VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Kathy...well you never know! :P

I'm thinking that they will be building some DVC cabins at a location on the aerial picture along the holding pond to the right of the main parking area. Hey, if there's an unclaimed spec of land near water I expect Disney to put DVC villas there! They could probably clear out some more trees and call them castle view classification. :tink:

Not to mention they could put a monorail station there and really jack up the points!!

:scratchin

I wouldn't be surprised for Disney to try and at least squeak out a Fireworks view classification for all the cabins on the north side. Lake view for the other cabins by VWL.

I wouldn't be surprised for Disney to try and at least squeak out a Fireworks view classification for all the cabins on the north side. Lake view for the other cabins by VWL.

The certainly might do that but my guess is they won't want to split 26 cabin villas into two classifications. I do agree that they may have to reclassify VWL into Lake View and Woods (Bus stop) View categories. It all makes for interesting grist for the mill.

:earsboy::earsgirl:Happy Anniversary Sleepydog & Luvvwl!!!:earsgirl::earsboy:

Using what I call VWL Groupie Green for the two of you on your special day! :tink:

The certainly might do that but my guess is they won't want to split 26 cabin villas into two classifications. I do agree that they may have to reclassify VWL into Lake View and Woods (Bus stop) View categories. It all makes for interesting grist for the mill.

My thought is that they won't be too concerned about doing a split for the cabins. If look at them like GV's they've definitely done it in the past and with lower villa counts. BLT has 14 GV's and it's split 6 TPV and 8 LV. AKV has 2 standard view GV's as does Aulani. SSR is about to get a split in their GV's to standard and preferred. OKW has 1 or 2 GV's in the HH section. When it's the "expensive" options I think they like for people to be booked someplace specific rather than complaining about where they are assigned. For what they'll do with the studios thru 2BR's at VWL I'm not certain but I'm inclined to think they won't make categories. Even though my destiny is to be bus side I'm still hoping that they don't. It wouldn't be quite the same breath holding at check in if I've already known for months ahead that the elusive lake side is where I was headed. :laughing:

Wishing our very own Sleepy and Luv a very Happy Anniversary!:hug:

Happy Anniversary Sleepy(Slydog)and Luv!!!!
Used some VWL brown to go with KATS VWL green

Using what I call VWL Groupie Green for the two of you on your special day! :tink:

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend. Back to work today.

Forgot to mention I was looking at the MDE app on Sat. & saw that something didn't look right for our Dec. reservation so I called MS to confirm. Our wait list for a full week at BLT came through! :jumping1: We never received the email notice & I was so shocked to see it I didn't believe it. :laughing: I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell of that reservation coming through but I'm happy to be wrong.

My thought is that they won't be too concerned about doing a split for the cabins. If look at them like GV's they've definitely done it in the past and with lower villa counts. BLT has 14 GV's and it's split 6 TPV and 8 LV. AKV has 2 standard view GV's as does Aulani. SSR is about to get a split in their GV's to standard and preferred. OKW has 1 or 2 GV's in the HH section. When it's the "expensive" options I think they like for people to be booked someplace specific rather than complaining about where they are assigned. For what they'll do with the studios thru 2BR's at VWL I'm not certain but I'm inclined to think they won't make categories. Even though my destiny is to be bus side I'm still hoping that they don't. It wouldn't be quite the same breath holding at check in if I've already known for months ahead that the elusive lake side is where I was headed. :laughing:

Your points, as always, are well considered and most likely will be true. Of course, if they don't cut down the tree line that runs along the shore then none of them will have much of a view!

Forgot to mention I was looking at the MDE app on Sat. & saw that something didn't look right for our Dec. reservation so I called MS to confirm. Our wait list for a full week at BLT came through! :jumping1: We never received the email notice & I was so shocked to see it I didn't believe it. :laughing: I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell of that reservation coming through but I'm happy to be wrong.

That's great news! So happy for you! I'm always glad to hear when waitlists work. :)

Your points, as always, are well considered and most likely will be true. Of course, if they don't cut down the tree line that runs along the shore then none of them will have much of a view!

The speculating can be fun. Of course, I'm not understanding nor agreeing with most of DVC's decisions recently so figure it will be the opposite! :rotfl2:

Wishing our very own Sleepy and Luv a very Happy Anniversary!:hug:

Happy Anniversary Sleepy(Slydog)and Luv!!!!
Used some VWL brown to go with KATS VWL green

party:Sleepy & Luv - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! party:

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend. Back to work today.

:dogdance: Happy Anniversary SlyDog & Luv !!! :dogdance:

Happy Anniversary, Sleepy and Luv! Here's to many more.
Thanks for all the well wishes on our special day. We're youngsters in terms of how long we've been married compared to many of you, but we're every bit as grateful for the years we've had together. No matter when you meet, love transcends all. I've had many joyous and memorable times in my life, yet most of the very best ones have come since I met Chris. I am one extremely fortunate soul. Again, thanks for remembering us and for continuing to make this Groupies thread the friendliest and most family-like forum on the DIS.

Our trip to HHI was extremely relaxing, and though we had a beachfront room at the Marriott (our Disney waitlist never came through), we didn't spend a huge amount of time on the beach. We did eat our way around the island and walked quite a bit, too. We've some recommendations for places to eat if anyone is ever interested--best seafood boil/steamer pot, best fried oysters, etc. The best meal came on the evening of the 4th (which was our last night at HHI so served as our anniversary meal) where we dined at OMBRA Cucina Rustica. THE best place for Italian at HHI. We ate there two years ago, also on our anniversary, and returned this year. I sneaked some flowers to the table by calling a florist a few days before we arrived, and OMBRA had them waiting when we arrived. We also were comped a Prosecco aperitif and dessert which was a special touch by the staff. Chris had the antipasti and I the poached pear w/gorgonzola and pine nuts salad as appetizers. We followed that with linguine de mer for her while I chowed down on the tagliatelle Bolognese, both exceptional. We paired all this was a bottle of Valpolicella Ripasse, a soft, dry red that embraces Italian sauces like a glove. We opted not to order dessert since we were full but got them anyway when our server brought them out as a gift from the restaurant for our anniversary (hers--zabaglione with fresh local fruit; mine--molten chocolate souffle cake with vanilla gelato and berries). Oh, my, they were delicious! As we finished, our server came to the table and struck up a conversation about a frequent patron to the restaurant who on occasion would anonymously cover the bill of other diners. At one point, apparently he/she paid for a table of 11! We remarked how delightful that was. . .to which our server replied that the patron had paid for our meal. :faint: We were shocked, and frankly, it made us both teary-eyed. Speechless we were for several seconds, and even as I type this, trying to wrap my mind around the graciousness and generosity of this act is difficult. We've no clue who it was, nor does the person want to be known. There's no way to adequately thank anyone for such a gesture, so luv and I have decided that we'll pay it forward one day as our way of honoring the intent of our benefactor. What a way to end our time at HHI, eh? We're back home and back to work today, but what glorious memories we made!

In other news, Ottawagreg is at the World now, and he has promised to send along pics for me to post. . .if I can figure out how to do that. Methinks that task might be one for the more tech-minded luv. :love::worship:

Thanks for all the well wishes on our special day. We're youngsters in terms of how long we've been married compared to many of you, but we're every bit as grateful for the years we've had together. No matter when you meet, love transcends all. I've had many joyous and memorable times in my life, yet most of the very best ones have come since I met Chris. I am one extremely fortunate soul. Again, thanks for remembering us and for continuing to make this Groupies thread the friendliest and most family-like forum on the DIS.

Our trip to HHI was extremely relaxing, and though we had a beachfront room at the Marriott (our Disney waitlist never came through), we didn't spend a huge amount of time on the beach. We did eat our way around the island and walked quite a bit, too. We've some recommendations for places to eat if anyone is ever interested--best seafood boil/steamer pot, best fried oysters, etc. The best meal came on the evening of the 4th (which was our last night at HHI so served as our anniversary meal) where we dined at OMBRA Cucina Rustica. THE best place for Italian at HHI. We ate there two years ago, also on our anniversary, and returned this year. I sneaked some flowers to the table by calling a florist a few days before we arrived, and OMBRA had them waiting when we arrived. We also were comped a Prosecco aperitif and dessert which was a special touch by the staff. Chris had the antipasti and I the poached pear w/gorgonzola and pine nuts salad as appetizers. We followed that with linguine de mer for her while I chowed down on the tagliatelle Bolognese, both exceptional. We paired all this was a bottle of Valpolicella Ripasse, a soft, dry red that embraces Italian sauces like a glove. We opted not to order dessert since we were full but got them anyway when our server brought them out as a gift from the restaurant for our anniversary (hers--zabaglione with fresh local fruit; mine--molten chocolate souffle cake with vanilla gelato and berries). Oh, my, they were delicious! As we finished, our server came to the table and struck up a conversation about a frequent patron to the restaurant who on occasion would anonymously cover the bill of other diners. At one point, apparently he/she paid for a table of 11! We remarked how delightful that was. . .to which our server replied that the patron had paid for our meal. :faint: We were shocked, and frankly, it made us both teary-eyed. Speechless we were for several seconds, and even as I type this, trying to wrap my mind around the graciousness and generosity of this act is difficult. We've no clue who it was, nor does the person want to be known. There's no way to adequately thank anyone for such a gesture, so luv and I have decided that we'll pay it forward one day as our way of honoring the intent of our benefactor. What a way to end our time at HHI, eh? We're back home and back to work today, but what glorious memories we made!

In other news, Ottawagreg is at the World now, and he has promised to send along pics for me to post. . .if I can figure out how to do that. Methinks that task might be one for the more tech-minded luv. :love::worship:

Patrick...so glad to hear that your trip to HHI was a wonderful one. I know where that Marriott is...a very nice location and a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing your story of your anniversary meal. It sounded delicious, and what a cool surprise to find that it had been paid for! I think your idea of paying it forward is a great one. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing Greg's pix from WDW. I know you can figure out how to post them! :)

Happy Anniversary Sly and Luv!!!!

And Happy Birthday to all I missed!

I hope you don't mind me popping in once in a while. I read an article this AM about a documentary that I want to see and thought those of you who like to watch them, might be interested in. It is called Life, Animated and here is the article
Life, Animated

Director: Roger Ross Williams

Someone commented at the screening that this was a good title. Ron Suskind, a writer for the Wall Street Journal, and his wife noticed, early on, that their younger son was not functioning to age level and seemed to be blocked off from normal routes of communication and interaction.

Owen Suskind, the subject of this immersive family saga that reads larger than one family’s herculean effort to rescue their child from the closed prison of autism, is a good-looking, active boy until autism makes its appearance at 3. The remarkable aspect of this family and boy’s fight to become an integrated person holding a job, able to interact, and capable of reasonable assisted function for most intents and purposes as non-challenged youth do, is the magic. Obsessively watching beloved Disney cartoon figures, how they speak, walk, handle crises, enabled Owen to cross-link life with how the Disney animated characters in all these much loved films portrayed life and interactions.

Other needed skills accreted, with showings and work with professionals and those amazing, loving parents. Disney became the tool of choice for dozens of autistic youth, presided over by a thrilled Owen in home and institutional showings.

Remarkably, across the country, the same phenomenon has been noted, with youth of both genders being roused by the empathic characters in these moral tales of animals and humans.

Autism used to be a relatively rare disorder. It has become ever more prevalent in our society, now closing on one autistic child in under 100. For most, there is no cure. Its etiology and sometimes its course are still not well understood, though progress is being made. Slowly.

We were initially leery of seeing the film, but by the end, there was an audience full of smiling, delighted viewers, whose enthusiasm was heightened even more by the thrill of meeting the late-20s Owen and his loving, persevering family, and some of the doc film principals. Even without the vivacious Owen and company, the sentient adult cannot help but admire this rather amazing trajectory from darkness and shutdown to swimmingly present and functional.

And the film reminds us all how fraught with adversity, crisis, and obstacles everyday life is. Owen is not alone in wishing, along with Peter Pan, that he could live forever in the protected cocoon of childhood.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/two_worthy_documentaries.html#ixzz4DdozVFAf
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Have a great Hump Day Groupies!

Muush

Barb, you know you are welcome here all the time, once a groupie, always a groupie! We dont let you out of the club that easy:D

Sleepy, sounds like a great time was had at HHI and some wonderful memories made:-)

I thank you for the Mr Rogers reference, sleepydog25.

I saw a reference to a meet Dec. 12, and I'll be at BWV on the 12th. Would like to attend!
Hi Bobbiwoz,

I just made my reservations for this time period and would love to join you! Will that be OK?

Just had a funny thing happen - I know I'm a laid back planner (compared to some it qualifies as no planning and yet I'm the one everyone relies on to plan our trips!) and as a DVC owner am often booking close to the vacation and usually just waiting on dining etc. I'll make FP reservations for things that are more difficult to get but will often move them around even after arrival. About the only thing I am known to do is to book special events that I know can and will fill up.

What does this mean? That I got a surprise today to see I booked some dining reservations for Sept! I must have had a "moment" a few months back! :rotfl2:

Hi Bobbiwoz,

I just made my reservations for this time period and would love to join you! Will that be OK?

Hi Patricia!

Groupies, Patricia and I met on last year's DVC Members Cruise, ( and we're cabin mates on this year's MC) and she just decided to come to WDW in December and will be with my sister and me at the Wave. I'm sure you'll be welcoming, I told her it will be the first time I'll be able to attend a meet! Muushka and I met on DCL a few years ago.

Bobbi

Just had a funny thing happen - I know I'm a laid back planner (compared to some it qualifies as no planning and yet I'm the one everyone relies on to plan our trips!) and as a DVC owner am often booking close to the vacation and usually just waiting on dining etc. I'll make FP reservations for things that are more difficult to get but will often move them around even after arrival. About the only thing I am known to do is to book special events that I know can and will fill up.

What does this mean? That I got a surprise today to see I booked some dining reservations for Sept! I must have had a "moment" a few months back! :rotfl2:
Laid back is the best way too go!! When we tell people sometimes we get into the park at 4pm only to leave around 6pm, they look at us like we are crazy:crazy:If you think that gets a crazy look, an even crazier one is telling folks somedays we dont go to the parks at all. Thats all out blasphemy in some peoples eyes:duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter