Walmart Kills Savings Catcher Effective May 14th 2019

BridgetBordeaux

DIS Veteran
Just got the email.
I was not pleased when they changed their procedure a while ago.
Now they are getting rid of the whole thing

I emailed them to express my displeasure (as if they will care). I specifically go there for that reason and let them know that my local grocery store has a money off gas Rewards, which I will now use much more often.

I was already on the fence about using Walmart anymore, since most of rebate apps are connect to my grocery cards, that pretty much made it easy for me to avoid Walmart unless, I need a quick stop with their pick up service. I used to save that money for my trips to Disney so we could get our food for the week from them. I will use my ibotta money instead.

I stopped using savings catcher once they forced you into using Walmart pay. I'll use Walmart pay if I am in the store, but I use the pickup service for the bulk of our stuff, so it meant little benefit to me. I have a lot of friends who still shop in store though who are pretty upset though. They redid my Aldi and now it carries so much more, that honestly I am considering going back there for 80% of what I need and maybe using instacart for them when I need it.

I was not happy about forcing us to use Walmart Pay. I actually stopped participating when that change occurred.
You have a good point.....lots of accounts have been established now.
Me too. And I still have money on a walmart gift card that can only be used through the pay app I think. was going to use it once to use up the $ but I always forget.
Aldi's has expanded around here too. and our Hyvee runs fuel point perks often, and I drive alot for work so more worth it to get cheap gas.

I stopped using once they switched into Walmart Pay. I only shopped there maybe two or three times since then.

Then I just went in yesterday for a few things. They are now checking your receipt at the door, nope not happening. Walmart isn't a club store, they don't need to check anything. I will now just be shopping at Meijer across the street and other local stores.

I stopped using once they switched into Walmart Pay. I only shopped there maybe two or three times since then.

Then I just went in yesterday for a few things. They are now checking your receipt at the door, nope not happening. Walmart isn't a club store, they don't need to check anything. I will now just be shopping at Meijer across the street and other local stores.
I had seen in the news where a bunch of special needs employees were going to be out of work. Walmart was going away with their greeters and requiring their front attendants to check receipts, among other things.

I used to shop at the Neighborhood Market but got agitated as to how they never open the regular cash registers and make you use the self checkouts. I don't have an issue with self checkouts but the ones at Walmart are always more complicated compared to other stores for some reason. But they don't provide you enough space for bagging if you have a cart full of groceries. So I just gave up shopping there.

My Walmart checks receipts with a scanner IF there are things not bagged. I caught onto that little trick and put everything in a bag-I don't care if it is a big item with a handle, or not. :rotfl:

They are now checking your receipt at the door, nope not happening.

They started doing this at my Wal Mart. I just say "No thank you" and keep moving. I feel badly, because usually it is an elderly person. But I am not going to allow it. I know it's what I signed up for when shopping at Costco. But I don't owe Wal Mart anything.

They started doing this at my Wal Mart. I just say "No thank you" and keep moving. I feel badly, because usually it is an elderly person. But I am not going to allow it. I know it's what I signed up for when shopping at Costco. But I don't owe Wal Mart anything.

What? I never thought to deny anyone the 10 seconds it takes for them to glance at my receipt. It’s annoying, but they’re just trying to do their job.

What? I never thought to deny anyone the 10 seconds it takes for them to glance at my receipt. It’s annoying, but they’re just trying to do their job.
My receipt is on my phone (Walmart Pay). My phone is immediately placed in my purse for me to walk out to my car. There are 3 people already in line, waiting for their receipts to be checked. I just want to leave. And that's what I do.

My receipt is on my phone (Walmart Pay). My phone is immediately placed in my purse for me to walk out to my car. There are 3 people already in line, waiting for their receipts to be checked. I just want to leave. And that's what I do.

Yeah. That’s cool. I just never thought about it. Novel idea to me. And admittedly I have no idea what Walmart pay is, which plays a big part in this scenario and it makes more sense why you’d decline. :)

Yeah. That’s cool. I just never thought about it. Novel idea to me. And admittedly I have no idea what Walmart pay is, which plays a big part in this scenario and it makes more sense why you’d decline. :)
And I promise I am not mean:goodvibes I do feel badly because it is usually an elderly person. But I smile and say "No thank you" and keep going in a hurry. There are YouTube videos of people looking for a challenge. That is not me. I just keep moving. Security hasn't followed me...yet:rotfl:

If I have something large that is not in a bag (rare) I DO stop. I do feel I owe an explanation. But if everything is tucked neatly in bags and paid for, shame on Wal Mart for putting their workers in a position to stop people. Legally, you can keep going.

And I promise I am not mean:goodvibes I do feel badly because it is usually an elderly person. But I smile and say "No thank you" and keep going in a hurry. There are YouTube videos of people looking for a challenge. That is not me. I just keep moving. Security hasn't followed me...yet:rotfl:

If I have something large that is not in a bag (rare) I DO stop. I do feel I owe an explanation. But if everything is tucked neatly in bags and paid for, shame on Wal Mart for putting their workers in a position to stop people. Legally, you can keep going.

Lol. I googled this last night and saw the challenge was a thing! They can legally detain a suspected shoplifter but the accused could sue for false imprisonment. Crazy.

Also, I didn’t think you were mean. :) Just had no clue receipt check could be denied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter