• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

In resort - TOTWL. The honorable mentions are Geyser Pt, Territory Lg (as long as not filled with families waiting for AP) and Crew's Cup Lounge at YC. It's evolved and changed over the years. At one time, pre-BLT, the Outer Rim lounge was my go to if looking for a libation.

In park - we just don't much but my new favorite is the Brown Derby's outdoor bar seating.

If I were in the parks I'd enjoy the reduction in crowds. If it was pouring before we headed out? I'd stay in.
Ditto.
I'm just going to let Kathy answer all the questions for me 🤣
* Exception to Brown Derby, to which I've never had the pleasure of being seated at. I will have to replace that with Oga's. I adore the environment and entertainment.

Ditto.
I'm just going to let Kathy answer all the questions for me 🤣
* Exception to Brown Derby, to which I've never had the pleasure of being seated at. I will have to replace that with Oga's. I adore the environment and entertainment.

We could take turns answering for each other! :teeth:

We hadn't tried the Brown Derby seating because it seemed complicated, busy etc but now that we have we'll keep doing it. Only done it twice now but it was really nice both times. Last trip it was soooooooo busy at DHS (RoTR was open) and they told us the wait time would be 1 1/2 hours. We still put our name in since we were waiting for our boarding group to be called so were just hanging out anyway. Figured we'd walk and if we found something else we'd pull our names but by the time we hit the restrooms and were going to wander we got our text. 10 minutes instead of 90. :cool1:

I'm pretty sure that before the pandemic hit, they had re-instated the flag family event. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought they had started it back up again? Could just be my senility?
I spoke with Ranger Jack back in Dec and he said they were working on trying to get it back. Have not heard if they did or not but would love it if they do. Would love to take my Grandson up there once he is old enough to appreciate

Its pouring rain outside, you have 2 days left in your vacation at WDW. Do you go hit that park, because it will be empty, or, do you hang out at the Lodge? And why?

We were in the MK on Main Street when the skies opened up. We were soaked and froze when we went in the shops, but IT WAS AWESOME. GO TO THE PARKS

Its pouring rain outside, you have 2 days left in your vacation at WDW. Do you go hit that park, because it will be empty, or, do you hang out at the Lodge? And why?

We would both be inclined to hang out in the Lodge. I always have something to read, and the first floor area with fireplaces would call me. DH could always find something to watch on TV, or I hope he could!

We have been there many times, and we are not fans of walking around in wet shoes.

Like most others, if we were at the park, we'd stay and hopefully get some great wait times. We don't mind being a little wet, especially if it's warm outside. Our trip to the World in December was another matter. We didn't even last the evening at MVMCP because it was raining the entire time. Additionally, if we were at the Lodge and it was a steady rain, we stay put.

In other news, it looks as though we'll be in a new home come mid-September. . .at HHI. More to come later!

In summer with the warm rains I have no problem going to the parks. I've learned to pack a pair of sandals as well as two bags for wet/dry items. You bet I get wet and I love it. I just don't like hitting the A/C with a wet shirt on. (Looking at you Dinosaur!)

In the colder months I'll opt to stay warm and dry. Mist is okay, but when it downpours I'm best off resort hopping or just leave me in front of a fireplace with a drink, blanket and my iPad.

I don't really have a definite answer to the rain question because it would depend on our FPs and ADRs and the time of year. We haven't been early morning park people in a long time and there have been times when it's pouring when we've sat on our balcony, delayed going to a park, and just watched and listened to the rain. If I could rearrange our plans, I might consider staying at the resort, but not if we have unused days on our tickets or an impossible to get FP on either day.

Tremors or aftershock here from a 5.1 earthquake in Sparta NC. We are maybe 2 hrs away from that area. Folks in Atlanta and Ohio felt it too. Our cuckoo clock that hasn't worked in years and glass doors shaking were our 1st indicator, then the floor shook. Casey was still in his water bed and said it felt like he was on a Disney cruise :rotfl2:

What next 2020? Lord, just come and take us Home:goodvibes

Tremors or aftershock here from a 5.1 earthquake in Sparta NC. We are maybe 2 hrs away from that area. Folks in Atlanta and Ohio felt it too. Our cuckoo clock that hasn't worked in years and glass doors shaking were our 1st indicator, then the floor shook. Casey was still in his water bed and said it felt like he was on a Disney cruise :rotfl2:

Yep, we're even closer, maybe 15-18 miles as the crow flies. What a ride! Having spent a total of 8 years between AK and CA during my career, I knew immediately upon hearing the beginning of the "boom" what was happening. One picture fell over on a shelf, but nothing else happened to/in our house. It's been nearly 20 years since I felt a shaker that strong.

Wow! An east coast 5.1 - that's crazy. Nice that Casey got a little Disney out of it! :laughing:

And did you get anything from the hurricane as it headed up the coast? I missed it if you had mentioned earlier.

And did you get anything from the hurricane as it headed up the coast? I missed it if you had mentioned earlier.
Our immediate area got little rain, hardly no wind. East of us, near coast and back towards us maybe 2 hrs, not so much. Lots of flooding

We are getting down to crunch time in making decisions about possible upcoming trips to WDW. Just wondering who else is in the same boat?

Aug 11 is final day to decide, do we get a refund for AP or let it slide and hope for best case scenario...for us, best case scenario is keep AP's intact, push as far as we can to the final month, which for us is mid March and hope, fingers crossed that things open back up, airline restrictions refrain a bit(though we can drive, but already have SW credits that we would really like to use), WDW restrictions let up on mask wearing(we all have our personal issues, mines not a discomfort issue, its truly a health issue with asthma). I feel like DVC, in some capacity, will still be available with accommodations at that point, and Im stretching it out as far as possible, waiting to see as things starting booking up. Our decision is based on this, loss of best use of AP vs. loss of DVC points, if put in system, then not used. Loss of points would be more devastating financially than AP for us.

Each of us has personal feelings about Covid 19 and how it affects our lives, so I dont mean to bring up anything in regards to causing an argument about that. Its more in to how we deal with it in regards to our DVC points, as we all know, we are big WDW and WL lovers. Other world problems are far more important than this, but this is a place I feel I can reach out and get honest answers without fear of repercussion or your answers being reprimanded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter