VGC Snob

jbh275

Love VGC
I'm really sorry... but I sure feel like a VGC snob. I wonder if anyone else feels their resort is far superior to all other DVC resorts. I've been fortunate to stay at BLT, Poly, Wilderness, and AKV. However, with the fact that two of the exits from VGC take you to Downtown Disney and California Adventure Park and Disneyland is only a 1 min walk, you just can't beat that.

But please, tell me why your resort beats mine...

Well I have stayed at almost all at WDW and besides Aulani u might be right:p

I fell in love with the thick cushioned loungers at the pool. No rain I get it but that was awesome! Walk into park... not too shabby:smooth:

With that said....
I live in NY so Wdw much easier....I own at WLV... haven’t been to BRV yet so I let u know lol.
Kerri

I'm really sorry... but I sure feel like a VGC snob. I wonder if anyone else feels their resort is far superior to all other DVC resorts. I've been fortunate to stay at BLT, Poly, Wilderness, and AKV. However, with the fact that two of the exits from VGC take you to Downtown Disney and California Adventure Park and Disneyland is only a 1 min walk, you just can't beat that.

But please, tell me why your resort beats mine...
I'm quite glad you love your DVC home resort! I would have purchased VGC if it were selling in 2004. But alas, it wasn't even a glimmer in the rumor mill yet.

I once loved a resort ... maybe I will again someday in the future. Until then, I just enjoy hopping around not feeling guilty for ignoring my home resorts (both DVC and non-DVC). Timeshares are like trading pins ... some you keep (giving you pleasure each time you visit) and some you simply trade (giving you pleasure in the trade process and the next destination).

I’m a VGC snob too even before buying DVC.
Yet,I’ll play along- my home resorts of VGF and Aulani are better because both have an excellent golf course out the door and amazing spas with hair salons. Aulani has my favorite spa anywhere so that goes to Aulani. All have amazing views but I’d have to give that one to Aulani too. The interiors of both Aulani and VGF are brighter than VGC but VGF wins that one all day. All three have delicious and beautiful dining options with VGF winning that bracket. The lobbies I think are tied for gob smacking grandeur but VGF tips the scales with the band. VGF is the monorail stop before magic kingdom so That ties the walk at VGC and Aulani has the ocean within one minute so there’s that. BUT if you went East coast, West Coast, Pacific then they all are Crown Jewels! All in all, they are the creme de la creme and I feel like I just need VGC as a home as a cherry pm top.
So technically, VGC lost or tied all of my contests. But, I’m born and raised SoCal, and being West Coast, if you put a gun to my head and said I could only own one I would be hard pressed between VGF & VGC but I’d choose VGC.

Last edited:
Being a frequent visitor of DL, I can understand why VGC is attractive compared to other options around the area. The location is walking distance to parks much like BLT, BCV, or BWV and the quality is comparable to VGF. However, there is nothing quite like being immersed in the Disney bubble of WDW. It's why we fly six or more hours through 3 time zones every year.

Love VGC, but 4 parks beats 2 parks.

Seriously, choices such as these are always subjective. I love the ambiance at my home resort (similar to that at VGC), but there are many who dislike it. I'm not a huge fan of SSR (though it has good points), but there are many who love it. I really like VGF but find it a touch stuffy; again, others swear by it. No amount of strutting will ever convince others they are 'wrong.' pirate:

Great stuff. We're in Colorado and purchased VGC while living in Las Vegas, so it made since. But, it we were out east there's no way we would even considered a west coast location. I sure look forward to staying at the VGF one day.

... but 4 parks beats 2 parks.
Well ... umm ... have you considered that DLR and WDW have ~equal number of attractions? DL and DCA make it easier to cover more attractions with shorter walks between! ;)

In my opinion, DHS could be combined into Epcot to make a better park. I'd rather WDW have 3 (MK, AK and Enhanced Epcot) than the current 4?

Well ... umm ... have you considered that DLR and WDW have ~equal number of attractions? DL and DCA make it easier to cover more attractions with shorter walks between! ;)

In my opinion, DHS could be combined into Epcot to make a better park. I'd rather WDW have 3 (MK, AK and Enhanced Epcot) than the current 4?
Yep. Just makin' fun argument. ;) I do love the differences between the two Disneys (I was stationed in SoCal years ago, so it's fun to see all the changes), as well as the ambiance of both lodge-like resorts, VGC and VWL.

Huge fan of VGC here. Love love love the convenience of being able to walk to both parks so easily!

I like VGC a lot but any trip over maybe 3 or 4 days, I would rather stay at a DVC in Florida.

The Grand Californian is a beautiful resort, but I'd rather stay at the hotel than the DVC units. That might be heresy from a DVC owner, but there is something about that hotel that makes me want - well, a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter