VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Julie - so sorry to hear of your colorful foot! But in reading about the coming graduation; I remember lamenting to DiznyDi when our DS was really little that I hoped he was potty trained before he graduated from high school, 'cause that seemed like a long period to work through also; but he successfully graduated with a diaper on. We all wish you quick recovery from your colorful foot situation, and wish him well as he races off into his future.

Tricia - Glad to hear all is well with your new princess. I'm sure you and Grandpa are excited and thinking about all the cool trips you can share with her and family. It is never too early to share Mickey and Minnie with her.

Wilderness lodge music

I know this question has been asked but I can't find the answer. I was able to download the WL music a few years ago, but cannot find it on my iTunes library !

Does anyone know where I can get it?

Wilderness lodge music

I know this question has been asked but I can't find the answer. I was able to download the WL music a few years ago, but cannot find it on my iTunes library !

Not quite what you are looking or but Mousesavers has this info compiled about the music. I used this several years ago to compile the WL music "album".

https://www.mousesavers.com/how-to-get-the-wilderness-lodge-lobby-music/

Or there's this list:

http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/wilderness-lodge-music

Wilderness lodge music

Ahh...the music:love:

I have loved that music for years. I was at Geyser Pt a few days ago and heard it playing there as well. Made the experience even more special. KAT gave you some great direction on a compiled list on Mousesavers. I set out a few years ago to compile my own list and have maybe 3/4 of all the songs listed. I am happy to share on a cd if you wish to have one. If so, PM in my inbox and give me your address and I will burn you a copy.

hmmm. maybe my question was too vague -- I'm assuming the "new pool" will NOT be open yet? how about quick service by the other pool? with only 1 pool open does it get ridiculously crowded?

hmmm. maybe my question was too vague -- I'm assuming the "new pool" will NOT be open yet? how about quick service by the other pool? with only 1 pool open does it get ridiculously crowded?

Hello Andyman! The new pool looks like it is almost complete and Disney has not given an official open date. But CM's have indicated they are targeting July 4 for the opening of the new pool as well as the quick service by the main pool (Roaring Fork).

It really isn't ridiculously crowded at the one pool because you have to remember that fully 1/2 of Wilderness Lodge resort is shut down during the conversion to DVC resort villas. So actually the main pool is less crowded than it has been in years past, which is why they probably are in no hurry to open the new pool. Construction itself is ongoing with the cabins and the south wing of Wilderness Lodge construction. But I don't think there will be a lot of heavy equipment coming in during that time. If construction noise is an issue, you could request the "bus stop side" of VWL (even number rooms) and you won't be able to see or hear any construction. Have a great trip!

Hello Andyman! The new pool looks like it is almost complete and Disney has not given an official open date. But CM's have indicated they are targeting July 4 for the opening of the new pool as well as the quick service by the main pool (Roaring Fork).

It really isn't ridiculously crowded at the one pool because you have to remember that fully 1/2 of Wilderness Lodge resort is shut down during the conversion to DVC resort villas. So actually the main pool is less crowded than it has been in years past, which is why they probably are in no hurry to open the new pool. Construction itself is ongoing with the cabins and the south wing of Wilderness Lodge construction. But I don't think there will be a lot of heavy equipment coming in during that time. If construction noise is an issue, you could request the "bus stop side" of VWL (even number rooms) and you won't be able to see or hear any construction. Have a great trip!

We are going on the 7th. This is indeed hopeful and good news!

Now, in the end? Must comment on the entire situation....

WL, converting a good HALF of it's space to a new DVC, was a VERY GOOD IDEA.
Still not sure how Sandy and I may get nailed for this, as existing VWL owners. But the MAIN HOTEL was becoming a constant 35% discount joke. I believe WDW just grew TIRED of this.

So - new DVC. We won't be buying, but others WILL. Our CM friends in the Restaurants will do far better.... they were STARVING with the bird crowd ("cheap cheap cheap"). I believe they will now do better.

We'll have to wait and see what happens to OUR dues. Not getting a vote in this enterprise? My wife and I don't want to pay for it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CORINNE!! :bday:

Agree with everything Granny said re: the pool. Not ready yet, and not likely in two weeks. Doubt RF will open before new pool does, and in fact, might be later. I'm just hoping Mickey waffles are coming back. . .

Jesse, my son, and I previewed Pandora on May 20. Did both attractions. I was queasy after the Banchee ride. Jesse loved it. I won't provide my opinions. You'll have to see it for yourself.

We'll, I've started the new job and the house in Maryland goes on the market today. I'm dying to get out of temporary housing and get high speed WiFi again. We've got our eye on a new home just off of SR535, just north and close to WDW.

WDad...good luck in selling your house fast! And I hope your home hunting/buying process is smooth as well. Tossing some Moose Dust your way for all to go well for you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter