ocean. All three villa buildings have underground and nearby surface parking options. For studio occupants, there are laundry facilities in each of the three buildings, although you will have your own washer and dryer in a one bedroom unit.

When we stay in a villa building rather than an inn room, we like building 12 for its more remote location, but it’s just the two of us so we don’t have any youngsters who might want to be closer to the pool and beach action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter