VooDoo Donuts

provencio

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I am a newbie to Universal and will be heading out this Christmas. So excited, staying at RP. No Disney this year, but you know - dare I say it, I am OK with it. Sooo excited to do Universal. I have been reading trip reports and notice a lot of Disers head to VooDoo Donuts. Can anyone just briefly give me any insider tips? Is it in the park or City walk? Thought might be a good option for quick breakfast.
TIA!!!!!!

Lines are longest in the morning and about half hour from when the parks close

or it was like that for me...

When I went about half hour from when the parks closed, many others had the same plan

quite a few of the donuts were already sold out when I went late.

many stop by and pick up a box of donuts to have for breakfast in the room the next morning.

Some of the donuts I liked and some were just ok and nothing special for me.

There aren't a lot of great breakfast options at Universal, so we usually end up at Voodoo. We've grabbed some in the morning, then ate them while waiting for Early Park Entry rope drop. We've also held on to them until we got in the parks, then found a place to sit and eat them.

The past 2 or 3 trips, on our first night, we've gone and picked up enough for the other mornings of our trip. They save pretty well in the room for 2 or 3 days.

As stated above, they are very busy at night because a lot of people have this same idea. On our trip this past October, they were out of a lot of flavors at the end of the night. I went through 4 or 5 choices before the cashier said they had it, then when they were packing the box, they called me over and said they didn't have that flavor either. I picked another flavor and they threw in an extra one of those for free.

For what they are, I think they are a bit over priced... but are still a cheap breakfast.

WE usually get them the first night and take back to the condo for breakfast the next couple of mornings. We've had donuts we really liked and some we really didn't (anything with cereal on it comes to mind), but we always enjoy the novelty of their unusual donuts.

We've had donuts we really liked and some we really didn't (anything with cereal on it comes to mind), but we always enjoy the novelty of their unusual donuts.
That's a good call out. We avoid the donuts that have some topping that should be 'crispy'. Like pretzels, cereal... even the bacon. In our experience, those toppings always end up too soft - even when eaten right away.

Typically I do Cinnabon, but mainly due to people who I am with typically really liking it and it's rare to them anywhere. However, my last trip I wanted something different as I was alone and I tried VooDoo donuts. I either got lucky, or they just opened since I was the only person there when I showed up. It was under $2 for my donut with AP so without it I would imagine it's not that much more. So, for me now it's definitely a preferred thing to do if I'm solo, or if someone else is willing to try it. It's way more affordable, considering I only really need a little bit of something in the morning anyway.

Only downside is when I asked about water the person said they only had bottled water.

The ODB and maple bacon are pretty good. Got those twice this week to wait in the line for opening. The kids got the ODB one day and the Christmas doughnut the other time. They were pretty good.

The organsicle one is definitely one of my favorites. I also enjoy their more basic donuts, sometimes even over the specialty ones. We have had very good experiences at Voodoo. It seems to me that the best time to go may almost be the morning before hitting the parks just because the line is shorter. There does tend to be a larger crowd in the evening with the park being more populated and people getting things for the next morning. I do, however, also quite like getting them the night before so they are already waiting for me in the hotel in the morning. It is really whatever your preference is for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter