Villas at AKL ressies for non-AKL owners

akghutton

DIS Veteran
Quick Update: After listening to many busy signals this morning, I was able to switch the last two night of our stay at BWVs to AKVs. I am so excited. This is a surprise trip for our sons, and a stay at AKL(my DS6's favorite resort) will be a perfect surprise to go along with the surprise theme.

Thank you to all, who replied to my initial inquires and sent good luck my way
.:wizard:

I saw that ressies will open for DVC members, who do not own at AKL, on June 6th. We have reservations at BWVs in late September. We have been discussing changing the last two night of our trip over to AKL, so that we can try out the new 2-bedroom villas. We would like to stay in them before we decide on adding-on there. My question is for VAKL owners, who have successfully made reservations for this September: Do you think that there will be much of a chance at securing a ressie as a non-owner on June 6th - specifically for September 29th and 30th(Sat and Sun nights). We have stayed at AKL on points in their concierge rooms and love the resort. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high if rooms are already booking up fast - I know that they will have a limited inventory this fall.

Thank you for any and all replies!:thumbsup2

I saw that ressies will open for DVC members, who do not own at AKL, on June 6th. We have reservations at BWVs in late September. We have been discussing changing the last two night of our trip over to AKL, so that we can try out the new 2-bedroom villas. We would like to stay in them before we decide on adding-on there. My question is for VAKL owners, who have successfully made reservations for this September: Do you think that there will be much of a chance at securing a ressie as a non-owner on June 6th - specifically for September 29th and 30th(Sat and Sun nights). We have stayed at AKL on points in their concierge rooms and love the resort. I just don't want top get my hopes up too high if rooms are already booking up fast - I know that they will have a limited inventory this fall.

Thank you for any and all replies!:thumbsup2

Well, the good news is that we haven't heard of many dates that are completely sold out, and those we HAVE heard about seem to be around the holidays. So I think you've got a pretty good shot...but I'd plan on calling at 8:58 AM on the 6th. :)

Thank you so much for the response. I have marked my calendar to call MS the morning of June 6th!:thumbsup2

I will definitely post the outcome on the 6th.

This is a surprise trip for our two sons. AKL is DS(6)'s favorite resort, so staying there the last two nights would be an excellent additional surprise to the end of our trip. Of course if we do stay there, I am going to have to budget more money for the chocolate dome crisps and zebra strawberries.:cloud9:

I am going to try to do the same thing. I want to tag on a few nights to check out the resort before making a purchase decision. Hopefully we can add onto a Jan reservation. Keeping my fingers crossed....

I haven't seen a point chart for AKL yet. Can anyone point me into the right direction for that?

And is Savanah view the one with the animals.........I suppose that is the hardest one to get?

When do the DVC villas actually open?

They have a map of AKV at the DVC website that shows when the various sections are scheduled to open. The earliest that a section opens is July of this year. The first wave of openings will be in the existing AKL, called Jambo House.

Well do you mean the converted rooms in AKL or the new building? According to the AKV mailing, the converted rooms are opening in a few waves(conceirge rooms not until next May) but some starting this summer. The new Kidani building(100% DVC) is scheduled for 2009. I think I even heard them say in the DVD "early 2009".

Well do you mean the converted rooms in AKL or the new building? According to the AKV mailing, the converted rooms are opening in a few waves(conceirge rooms not until next May) but some starting this summer. The new Kidani building(100% DVC) is scheduled for 2009. I think I even heard them say in the DVD "early 2009".
I heard summer 2009, but am not willing to bet with you - because if I did, I'd have to listen to the DVD again, to see who is right, LOL. :teeth:

I heard summer 2009, but am not willing to bet with you - because if I did, I'd have to listen to the DVC again, to see who is right, LOL. :teeth:

Well I was riding my schwin dyno bike while watching, which makes a lot of noise, so maybe they said "early summer" and all I heard was early. :laughing:

For me I am not going to even consider staying there to every construction person is gone(hopefully by then moved over to work on CRV):banana:

The 134 rooms on the top two floors of the AKL are being made available in phases through Dec 2007. The 324 rooms in the new Kidanai Village won't be available until early 2009.

For me I am not going to even consider staying there to every construction person is gone(hopefully by then moved over to work on CRV):banana:

Me too! I want it to be done before we stay there. We are the type that would be disappointed in an unfinished resort though. I want it to be prefect.

This map shows the construction phases: July '07, Sep '07, Dec '07 and May '08 for Jambo House (AKL building) and some time in 2009 for Kidani Village (the new building): http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/resorts/animalKingdomVillas/DAKVMap.pdf

I haven't seen a point chart for AKL yet. Can anyone point me into the right direction for that?
http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/common/blankPage?id=PointsChartDAKV07Page

And is Savanah view the one with the animals.........I suppose that is the hardest one to get?
Yes and no! Yes, savannah view villas have a view of the animals from your balcony. But no, I don't think they will be the hardest one to get. I think the Concierge villas will be the most difficult because there are only five 2br lockoffs (maximum of 10 villas total) followed by the Value villas because there will not be many of them and they are such a good deal.

We are AKV owners, who, unfortunately, can't book until June 6th either. Our building doesn't open until September 1st. When I called to make ressies for August (didn't know we couldn't book until after June 6th) I was told most rooms were already gone and availability would probably be none and we would have to wait list (as owners) at AKV. Still not happy about that outcome. I called my guide that day even and all he did was apologize for not explaining to us about not being able to use our points right away for AKV. They needed to have better explanations when you bought into AKV. AKV owners who have to wait until June 6th will also be trying to get into AKV for the dates they want also. It will be crazy just like May 16th, when everyone tried to get the first ressies for AKV. I don't think I will even try, because I think all the rooms will be gone by then!

We have been discussing changing the last two night of our trip over to AKL, so that we can try out the new 2-bedroom villas. We would like to stay in them before we decide on adding-on there.

One thing to keep in mind is that I believe the 2-BRs in Jambo House will be lock-offs as opposed to dedicated 2-BRs which will be available in Kidani Village. Sometimes this is a plus and sometimes, with small children, it can be not so great to have that extra door in the other bedroom.

Thanks for all replies!

Update on my initial post!

jarestel,
Thanks for the heads up on the 2 bedrooms at Jambo House. Fortunately, we are use to lock-offs, as that is all they have at BWVs. Plus, my parents will be staying in the studio portion of the 2-bedroom, so we won't have to worry about our little ones escaping on this trip, just the grandparents.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter