Waitlist Hope?

congratulations OP on your waitlist fulfilling! am I the only one who loves waitlist success stories??

piggybacking off of this thread ...does it really take MS 5-7 business days to merge reservations? last month I decided on a whim to head to WDW for Mem Day weekend and thanks to the tips on this board I was able to grab single nights in a BWV p/g studio by stalking and waitlisting. chatted to ask that the reservations be combined and was just curious about the 5-7 business days being accurate.

thanks again for all the tips on this board, it's really an invaluable resource to help newbie members like me get the most from membership!
Yes, when I asked them to merge reservations I already thought they had forgotten about it be used it never happened. It was well over a week.

Even if a person is waitlisted, can it be faster to keep looking on their own? I mean, if something pops up that could satisfy a waitlist request, does it happen immediately or does it sit open for a period of time so someone could swoop in and grab it?

Even if a person is waitlisted, can it be faster to keep looking on their own? I mean, if something pops up that could satisfy a waitlist request, does it happen immediately or does it sit open for a period of time so someone could swoop in and grab it?

It can be faster depending on what you want. The system runs against waitlists, but we don’t believe it’s constant.

So rooms have shown back up. It’s also happened, many times where I found out I had a match after stalking. It meant that more than one room has shown up and I had actually gotten it but CM had not processed.

I also stalk when I have more than one night waitlisted and grab if any show up and then amend the waitlist.

I just linked my Reservations. I had 4 different reservations munbers. 3 single days and 1 ( 4day). The CM said they will use the 4day confirmation number for all nights and will be about 5 days. Checked email the next day and it was already done.

I have been very successful with BW P/G view studios in October for 8-10 nights. However, I usually book what is available, have two WL for 1-2 days each and stalk.

This year, I have 9 nights in a one bedroom at BWVs from October 17-26 and was able to get 8 nights and stalked to get the October 17 night. I had a WL in but found with stalking. One bedrooms are much easier than studios but if you
make it a point to stalk, I would think your chances of 4 nights would become available, even if doing piecemeal.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter