Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We stayed one night at the Dolphin on the 14th. We were sad to leave the next day for Pop :) I booked through the Chase portal with points, which comes up as Expedia. The girl checking us in asked if we were SPG members and looked us up, then upgraded us to a resort view on the 18th floor, which I wasn't expecting since we were only there for the night and it was 10pm when we were checking in. The only mishap we had was she wrote the wrong room number down, so we thought the keys didn't work. But a quick trip back down got it straightened out. I thought I had read on this thread that the resort fee was going up to $32ish? I was charged the normal $28ish for my one night, so I was just curious.

Can't wait to spend our whole trip there in January! 33 days!

We had lots of issues with our room, but a big bonus was the fact that we could watch Epcot fireworks from our bed!!! Pretty great!

Hiya,

Just wondering if Hotel Slippers are supplied in the Room at the Swan?

Thanks for your help.
Not that I know of. We have never seen them after all our stays there. Last hotel slippers my dh brought home were from China.

We had lots of issues with our room, but a big bonus was the fact that we could watch Epcot fireworks from our bed!!! Pretty great!
Yes! We got upgraded to a fireworks view room in September, and could see epcot and DHS. It was great. We also saw them testing the world showcase lights one night after the park closed.

Hi... just coming back onto the thread after a long absence (like 3 years! :scared1:) We are in the planning stages for a May 2018 trip, sort of short notice from what I've done in the past. Have checked out dates and Dolphin sold out one of the nights so might need to adjust our dates. But room rates seem high compared to what I've paid other two times at Dolphin soooo..... wondering what special rates I should be looking out for and when those might come available?? I will be needing two rooms so getting a room rate deal is important otherwise we will have to downgrade resorts.
I would so appreciate any advice after all my years away. :worship: Thank you in advance!!

Hi... just coming back onto the thread after a long absence (like 3 years! :scared1:) We are in the planning stages for a May 2018 trip, sort of short notice from what I've done in the past. Have checked out dates and Dolphin sold out one of the nights so might need to adjust our dates. But room rates seem high compared to what I've paid other two times at Dolphin soooo..... wondering what special rates I should be looking out for and when those might come available?? I will be needing two rooms so getting a room rate deal is important otherwise we will have to downgrade resorts.
I would so appreciate any advice after all my years away. :worship: Thank you in advance!!

Keep checking and make sure that in addition to checking through Starwood you also check the discount travel sites (Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, etc). In general I think the prices are overall a bit higher than they were a few years ago but the whole Swan and Dolphin resort just got a major refurbishment so the price increase is warranted in my opinion. I recently got what I would consider a good rate for MLK weekend on a Priceline blind deal (of course I knew what it was based on the search parameters and the resort fee) but if there are any conventions at the Dolphin at the time you are looking that may be why your rates are on the high side. Don't forget that now Starwood and Marriott are owned together so if you have Marriott points you might be able to use those toward your travel.

For a different stay with more people I got a promotion for April (spring break week actually due to traveling with teachers) which was 25% off suites and the "suite" we got was a deluxe alcove room with a connecting room. It came to $485 a night for both rooms which was WAY less than the disney resorts we were comparing. A suite or some connecting rooms might work for your family's needs but I would recommend calling to find out about the different room configurations available and any possible promotions.

So on top of the price I’m getting I have to pay around an extra $60 for resort fee and parking?
And if I pay for parking here do I still have to pay at the parks?

So on top of the price I’m getting I have to pay around an extra $60 for resort fee and parking?
And if I pay for parking here do I still have to pay at the parks?

It was $28.13 for the resort fee and $21.30 for parking (including taxes). You get free parking at the parks by showing your room key.

ED9F8490-7D44-4555-AF12-697677C826D1.jpeg We checked into the Dolphin today and we were not upgraded. In fact, we got a crappy room at the end of a looong hall overlooking the entrance. My DH is Platinum. I went back to the front desk because I knew I would be annoyed walking all the way down to the last room on the 11th floor. I asked for another room but they could not put us in a king room that had a resort view so I took a room with the same view but closer to the elevator.

It’s the first time we have not had a suite or a resort view.

Just curious, what type of room did you pay for? Busy time of the year and my guess is they are booked solid.
oh, a standard room. It was all that was available on points. We would have been happy to pay for an upgrade on points in advance. I was still hoping for an upgrade. We have visited both the Swan and Dolphin this same time of year and have always received a suite, balcony or resort view room. I guess someone needs to get the crappy rooms and it was our turn. Still disappointing.

Last edited:
A bummer, Robin. If you are going to be there for a length of time, maybe worth checking once or twice a day for a different room? Though maybe not. Though I would hate to move once settled in, unpacked and all. IN any case, have a great trip, Happy New Year!! :cheer2:

oh, a standard room. It was all that was available on points. We would have been happy to pay for an upgrade on points in advance. I was still hoping for an upgrade. We have visited both the Swan and Dolphin this same time of year and have always received a suite, balcony or resort view room. I guess someone needs to get the crappy rooms and it was our turn. Still disappointing.
my experience too.... I tried not to feel disappointed,I just didn't look out the window much.....:flower1: It's also the first time we didn't get a decent view of the back side of the resort. Our view was like your pic, only I think our room was a bit to the right,near the elevators. Could be new times with new renovations and mergers? it did say welcome to Marriott on the tv....

A bummer, Robin. If you are going to be there for a length of time, maybe worth checking once or twice a day for a different room? Though maybe not. Though I would hate to move once settled in, unpacked and all. IN any case, have a great trip, Happy New Year!! :cheer2:
Thanks Dan! I did ask about moving later but nothing will open up until our last day. I’ll have a great NYE anyway :).

Thanks Dan! I did ask about moving later but nothing will open up until our last day. I’ll have a great NYE anyway :).
crummy view but Im sure you're enjoying your lovely room....I know I would be

It was $28.13 for the resort fee and $21.30 for parking (including taxes). You get free parking at the parks by showing your room key.

New reservations (I just made one for 2018 this week) are now showing a Resort Fee of $31.50. I'm assuming they will charge tax on top of that. :(

I received a survey after my recent stay this month (December 13-18) where I was charged the $28.13 since they do honor the rate shown at the time you book. I completed the survey and voiced my opinion that the ever-increasing Resort Fee was becoming an issue in my deciding whether to return or not!

I think king bed rooms are not that prevalent at Dolphin, the two times we stayed there I booked a king room and it was not honored!! Was told at check in that none were available :sad2:

New reservations (I just made one for 2018 this week) are now showing a Resort Fee of $31.50. I'm assuming they will charge tax on top of that. :(

I received a survey after my recent stay this month (December 13-18) where I was charged the $28.13 since they do honor the rate shown at the time you book. I completed the survey and voiced my opinion that the ever-increasing Resort Fee was becoming an issue in my deciding whether to return or not!
I think this is why I was surprised by the $28 resort fee on my stay a couple weeks ago... At the beginning of Nov I booked a points stay for the end of January, and the fee was $31.50. Our one night stay this month was unexpected, so I was prepared for $31.50 instead of $28.13 :)

I do hate resort fees though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter