Very Disappointed in Magical Express

DurangoJim

Mouseketeer
ME was great from MCO to Riviera, they assigned seats and did everything I could think of to try to keep exposure low. On the way from Riviera to MCO it’s a cluster. This is worse than a grocery store. People not wearing masks, (or if they are they’re using them as chin diapers) no assigned seats and NO DISTANCING! Good thing I can hold my breath for 45 minutes /s

We had a similar experience with DME last week. Going from the airport to CBR had assigned, staggered seating. But on the way back, the driver made no mention of assigned seating or asking people to distance. People sat in the first several rows for the most part, completely surrounded. Everyone wore their masks, but there was ample room to spread out. No one said anything and the driver enforced nothing. If anyone is nervous about the distancing aspect, I would recommend not using DME on the way back to the airport.

While assigned seats would be idea, I don't see much of a reasoning for it though as you are getting ready to board a plane with little or no social-distancing, aren't you?

I agree. And if there is space for folks that want to socially distance then feel free to do so. But if others are fine sitting near each other (just as they will on the plane in just a couple hours as you point out) then let them. Plus, you have your magic mask on so you're safe.

While assigned seats would be idea, I don't see much of a reasoning for it though as you are getting ready to board a plane with little or no social-distancing, aren't you?
Planes have much better air filter systems, Delta leaves the middle seats empty, and they enforce wearing masks. The Magical express does not e of that. This is my flight right now and is orders of magnitude less crowded than ME was.

Attachments

• EE15597F-3BF7-4932-AD0C-CED2E1820BDB.jpeg
    EE15597F-3BF7-4932-AD0C-CED2E1820BDB.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 91
While they did not assign seats when we left a week ago from BCV...and stopped at RIV and one other place...the driver did ask that we load from the back.

Now, it was 4:30 am so the bus wasn’t full, but everyone did space out.

I brought face shields for the bus and the plane as I wasn’t sure how crowded they were but I didn’t end up using them because Things were not full.

ME was great from MCO to Riviera, they assigned seats and did everything I could think of to try to keep exposure low. On the way from Riviera to MCO it’s a cluster. This is worse than a grocery store. People not wearing masks, (or if they are they’re using them as chin diapers) no assigned seats and NO DISTANCING! Good thing I can hold my breath for 45 minutes /s
Absurd!! I’ve heard other experiences like yours so you are not alone. 😡

I have heard a lot of this lately - I hope complaints are being provided/feedback to Disney directly. I know it's "third party" but it's third party through WDW - nothing will change without feedback repetitively provided.

At MCO the driver isn't assigning seats. The staff inside are doing that. At the resorts there is no one but the driver. Between loading luggage and keeping a schedule I think it may be a bit unrealistic to make them assign seats. We'd end up going back to the 4 hour preflight pickup.

They don't really need to assign them - but they could certainly ask people to leave a row between them and other guests.

I would give the people running the bus company a call. Ask for the safety manager and voice you concerns. Let them know the time,day/date and stops you made so they can check with the driver. They may or may not have a policy in place. They may leave it up to the driver to decide how to have people sit on the bus. Unless some one lets them know there may or may not be a problem, corporate may not know.

At MCO the driver isn't assigning seats. The staff inside are doing that. At the resorts there is no one but the driver. Between loading luggage and keeping a schedule I think it may be a bit unrealistic to make them assign seats. We'd end up going back to the 4 hour preflight pickup.
Or- and omg I know this is a crazy idea- run more buses.

Or don't run more buses because that's too expensive and be honest with guests before they board the bus that distancing may not happen and masks are "encouraged".

I would give the people running the bus company a call. Ask for the safety manager and voice you concerns. Let them know the time,day/date and stops you made so they can check with the driver. They may or may not have a policy in place. They may leave it up to the driver to decide how to have people sit on the bus. Unless some one lets them know there may or may not be a problem, corporate may not know.
They know. They literally count how many people are on every bus, every trip.

I have read other posts that said the same thing. Going to the airport was crowded and not social distanced. I think someone needs to complain to Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter