• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL bus now goes to TTC?!

Is Fort Wilderness still on the WL bus. When we were there, it was standing room on several occasions.

In January, some of the busses were shared - but there did not see to be any rhyme nor reason about which ones.

For many years the direct way to MK was the boat. A bus took you to the TTC if you wanted to get on the Monorail to the other resorts.

As with the other boat transportation, at times weather or water levels causes closures or accessibility problems and alternate routes must be taken.

They need to run the transportation efficiently - if they run boats and buses to the MK, neither will run full. So I am not surprised to see them go back to the original routes.

There was a bus running from WL to the MK last week when I was there. I walked by the stop 4 times that week thinking i wish it was running when I was staying there in Oct/06.

I read about the change in Vacation Magic and contacted guest relations. I was told I would receive a reply from them within three days. I am still waiting on their reply.

If the WL bus is going to the TTC and not to MK, then no one has told the drivers.

We are still doing the MK-WL route and not a WL-TTC route. There have been several changes to other routes, but those have been in how to enter the resort and the addition of the Grandstand stop at SSR.

I believe that you have been given outdated info.

If the WL bus is going to the TTC and not to MK, then no one has told the drivers.

We are still doing the MK-WL route and not a WL-TTC route. There have been several changes to other routes, but those have been in how to enter the resort and the addition of the Grandstand stop at SSR.

I believe that you have been given outdated info.

Thanks for the update!

Actually, you're right. On our first trip, in 1987, the only option was the TTC, the bus stop right at MK hadn't been built yet. My kids were sort of sad on a later trip when we took the bus directly to the MK, and we no longer had a reason to ride the monorail. We stayed at WL shortly after it opened (1994), and I'm trying to remember where the buses went, TTC or directly to the MK. I know that it used to be that if the lake was very low, they couldn't board wheelchairs on the boat.

You are correct. The boats are not always WC accessible.

In order to be ADA compliant WL added the bus sevice to the MK.

When there was construction at the MK bus stops FW temporarily rerouted
the buses to the TTC.

I am glad to hear that WL buses are running directly to the Mk again.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter