Visiting the Mouse while staying in a Treehouse

Day 7:

Today is DH birthday!!!! :banana:

We spent the day off property “researching” some of the other local attractions. While away from the WDW there was 1 thought that I kept having;

Nowhere else can compete with Disney.

Between the manicured properties, the warm welcome you can receive from Cast Members, the level of entertainment in the parades, and all the way down to the cleanliness of parks, there is nowhere else I have seen that can do it better.

Now I’m not naive; yes there can be Cast Members that have bad days, and whose moods are less than Magical, but as a whole Disney stands head over heels higher than anywhere else. :thumbsup2

At the end of the day, once we were back at our treehouse we found that a delivery had been made for DH (thanks DSiL and DBiL).

For any family or friends that are reading along they can attest to my love of helium balloons (they make me happy and they last longer than flowers). Although technically this gift is for DH I think it works out well for me as I now also have a bunch of helium balloons decorating our room.

There is only 2 days left to soak in all that Magic, so tomorrow is going to be another get up and go kind of day. :car: We’ll be headed to Typhoon Lagoon and then over to the Magic Kingdom for dinner at Be Our Guest!

Day 8

Alright its official we are nearing the end of the trip but in an attempt to do everything possible to avoid real life stuff to creep back into my thoughts (like bills, thoughts of shoveling snow and laundry) we woke up and headed over to Typhoon Lagoon.

This is my favorite waterpark because of the Crush N Gusher slides. For those people who have not yet been to Typhoon Lagoon, it is a set of 3 raft slides (Coconut Crusher, Banana Blaster and Pineapple Plunger) that have jets to shoot you back up the inclines of the slide before dumping you and your raft into the pool. :thumbsup2

Another great aspect about these slides is that you can ride as a single, in a double raft or in a 3 person raft. DH, DSiL and I rode on a 3 person raft and wow there is a noticeable speed increase when you choose the 3 person raft.
It’s adorable to watch the families where parents would ride with their children and the parents would get just as excited to be on the slide as the children.

We returned to the room for a quick shower and then it was time to make our way over to the Magic Kingdom.
We arrived just in time to catch the parade

And do a bit of window shopping. I fell in love with this piece.

If someone wanted to mention to DH that the above piece would be a great Christmas gift, anniversary gift, birthday gift or………… any day gift that would be great. ;)

Next up was the dinner reservation that I have been waiting for. Dinner at Be Our Guest. :banana:

I will admit I was the ridiculously excited person at the 180 +10 day mark online at 8:00am to try to book my reservation. Even then when I logged in, the first 7 nights had already been fully booked, so when I finally saw a time for 4 guests on the Monday night I snatched it up as quickly as possible.

We were seated in the Rose Garden room, however the serving staff did encourage us to take a tour around the different rooms once we were done eating (which was nice). The amount of details throughout the restaurant, inside and out was gorgeous.

Listening to the server’s recommendation I had the braised pork and then DH and I split the triple chocolate cupcake.

Dinner was divine and before leaving we had the chance for a photo with Beast.

It’s great that there is now another good dining option at Magic Kingdom. :woohoo:

Only 1 day left. Rather than a nice relaxing day to round out the trip my plan will be to try to fit in as much Magic as possible. :cheer2:

Day 9:

Today was round 2 at the Food and Wine Festival. DH and I hopped onto a bus and arrived at Epcot just in time for the various attractions to open.

Neither one of us, DH or I, had been on Test Track since they redid it, so it was great to ride it today. I like the ability to build your own car that the new ride offers and the competition to see which car did best on the various components of the ride.

Between the 2 of us we managed to hit up most of the remaining food booths around the world. :thumbsup2

As you know, I have been talking about the potato pierogi from Poland this entire report and today was the day that I finally had the chance to have it!!!

It was as delicious as I remembered from last year and I ordered 2 for myself and 1 for DH. ;)

However there was one other item that stole the show. It was the frozen Szarlotka from Poland.

I’m not usually a fan of sweet drinks however this had the right combination of refreshing with a nice aftertaste of apple pie (not over the top sweet).

We fit in a few more rides, watched the manatees again and then before leaving Epcot we took one last opportunity to catch up with some very important people (I wanted to get any last minute advice from “the Mouse” before heading home).

DH and I then headed out of the park enjoying a Mickey Mouse Ice cream.

Summary:
It has been a great 9 days here at Disney.

I have had the chance to do a lot of new things; attend the Villain’s Sinister Soiree, eat dinner at Be our Guest, and stay in a Treehouse (I’m still in love with the giant windows and watching as the morning sun comes shinning in through the tree line).

But by far the experiences that make Disney so magical to me are those surprise magical moments that can happen anytime.

It is seeing the excitement on a young boys face when he is spinning on the teacups, watching a little girl latch her Stitch doll into a Space Mountain seat so that her and Stitch could ride safely together, or looking around during wishes to see that almost every couple (young or old) are holding hands/hugging each other.

It is those moments that make my trips to the World wonderful. It is those moments that remind me that no matter our age Disney can be Magical as long as we pause and take a moment to see the Magic.

Thank you to my family for creating these memories with me and thank you to Mickey. After all, it was a Mouse that started it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter