Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Here now. It's crazy busy. Let's just say we came back to the room at 5pm. No toilet paper. Asked at front desk. Came back to room at 9pm. Still no toilet paper. Dh said a manager not housekeeping brought us some. Not one of our better trips so fast, sigh.

Here now. It's crazy busy. Let's just say we came back to the room at 5pm. No toilet paper. Asked at front desk. Came back to room at 9pm. Still no toilet paper. Dh said a manager not housekeeping brought us some. Not one of our better trips so fast, sigh.

We're here now too. Connecting door broken and won't open; balcony door extremely hard to open (they are fixing tomorrow); toothpaste splatters on mirrors. Oh - and they originally quoted us $70 including taxes/fees for the elf tuck in (2 kids), but they presented us with a bill for $96!! Not a great first day here.

Also here now, checked in last night. Left this morning at 6:15am and returned to my room at 11pm. Room not serviced at all.

We're here now too. Connecting door broken and won't open; balcony door extremely hard to open (they are fixing tomorrow); toothpaste splatters on mirrors. Oh - and they originally quoted us $70 including taxes/fees for the elf tuck in (2 kids), but they presented us with a bill for $96!! Not a great first day here.

Also here now, checked in last night. Left this morning at 6:15am and returned to my room at 11pm. Room not serviced at all.
None good for sure. Hope the items are corrected very soon. Bad show.

Last edited:

I'm guessing they are spread pretty thin to not be able to service rooms, OR get toilet paper to a room. I'm also guessing, like it or not - the MLB folks are eating up a lot of resources, and the money they shell out means they get top priority. Doesn't mean that other ppl should go lacking and in need, I'm just thinking that when MLB comes every year, the place is packed, AND crazy money is being thrown around the entire resort, so the top directive might be to bend over backwards for the mlb guests. Again, doesn't mean the other guests should be neglected, but, if you have limited resources (which would be the hotel's fault,) you might have to choose priorities.

No room service - I could make do with towels from the pool, and finding a spot for garbage, and then demanding (strong word for me, but I would GET it) a refund of some sort at checkout.

No toilet paper? Come on, Swan, really? LOL, not sure how I'd handle that with the front desk. I mean, for sure I'd go to a public restroom, take a roll, and then walk through the lobby (preferably in my jammies,) nd then head to the front desk with roll of tp in hand, and explain the situation loudly. Oh, and i bet some of you think I'm kidding.

I'm still a Swan fan and would easily go back. My next trip will either be YC/BC or BW renting dvc, or Swan. No question. Swan is simply a no brainer for us.

@hitchRALB Unless you need to include tickets to get a package deal discount, you should look into purchasing your tickets from Under Cover Tourist or Parksavers. Doing that could save you some money.
Thanks Janice. I have to figure out if my husband will be joining us and when (the reason I need to decide between a package or individual tix). If we go with tix, I’ll defintiley check out those sites!

The baseball meetings were the 10-14. My dh said we couldn't leave a tip today because of the to stuff. The housekeeper left us a beautiful towel sculpture that day but no toilet paper.
They also asked us if we wanted an upgrade to a balcony room for $20 extra when we checked in. We declined. We already paid a fortune for the refundable rate because with me and cancer you never know.
Our room is on the second floor, terrible elevator waits with a side view of friendships and more of bus stop.
One bus went right past us for MK. I think the full MK bus blocked their view.

None good for sure. Hope the items are corrected very soon. Bad show.

Luckily, no issues yesterday - my room was serviced normally.

I had asked at the front desk before I left for the day why my room hadn't been serviced and after speaking to housekeeping she just said it must have been an oversight. They said they'd put extra coffee and water in my room - and they did.

I stayed at the Swan Dec. 6-9. I'm a huge baseball (Red Sox) fan, and was sorry that I was checking out just as the Winter Meetings were starting. After hearing these stories, I'm very glad I missed it. I had an upgraded balcony room on the fifth floor overlooking the west side courtyard, and could see the lights on the walkway to the Dolphin that synced with the holiday music. I couldn't have asked for a better room. I also declined housekeeping, so didn't have any of the issues being reported here. On my second and third day, I had a bag hung on my doorknob with extra coffee and supplies for it. I used the two $5.00 credits to get breakfast at the Java Bar.

I really had a great stay, and I'm sorry to hear about all the problems others have had recently.

Well we left the room at 11 after the great breakfast buffet at the Garden Grove. I didn't like the bacon but everything else was good. Dh went to two other tables to get me some strawberry jelly. One also didn't have any and the other only had two that he took as our server wasn't around much.

At 11am no housekeeping carts were in our hall. At 4pm they were two doors down. We left at five and dh went down to the front desk to ask our room be cleaned. We came back at 10pm and it was done, yay!

I spent 5 nights at Dolphin, 12/13-18, and had a wonderful stay!

The lobby was crazy busy on the 13th with the MLB crowd, but everyone I encountered was very respectful. The only inconvenience to me was that I couldn’t get near the bar! :rotfl:

I’m sorry to read the recent posts of those who had issues during their stays.

Question.... we'll be staying at dolphin in spring, but a family member would like to drive over and visit during the day, is there a place to park nearby(just during day) they don't have to pay? Not trying to skirt rules, but it seems crazy to pay for parking for a day visit with family....

just returned from 3 nights at Dolphin. LOVE the new Fuel place,it's perfect! Also tried breakfast at Picabus for the first time, very good! I also got a not so nice checkin desk person.... I've never had someone sort of just glare at me a bit and act so brusque there.... I did ask if there were any rooms that overlooked any part of the hotel areas, she said sure, but you have to pay to upgrade. (I've never gotten that response before, usually the checkin folks are super nice and helpful) Also a note on housekeeping, checkin person never asked me if I wanted the green program(I did) so that got confusing, our first night,I called down,and they said it was too late to use that day, so I got it for the next night. ThenWe didn't get housekeeping that day anyway! SO I asked one of the very nice housekeepers I found in the hall later for some water and coffee,which she gave me.(but I didn;t get my points) the next day we had the green option,and we had not toilet paper at all left that day, but they didn;t check to add some. They did leave a bag on door with one water and some cups. We called down for tp,and the sent some asap,along with extra waters. I feel like housekeeping was confused this trip. We had fun in the swan boats, now that they're complimentary!

Last edited:
Oh.... I forgot, our room was on the 8th floor, we've gotten an 8th floor room once before,and it wasn't our favorite.( we overlooked the bus stop area,which was fine) Is the entire floor kind of the 'lesser' rooms? Our room was smaller than others we've had in the past,and the bathroom was REALLY tiny,like we couldn't sit on the toilet and close the door at the same time tiny. IS there a way to know ahead of time which rooms on which floors are optimal? Are some larger than others,or am I imagining things? Still LOVE the Dolphin, it's one of my favorite places to be! (when I checked out, it was a long line b/c of a lady pitching a fit about her room,and it took a while for two cm's to assist her to get what she wanted. Wish I had those cm's when I was checking in,I'd never pitch a fit, but they seemed a lot nicer) We have a family stay booked there soon with multiple rooms,and I'd like to give them a heads up about locations etc for regular rooms.

Question.... we'll be staying at dolphin in spring, but a family member would like to drive over and visit during the day, is there a place to park nearby(just during day) they don't have to pay? Not trying to skirt rules, but it seems crazy to pay for parking for a day visit with family....
For a full day, none that I am aware of. For a quick in and out, the circle drive is fine, or if eating at one of the signature restaurants, complimentary parking for several hours.

For a full day, none that I am aware of. For a quick in and out, the circle drive is fine, or if eating at one of the signature restaurants, complimentary parking for several hours.
ok thanks I'll let them know.

If it's not a really busy time of year they may be able to park at the Boardwalk if you have a meal planned there.

Thanks for the feedback.
just returned from 3 nights at Dolphin. LOVE the new Fuel place,it's perfect! Also tried breakfast at Picabus for the first time, very good! I also got a not so nice checkin desk person.... I've never had someone sort of just glare at me a bit and act so brusque there.... I did ask if there were any rooms that overlooked any part of the hotel areas, she said sure, but you have to pay to upgrade. (I've never gotten that response before, usually the checkin folks are super nice and helpful) Also a note on housekeeping, checkin person never asked me if I wanted the green program(I did) so that got confusing, our first night,I called down,and they said it was too late to use that day, so I got it for the next night. ThenWe didn't get housekeeping that day anyway! SO I asked one of the very nice housekeepers I found in the hall later for some water and coffee,which she gave me.(but I didn;t get my points) the next day we had the green option,and we had not to at all left that day, but they didn;t check to add some. They did leave a bag on door with one water and some cups. We called down for tp,and the sent some asap,along with extra waters. I feel like housekeeping was confused this trip. We had fun in the swan boats, now that they're complimentary!

I finally made my decision between the Swan and Dolphin for my upcoming stay. We originally had a room with 2 beds reserved because my DD was going to be with us, but now she won't be joining us until after we move to AKV. I kept on stalking the website until a King room at the Dolphin popped up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter