WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
In this episode of the Disney Dining Show, the panel discusses which restaurants at Walt Disney World are either hyped up or should be very good, but end up being disappointing.

Our own experience was with Liberty Tree in the MK. What stands out most was 1) We were seated nearly in what I’m thinking of was a butlers pantry. It was a 2 top, literally steps away from where the wait staff were getting what I think were drinks (this was nearly 6 years ago).

2)We had barely had time to look at the drinks menu, when it was whisked away from the table, not very rudely, but still we’d just sat down and hadn’t been asked if we wanted anything. I had to ask for it back.

3)The cranberry sauce was so heavily spiced with (I think) cinnamon and clove we couldn’t eat it (and himself sees usually sees it as a side dish and not a relish lol). I believe they might have used the oils of those spices rather than the actual spice? It had a heavy, nearly artificial taste, and I love me some sweet spices.

4) If I’m remembering correctly, one of the meats was pork. It was so gamey I couldn’t eat it, and was one of the dishes I looked forward to most.

The fact we were seated one of the busiest areas of a very loud restaurant was almost forgivable, as somebody had to sit there and we could have asked to be moved though the place was packed. But that, coupled with the noise, the quality of food I did NOT expect given the hype I’d read about it, and the service that was brusque to the point of rudeness, insured we’d never go back again, not even to give it a second chance.

The video mentioned SH71 and Space 220, both places I’m so looking forward to trying.
I hope they don’t disappointment, but now I’m wondering.
I guess the only way to know is try them myself, but still, I feel a bit deflated.

Don't be deflated! 220 is still worth going to at least once if you haven't. Make a res for the lounge. You can get a couple apps and drinks and not have to be tied down by the prefixed menus and still see space.

71 gets mostly great reviews. We had a very good lunch there last year and plan to go back. Will probably do lunch again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter