• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does Swan/Dolphin get the 60 FP option and if so how do you link the reservation to your MDE?

Yes, S&D guests receive 60 day FP+. Be sure all members of your party are listed on the reservation--names not just "guest 2", etc. Once the S&D have placed that information in the system (they upload it to Disney), wait 24-48 hours and then link your reservation in MDE as you would any other reservation by using your reservation number. The key is to have all party members' names listed on the room(s) as you would do when you make a Disney reservation.

Last edited:

what I have done and has worked seamlessly - you don't need to give names to the swan & dolphin - set up your family's names in MDE BEFORE inputting your confirmation information. Then tell them - 2 adults, 2 children, whatever - when booking. When you input your confirmation into MDE you can attach the confirmation to any guests on your family list. I've never given them names of my family members. I feel like it's too confusing and easy to mess up when I am citing names over the phone.

what I have done and has worked seamlessly - you don't need to give names to the swan & dolphin - set up your family's names in MDE BEFORE inputting your confirmation information. Then tell them - 2 adults, 2 children, whatever - when booking. When you input your confirmation into MDE you can attach the confirmation to any guests on your family list. I've never given them names of my family members. I feel like it's too confusing and easy to mess up when I am citing names over the phone.

We are staying at the Swan the first 2 nights this visit, then we are moving to the POLY, so our 60 days would be 3 days later.

The Swan reservation has 2 rooms - 2 adults/1 child in each room but only 1 reservation number. Can I NOW attach the reservation number to my MDE since the POLY reservation already shows up with 2 separate rooms/reservation numbers for the same people.

I just want to be able to book the first 2 days FP , at 60 days, off our tickets (they are separate tickets not a Disney Pkg.).

Sorry to be so confusing but I want to have this fixed by the 60 days coming in Sept.

We are staying at the Swan the first 2 nights this visit, then we are moving to the POLY, so our 60 days would be 3 days later.

The Swan reservation has 2 rooms - 2 adults/1 child in each room but only 1 reservation number. Can I NOW attach the reservation number to my MDE since the POLY reservation already shows up with 2 separate rooms/reservation numbers for the same people.

I just want to be able to book the first 2 days FP , at 60 days, off our tickets (they are separate tickets not a Disney Pkg.).

Sorry to be so confusing but I want to have this fixed by the 60 days coming in Sept.
I've never had two rooms on a confirmation - but I would imagine it would work the same - assuming you have all people in MDE (can anyone else vouch for that?)

BOTH rooms are on the same reservation number, under my husband's name, because we used his discount for both rooms at the Swan. Disney had to be 2 separate with everyone named on each room. :)

That must be a newer convenience that wasn't available to us when our kids/larger group were visiting. When I would add the reservation in MDE, it would link, but only the named guest on the reservation could be added. You could not add from your friends & family list. I always had to dilly around with contacting S&D guest services and have them add all the names to the reservation, wait--sometimes contact them again because the information did not properly transfer and wait some more. One year it took several weeks to finally get the correct information to transmit. Very frustrating indeed. In fact, when we were there in June (husband's conference) I had to contact Dolphin guest reservations to get my name added to the reservation. Again, only DH's name showed as the reservation holder and the reservation would link, but only in his name. We have APs, but I didn't want to wait until 30 days out to make FP+ so I went through guest services (only 1 call this time), added my name and it re-linked perfectly. YMMV

When you make reservations with Disney, don't you have to provide all guests' names and ages for each room? We have always had to do that.

Sounds as if that glitch may have been fixed at some point and if so, Great!

That must be a newer convenience that wasn't available to us when our kids/larger group were visiting. When I would add the reservation in MDE, it would link, but only the named guest on the reservation could be added. You could not add from your friends & family list. I always had to dilly around with contacting S&D guest services and have them add all the names to the reservation, wait--sometimes contact them again because the information did not properly transfer and wait some more. One year it took several weeks to finally get the correct information to transmit. Very frustrating indeed. In fact, when we were there in June (husband's conference) I had to contact Dolphin guest reservations to get my name added to the reservation. Again, only DH's name showed as the reservation holder and the reservation would link, but only in his name. We have APs, but I didn't want to wait until 30 days out to make FP+ so I went through guest services (only 1 call this time), added my name and it re-linked perfectly. YMMV

When you make reservations with Disney, don't you have to provide all guests' names and ages for each room? We have always had to do that.

Sounds as if that glitch may have been fixed at some point and if so, Great!
When you make reservations at Disney, technically, i think you are supposed to have all guests names and ages - however, it will give you the option to link the reservation to people in your family list that you often travel with. Since mine have been on my MDE profile for years, they automatically pop up when I go to link a reservation. I booked a Disney reservation & Swolphin reservation this time - and when I went to link the Disney one (I rented points from a DVC owner), I had already provided my guests' names - but then it asked me if they were the same ones in MDE - and a couple of the names didn't match exactly (one said Frank the other said Francis) but I was able to select my family from the MDE list and match up the names .

I have linked my family from my Swolphin reservations twice - once for our Sept 2016 trip (booked in Feb 2016) and the other for my Oct 2017 trip (booked in April '17). I didn't provide them names either time. Only # adults/#children.

When you make reservations at Disney, technically, i think you are supposed to have all guests names and ages - however, it will give you the option to link the reservation to people in your family list that you often travel with. Since mine have been on my MDE profile for years, they automatically pop up when I go to link a reservation. I booked a Disney reservation & Swolphin reservation this time - and when I went to link the Disney one (I rented points from a DVC owner), I had already provided my guests' names - but then it asked me if they were the same ones in MDE - and a couple of the names didn't match exactly (one said Frank the other said Francis) but I was able to select my family from the MDE list and match up the names .

I have linked my family from my Swolphin reservations twice - once for our Sept 2016 trip (booked in Feb 2016) and the other for my Oct 2017 trip (booked in April '17). I didn't provide them names either time. Only # adults/#children.

Much easier! Wish it would have worked for me on any of the occasions. I was unable to pull the family and/or friends' names from the list to attach to the reservation. Then again, we had three separate rooms on one vacation and six adults. All have been in my MDE since inception as well. Unfortunately, DH's name appeared as the primary on all 3 rooms and we could then only add one person to each room leaving 3 stranded. That one was in 2016 (October) and took a great deal of time to resolve. It involved Dolphin GS and Disney IT having a conversation to get it fixed. This June was just a matter of adding my name to the reservation. My DH booked and showed a party of two. When I went to link, it would not allow me to add me because the reservation was for 2, but only listed my DH--no guest2 or name. Another call to Dolphin to add the name and I was able to link.

Based upon other reports heretofore, it doesn't always work as smoothly as you have outlined although it should! Guess I will have to try it out next time we have a visit to S&D. I believe most of our problems were a result of the booking process, i.e., failure to add appropriate names/guests to the reservations AND failure to add the correct number of guests in the room(s).

Hi Guys, quick question. Has anyone tried getting into Disney in an early hours situation WITHOUT the roomkey? I am considering going straight to AK without checking in first, since we are coming from a decent ways away that morning. I have the reservation loaded onto my magic band, but would I still need the roomkey/checked in to make use of the early hour benefit? Dolphin people told me I would, but I figured i'd ask here to see if anyone has experience with that.

Hi Guys, quick question. Has anyone tried getting into Disney in an early hours situation WITHOUT the roomkey? I am considering going straight to AK without checking in first, since we are coming from a decent ways away that morning. I have the reservation loaded onto my magic band, but would I still need the roomkey/checked in to make use of the early hour benefit? Dolphin people told me I would, but I figured i'd ask here to see if anyone has experience with that.
If your reservation is linked to your MDE account, then you'll be able to use your Magic Band and won't need the room key:)

When I booked online (using points), the form asked for number of guests. I put us down for 2 adults and 1 child. I was then able to link to MDE using the res number (can't remember how many days had gone by). I didn't have anyone listed on our family list at the time of linking, and my husband (used his points) was named but the others were guest-2 and guest-3. Instead of linking from family members, it allowed me to type in my name and my daughter's name. So now we seem to have all three of us linked to the reservation. Does it seem like I did this properly and am good to go at 60 days for FP+ reservations? Sorry for beating a dead horse, but I'm spooked by that other user who had issues when the 60 days opened up for her.

Also, are the signature dining options at Dolphin/Swan places you could take a grade-school aged child? My daughter loves steak (expensive taste!), and I'm thinking of treating her to a dinner at Shula's.

When I booked online (using points), the form asked for number of guests. I put us down for 2 adults and 1 child. I was then able to link to MDE using the res number (can't remember how many days had gone by). I didn't have anyone listed on our family list at the time of linking, and my husband (used his points) was named but the others were guest-2 and guest-3. Instead of linking from family members, it allowed me to type in my name and my daughter's name. So now we seem to have all three of us linked to the reservation. Does it seem like I did this properly and am good to go at 60 days for FP+ reservations? Sorry for beating a dead horse, but I'm spooked by that other user who had issues when the 60 days opened up for her.

Also, are the signature dining options at Dolphin/Swan places you could take a grade-school aged child? My daughter loves steak (expensive taste!), and I'm thinking of treating her to a dinner at Shula's.

Have you tried to a "test" FP+ to be sure you are able to do it? Pick a day, add FP+ and see if the names populate and you are able to select them and continue on the end to be sure all goes through. If so, you should be all set. In my scenarios, all was resolved well before 60 days because I began the process soon after booking. I did see the other post where the poster did not know he/she was improperly linked until 60 days.

Have you tried to a "test" FP+ to be sure you are able to do it? Pick a day, add FP+ and see if the names populate and you are able to select them and continue on the end to be sure all goes through. If so, you should be all set. In my scenarios, all was resolved well before 60 days because I began the process soon after booking. I did see the other post where the poster did not know he/she was improperly linked until 60 days.

Fantastic suggestion, @Tess! I'll give that a try to be sure. I have a busy fall and winter ahead, so am trying to do as much planning as I can before-hand so I can "set it and forget it"!

As with most Disney restaurants, they are very accommodating to children. We took our children 4 years ago when they were 7 and 8 and they loved it. I made the mistake of letting them pick whatever they wanted. They split the Surf and Turf- my daughter had the lobster and my son the steak. I believe it was $89. Never do that again...

I've got a question about the in-room coffee... It sounds like it's little pods, like kcups but not :) do they make just one cup each? How easy is it to get more coffee, could we get a bunch from the front desk? My MIL is wanting to know because she is a huge coffee drinker, and keeps saying how 2 years ago at Coronado Springs they brought her a whole bag of coffee when she called for more :)

I've got a question about the in-room coffee... It sounds like it's little pods, like kcups but not :) do they make just one cup each? How easy is it to get more coffee, could we get a bunch from the front desk? My MIL is wanting to know because she is a huge coffee drinker, and keeps saying how 2 years ago at Coronado Springs they brought her a whole bag of coffee when she called for more :)

They are not Kcups like Keurig but little pods like the kind you can buy in the store for Maxwell House (except they are Starbucks). There were 3 in our room when we checked in. We did the don't clean our room but give us points thing (we haven't received our points yet left yesterday so I have to call on that) and each day there was a bag on our door with two more bottles of water and 3 more coffee pods. You can certainly call down for more, no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter