• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL bus now goes to TTC?!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I can't believe I don't remember reading this here. The WL bus now goes to the TTC, not all the way to the MK. It's reported in the Vacation Magic that came today. So the only transportation directly to the MK is the boat. I think that's kind of a long walk from the Villas. But since there wasn't a MK bus stop when we first went to WDW, I guess I can't complain. But it IS a big surprise. I wonder why the change?

I thought the same thing when I read this. How weird! Does anyone know if there are other resorts where the busses will now go to TTC?

I think this is outdated info. While the bus stops at the MK were being revamped this Fall, the direct bus from WL>MK was replaced by the old route to TTC. This was supposed to end in Dec.

There was a thread the other day about this and I think lisareniff (sorry I butchered her name I fear) reported that she had rode the direct MK bus in January.

Talk about deja vu. I brought this up this week in another thread. My concern was being a wheelchair user I'd encounter more limitations with the ferries since not all are accessible. Grabbing a bus to TTC (.4 miles away) just doesn't seem to make sense for me. It puts VWL further away from MK then if I'm staying at SSR and hop a bus direct to the park.

But perhaps it is old news. Seemed weird though since it's reported in Vacation Magic under new updates to membership perks.

Just read it in Vacation Magic. The announced the change like it was a good thing. I don't see any advantages to it.

It doesn't matter to me. My wife would crown me if I wanted to take a bus to the MK instead of a boat! :headache:

MG

We were there during the Pres. Weekend (2/15-2/19) and the buses were rolling to MK (not TTC) while we were there. We rode it on several occasions, due to cold weather and quicker.

I had heard, like BCV23 stated, that the WL were being sent to the TTC during some renovation during the fall. And they were reinstated before our trip. I was paying attention since we were about to go.

I don't know if the announcement is old news or new news. Maybe some that just got back can confirm.

I just read the notice in the current Vacation Magic, too -- has anyone noticed that there aren't any buses that run from BW to MGM? I could have sworn that there used to be buses to MGM, but last time we were there our choices were the boat, or walking. :confused3
I guess we figured Disney was trying to streamline and save money.

I just read the notice in the current Vacation Magic, too -- has anyone noticed that there aren't any buses that run from BW to MGM? I could have sworn that there used to be buses to MGM, but last time we were there our choices were the boat, or walking. :confused3
I guess we figured Disney was trying to streamline and save money.

I've been staying at BWV since 2000 and there has never been a bus to either MGM or Epcot.

If there's a boat from WL to MK, I don't see why there needs to be a direct bus too. I think having it go to the TTC makes it more flexible, if you are waiting for the bus to Epcot you could hop the TTC and take the monorail instead.

I think it's a change. The bus has always gone to TTC from time to time temporarily, but last weeks's Vacation Magic made it sound like a permanent change.

I don't like the monorail at all, and I don't see how going to TTC is better than just going to the MK (in fact, it seems father). Why take a bus to TTC at all? Are they planning to do away with EPCOT too , and just running the TTC bus? Yuck.

The bus has always gone to TTC from time to time temporarily, but last weeks's Vacation Magic made it sound like a permanent change.

No until about a year or so ago, the bus always went to the TTC and there was no direct bus to MK. This Fall there was construction at the MK bus stops (saw that myself) and according to the Transportation forum, during this time the bus route reverted back to the old TTC route. That was to end before the Christmas rush.

I would bet this was a mistake in Vacation Magic.

I've been staying at BWV since 2000 and there has never been a bus to either MGM or Epcot.

If there's a boat from WL to MK, I don't see why there needs to be a direct bus too. I think having it go to the TTC makes it more flexible, if you are waiting for the bus to Epcot you could hop the TTC and take the monorail instead.

Because boat service is frequently cancelled or curtailed in poor weather, particularly wind, and there is no alternative to walk like there is to EPCOT and MGM from BWV/BCV. Plus, some people just can't handle boats between seasickness and fear. I don't think boats alone can be depended on for transportation, there needs to be another viable alternative (e.g., bus, walking, monorail).

If this was/is a temporary thing because of the construction, I can understand that.

Not saying I think this is a good change - but isn't that the way it used to be? Like years ago?

Not saying I think this is a good change - but isn't that the way it used to be? Like years ago?

Actually, you're right. On our first trip, in 1987, the only option was the TTC, the bus stop right at MK hadn't been built yet. My kids were sort of sad on a later trip when we took the bus directly to the MK, and we no longer had a reason to ride the monorail. We stayed at WL shortly after it opened (1994), and I'm trying to remember where the buses went, TTC or directly to the MK. I know that it used to be that if the lake was very low, they couldn't board wheelchairs on the boat.

Is Fort Wilderness still on the WL bus. When we were there, it was standing room on several occasions.

Because boat service is frequently cancelled or curtailed in poor weather, particularly wind, and there is no alternative to walk like there is to EPCOT and MGM from BWV/BCV. Plus, some people just can't handle boats between seasickness and fear. I don't think boats alone can be depended on for transportation, there needs to be another viable alternative (e.g., bus, walking, monorail).

If this was/is a temporary thing because of the construction, I can understand that.

I have seen them run busses to Boardwalk when the boat was closed due to bad weather.

There is a viable alternative for VWL - through the TTC. Boardwalk has no alternate for people who cannot walk and don't want to take the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter