VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jesse, my son, and I previewed Pandora on May 20. Did both attractions. I was queasy after the Banchee ride. Jesse loved it. I won't provide my opinions. You'll have to see it for yourself.

Thanks for the warning. Mrs. Granny doesn't do well with motion/simulation rides in general so we may have to pass on this one. But we are looking forward to the new land in DAK. In the past we had a hard time choosing 3 attractions to fill up our FP's! :)

Jesse, my son, and I previewed Pandora on May 20. Did both attractions. I was queasy after the Banchee ride. Jesse loved it. I won't provide my opinions. You'll have to see it for yourself.
We did it on May 13 (saw DiznyDi and Dad there too)...we elected not to go on the Banshee ride - we can sometimes have problems with Soarin so the CM suggested we bypass it - but we did do the River Ride - it was gorgeous! We usually skip AK (too hot-too crowded-too many strollers) but we will definitely add it to our WDW park routine just for the River ride.

We'll, I've started the new job and the house in Maryland goes on the market today. I'm dying to get out of temporary housing and get high speed WiFi again. We've got our eye on a new home just off of SR535, just north and close to WDW.
So glad everything is working out - good luck with house sale and purchase -

We'll, I've started the new job and the house in Maryland goes on the market today. I'm dying to get out of temporary housing and get high speed WiFi again. We've got our eye on a new home just off of SR535, just north and close to WDW.

Good luck with the house sale WD! Speaking of 535, is that also known as Apopka Vineland Rd.? If so, I know that one very well as we travel it to a Winn Dixie and a Walgreens when we are staying at the Lodge. We go out by the campground and take a backroad to avoid the DS traffic. We also travel that road to Universal/The Darkside rather than hit I-4. You will be really close to WDW if you buy here. One word...Jealous:D

Good luck with the house sale WD! Speaking of 535, is that also known as Apopka Vineland Rd.? If so, I know that one very well as we travel it to a Winn Dixie and a Walgreens when we are staying at the Lodge. We go out by the campground and take a backroad to avoid the DS traffic. We also travel that road to Universal/The Darkside rather than hit I-4. You will be really close to WDW if you buy here. One word...Jealous:D
Yes, Apopka/Vineland Road. The house is just north of WDW. I can get there from the house by going south on SR535, turn onto Vista Blvd, then turn south on Bonnet Creek Parkway.

We are going to look at that house again today. There isn't much land at all, but the taxes are low. It seems like the houses are separated by a blade of grass on each side. I want this house, but I want to make sure my drums won't disturb the neighbors. I can put up sound proof curtains, I guess.

Hello everyone! I know I've been gone FOREVER.......I had some really big changes in my life and much has still been an ongoing process.
I relocated to Florida last June. So I am coming up on a year of being a FL resident. I accepted a job offer on a spur-of-the-moment. We had just started a house remodel and I was hesitant to take the job because it would mean leaving my husband for 4-6 months. I did end up accepting because I felt like maybe it was meant to be and and a divine intervention. But unfortunately, the remodel is on month 11 and our home is still not up for sale due to many setbacks. So I am renting here in FL and my husband is living up in PA. STRESSFUL. :crazy:

But I have thought of you all here on the DIS often. I have kept saying to myself that I need to get back but relocating (moving 3x in 4 months was rough! Was living with my daughter for awhile), leaving family and friends behind and trying to make new friends here, learning the ways of a new job (doing L&D here in FL), and finished up school last summer. We are hopefully 3-4 weeks from listing so things are looking up.
Anyway....I am well.....I truly appreciate all the BIRTHDAY WISHES from May 23 (Kat4Disney, Twokats, Twinklebug, sleepydog, jimmytammy & Granny! You guys are the best for remembering me!!! and a couple Groupies mentioned me on Facebook which I haven't been on as much as usual either. THANKS FOR REMEMBERING ME after all this time!) :cake: party:

I hope to become more of a participating member here in the near future. My AP expired the end of Jan and I can't even afford to renew because my husband and I are covering house expenses in two states right now. So frustrating being 80-90 min from WDW and I can't go!!!! So financially we are tight and need our house sold asap! PRAYING :worship:

Thank you for indulging me this long personal post. Hope all my old-time Groupies are well and hi to all the new ones :yay:

take care!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I know I've been gone FOREVER.......I had some really big changes in my life and much has still been an ongoing process.
I relocated to Florida last June. So I am coming up on a year of being a FL resident. I accepted a job offer on a spur-of-the-moment. We had just started a house remodel and I was hesitant to take the job because it would mean leaving my husband for 4-6 months. I did end up accepting because I felt like maybe it was meant to be and and a divine intervention. But unfortunately, the remodel is on month 11 and our home is still not up for sale due to many setbacks. So I am renting here in FL and my husband is living up in PA. STRESSFUL. :crazy:

But I have thought of you all here on the DIS often. I have kept saying to myself that I need to get back but relocating (moving 3x in 4 months was rough! Was living with my daughter for awhile), leaving family and friends behind and trying to make new friends here, learning the ways of a new job (doing L&D here in FL), and finished up school last summer. We are hopefully 3-4 weeks from listing so things are looking up.
Anyway....I am well.....I truly appreciate all the BIRTHDAY WISHES from May 23 (Kat4Disney, Twokats, Twinklebug, sleepydog, jimmytammy & Granny! You guys are the best for remembering me!!! and a couple Groupies mentioned me on Facebook which I haven't been on as much as usual either. THANKS FOR REMEMBERING ME after all this time!) :cake: party:

I hope to become more of a participating member here in the near future. My AP expired the end of Jan and I can't even afford to renew because my husband and I are covering house expenses in two states right now. So frustrating being 80-90 min from WDW and I can't go!!!! So financially we are tight and need our house sold asap! PRAYING :worship:

Thank you for indulging me this long personal post. Hope all my old-time Groupies are well and hi to all the new ones :yay:

take care!
That's a lot to be going on! Best wishes for a speedy resolution to the house issues, and anytime you can check in, we all love hearing from you. pixiedust: Moosie Dust headed your way!

take care!

Wow Maria - such big things going on! So nice to "see" you though and I hope that things will start lining up for you soon and you can get the house sold fast! And then get that AP up to date!!! Here's a little Pixie dust for you! pixiedust:

Maria...it is so great to hear from you! :banana:

That is a lot of stress you have been living with, but I think you have a vision of what your life will be like when the dust settles (yes, it will settle at some point!). It sounds like the job is a good one and hopefully your house will sell quickly when it is ready. We still have some Moose Dust tucked away that we bring out for special wishes like this one! :)

Thanks for taking the time to update us on your life. We always understand that life can take some of the Groupies away for a time, but this thread has been around for over a decade so we're easy to find when people come back. And you know that you are ALWAYS welcome here in our rocking chairs on the VWL porch. :thumbsup2

Well Groupies - as some of you may know - like Jimmy and Tammy - we're expecting our first Grand (it's a princess for us)...she came yesterday - a little early but strong and healthy - 7lbs - Amelia Leigh - grandpa Jerry and I are just over the moon already with her!

What wonderful news! :cloud9: Congratulations! :littleangel:

Maria
Great to hear from you! Moose Dust to you for the house issues to be resolved quickly. We are just glad you are back, we have missed you but we all understand life issues come 1st. Hope all of that settles for you soon and you can get back to a norm

MARIA :wave2: So nice to hear from you!!

Yes, that is a lot of stuff going on! Moose dust coming your way that you can finish the re-model in PA, sell your home, and your husband can join you in FL ...... then you can enjoy the World at your leisure. So hows the new job?

Enjoy your week-end Groupies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter