Waitlist Hope?

IMarriedMyEllie

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
Howdy Disney Peeps! I have waitlisted at the 7 month mark for BW. At what point should I lose hope that this waitlist will be fulfilled with our request for BW (Early October)? Can you share at what point (months leading to your stay) your waitlist was fulfilled?

Thanks!

I haven't waitlisted there but could you expand your question so others could help?

Did you waitlist a Studio, 1 Bed 2 bedroom?
Standard, Pool/Garden, or Boardwalk?

Pool Garden view has the most rooms in all categories

To add, how many days is your waitlist? The more days you have, the harder it will be. I can say that early October for BWV is very difficult to get....however, I have had better luck with a combination of waitlisting and stalking the website, and having to get the 1 bedroom and in my case, I only needed three nights.

Hopefully you have already booked your home resort as a backup plan? I've had various waitlists come thru at all different times throughout the 6 months leading up to my reservation (I usually have it set to cancel 30 days out). I really don't think there would be a "usual time" or predicatable time on when they usually come thru. I've had them come thru within a week and some within 3 or 4 months.

All great clarifying questions!

1. I have requested a garden view/pool view studio for 4 nights.
2. Yes, my SS studio is booked but will be replaced by BW waitlist if done before 30 days out.

Well you definitely selected the right view type. You may want to try @Sandisw suggestion and break it up into smaller sections and then have MS link the reservations. (You will have a 60 day window on ADR's for each one though ☹️ )

I am not sure what you mean by breaking it up in pieces? Also 60 day ADR window for each one?

If rooms are still available for SSR, you could change your current trip to two night trips and then put in two waitlists…one of each set of nights.

Those waitlists would have a better chance of filling because they are shorter.

Or, if you have extra points in your account you can do the same thing for a few nights and then adjust the waitlist to cancel when the nights fill.

I just did this for December. I had two nights in a 1 bedroom booked at RIV. I wanted to change to a studio. So I had to waitlist and had it set to replace the 1 bedroom.

Then, one of the two nights showed up so I booked it..had points to do it…., canceled the original two night waitlist and changed it to one night to cancel the nights in the 1 bedroom.

A week later it filled because I know needed only one night.

Instead of 1 reservation for 4 nights, make 2 reservations of 2 nights for example.

You would then have 2 ADR 60 day windows.

Our worry would be that we ended up with a split stay. We are more interested in getting to a location and settling than repacking to get a preferred location.
If the reservations have the same room type/view and are under the same membership, you can have MS merge the reservations into one single reservation.

Our worry would be that we ended up with a split stay. We are more interested in getting to a location and settling than repacking to get a preferred location.

That definitely needs to be considered, We do split stays and don’t mind them. But, if one is not open to that, then it is definitely better to waitlist it all because the worst would be two nights at one and two at the other.

congratulations OP on your waitlist fulfilling! am I the only one who loves waitlist success stories??

piggybacking off of this thread ...does it really take MS 5-7 business days to merge reservations? last month I decided on a whim to head to WDW for Mem Day weekend and thanks to the tips on this board I was able to grab single nights in a BWV p/g studio by stalking and waitlisting. chatted to ask that the reservations be combined and was just curious about the 5-7 business days being accurate.

thanks again for all the tips on this board, it's really an invaluable resource to help newbie members like me get the most from membership!

For awhile, it was taking up to a week for reservations to be merged. Now, it's happening the same or next day for the most part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter