• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Congratulations to Jimmy on the new addition. I pray that the baby will be able to improve quickly. It's amazing what they can do for premies these days. I'm sure he is in good hands.

Survived day one with 114 new kiddos on the roster. Hopefully, I'll have most all their names down by the end of the week.

Wild Africa Trek ? We did it a few years ago and LOVED it. Highly recommend. :-)

SW
Thanks Starwind for the recommendation. I'll have to decide by November which tour to choose.

Thanks Starwind for the recommendation. I'll have to decide by November which tour to choose.

We also have done the Safari tour and enjoyed it. Over the years I've done a few different tours including the Keys to the Kingdom and really have enjoyed them all. I'd recommend trying for one of the earlier ones when it's a bit cooller. Ours might have been the last of the day and it was a wee bit warm and animals a wee bit sluggish.

Ahh a new baby in the family! Welcome to the world Rafe James! Congratulations all around; mom, dad, grandma's and grandpa's. Aunts and Uncles too - that's you CaptainD. This little guy will be the center of attention. Such an exciting time in the life of your family.

Our daughter was 5 weeks premature and spent time in the NICU - its an amazing place with exceptional caregivers. Your little one is in good hands. Hugs and prayers!

Wish we were going in December so that we could meet some of you, but I think I'll be sticking to our spring break April trip. DD who will be 18 this weekend mentioned she would like to do one of the extra tours at the world. DH and I did Keys to the Kingdom several years ago and loved it. She mentioned that she would like to do the one at AK that is around the safari. Anyone have experience with that tour? I know it's pretty pricey so I'm not sure we would spring for the whole family to do it. It would be part of hr graduation trip so it's sort of a special occasion.
School starts tomorrow. My baby will start high school, my middle will start her senior year, and the oldest will go back to college to finish her last semester. Not sure where the time goes...
Hope it went well! My oldest started Kinder this year. I am bringing him with me so I can keep an eye on him...lol. He's had a good week thus far! I've got 24 first graders in my class right now.

I am happy to announce Rafe James Jordan was born yesterday at 1:35 pm!!!!!! Kristian was having some health concerns that merited her being admitted Sun. night to UNC hospital. She was induced and immediately began contractions around 10 pm. He is one month premature so he has been in the NICU since being born. Last night was scary as he was having trouble breathing and stopped a few times. But the NIC unit took good care of him, and with God laying His healing hands upon him and those administering to him, Rafe is doing good! Mom is better now as well and can't wait to hold him for more than a brief moment.
Congrats and hoping for a speedy NICU stay!

JT & Tammy, congrats on the birth of the baby. I saw him on FB and he is a cutie. Talked to Kristian there, but tell her again that Kati and I are thinking of her, Paul and the baby.

Got to have dinner tonight with bobbiwoz and her husband Tom. Loved finally getting to meet them. The last two trips I have missed them by one or two days, but we made it this time. Both of us are at SSR so that made it very easy.

Hope all the groupies are having a good summer.

Thanks again folks for all the well wishes for baby Rafe! All is well now. He had a bit of a rough start in life, but he is finally out of NICU, back with mom n dad and doing better. They are still at the hospital and if all his #s come back good, very good chance he will be home by days end!! God is good:-)

BTW, there is a Disney connection to his name. Pearl Harbor was a Touchstone/Disney movie and Ben Affleck played the main character as Rafe. Kristian saw this film on video with us when she was 10. At the time, we never knew, but she knew if she had a son, she would name him Rafe. And she stuck too it.

Got to have dinner tonight with bobbiwoz and her husband Tom. Loved finally getting to meet them. The last two trips I have missed them by one or two days, but we made it this time. Both of us are at SSR so that made it very easy.

We were fortunate to meet Bobbiwoz back in Dec. and gave her a ride back to BWV. Such a sweet soul, I feel all the more blessed to know her. Same way I feel about you and Kati too:-)

Kathy, Tom and I had delicious meals at The Turf Club. It was wonderful to finally meet her in person. I loved hearing about her family, Texas, her travels. We have to do it again!

When we do DCL cruises, we try to always participate in an exchange and possibly meet up with some Disboard folks. The in person meetings make the trip special. I am so happy to be a Groupie because taking the time to have a meal, or share an experience lets us connect in the real world, and it is special to have friends all over! I smile more on DCL cruises, and at WDW when we have these meets!

Kathy, Tom and I had delicious meals at The Turf Club. It was wonderful to finally meet her in person. I loved hearing about her family, Texas, her travels. We have to do it again!

Gotta love those mini-meets! We enjoy the Big Honkin Groupie Meets a lot, but also enjoy meeting up with Groupies in any number! I've lost track of how many mini-meets we've had over the years, but I do know we had a great time every time! :thumbsup2

Gotta love those mini-meets! We enjoy the Big Honkin Groupie Meets a lot, but also enjoy meeting up with Groupies in any number! I've lost track of how many mini-meets we've had over the years, but I do know we had a great time every time! :thumbsup2

Kati and I were one of those mini-meets with y'all!!! Love them.

When we do DCL cruises, we try to always participate in an exchange and possibly meet up with some Disboard folks. The in person meetings make the trip special. I am so happy to be a Groupie because taking the time to have a meal, or share an experience lets us connect in the real world, and it is special to have friends all over! I smile more on DCL cruises, and at WDW when we have these meets!

Yes, smiles and more! Loved the time together. Enjoy your cruise.

We were fortunate to meet Bobbiwoz back in Dec. and gave her a ride back to BWV. Such a sweet soul, I feel all the more blessed to know her. Same way I feel about you and Kati too:-)

I think we missed that one in December by a day, and thank you kind sir for the sentiment!

Hoping all Groupies enjoy their week-end! Any special activities? We'll be attending a birthday party for a dear family friend who will celebrate his 90th.

Gotta love Groupie meets! Big, small, love them all! JT we overlap by 1 day in October.....

Hoping all Groupies enjoy their week-end! Any special activities? We'll be attending a birthday party for a dear family friend who will celebrate his 90th.

Gotta love Groupie meets! Big, small, love them all! JT we overlap by 1 day in October.....

Wow 90, what a milestone! I'll personally be getting ready for my son to return for the school year so lots of cleaning to be done. I use his room as a place to store extra stuff during the summer so I'll have to clear that out. Plus my boyfriend and I are going to see a comedian tomorrow night. We haven't done that in a while so I'm really looking forward to it. Just got my mom's birthday presents dealt with so feeling rather accomplished today!

250px-Disney%27s_Wilderness_Lodge_logo.svg.png

Just because I can. . .

Oh wow Granny! What a reminder of the changes! Yes, I miss that. :love:

Me too! That picture was taken in 2003. Those trees in front of the pool got quite a bit larger over the years and blocked much of the pool view. Here's a picture taken in 2015 that shows how much those trees grew in 12 years!

VWL 2015.jpg

Edited to add...I found some pictures from 2006, and see that some of the trees had already grown to pretty much the height shown in the picture above. So we can look forward with hope that the newly planted trees will shoot up in a similar manner! :)

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
I went into work on my off-Friday today because I want to take some PB on Sept 1. As I was getting into my car, I heard the distant sound of a train whistle. There's only one train close enough - The Walt Disney World Railroad. Talk about a warm fuzzy. After I did some moving boxes later in the day, we headed to the Magic Kingdom for dinner and a ride on the train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter